Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: Trump's speech on Hillary Clinton's record
(24-06-2016 02:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 02:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Which quote?

[Image: wut.jpeg]
Well, yeah. I can't quote something you never said.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 02:15 PM
(24-06-2016 02:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 02:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: wut.jpeg]
Well, yeah. I can't quote something you never said.

Now you're just splitting hairs.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-06-2016, 02:28 PM
(24-06-2016 12:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That's possible, but not a necessary result. It's not as if America dictates to the world their own policies.

Thanks to the wonders of globalization, the largest consumer economy on the planet actually kind of does dictate at least it's economic policies by default.

Look at the global financial carnage ensuing from the Brexit vote. I suspect that's nothing compared to the financial carnage if Trump is elected. The uncertainty will cause massive turmoil.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
24-06-2016, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 03:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-06-2016 02:28 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:05 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  That's possible, but not a necessary result. It's not as if America dictates to the world their own policies.

Thanks to the wonders of globalization, the largest consumer economy on the planet actually kind of does dictate at least it's economic policies by default.

Look at the global financial carnage ensuing from the Brexit vote. I suspect that's nothing compared to the financial carnage if Trump is elected. The uncertainty will cause massive turmoil.

Not to worry. He'll renegotiate our $20 trillion dollar debt and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!! "Okay Xi Jinping what if I offered you $0.30 on the dollar? Can we make that work?"

#sigh
24-06-2016, 03:59 PM
(24-06-2016 11:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  No, that's just you being an ignorant clown again. Hillary plans to put her husband in charge of the economy, which happens to make Bernie's views on Bill Clinton very relevant to this election ("Do I have confidence that Clinton will stand up for the working people of this country—for children, for the elderly, for the folks who are hurting? No, I do not."). You do realize that everything Sanders criticized about Hillary Clinton is still completely true in spite of his decision to vote for her over Trump, right?

Actually if you knew anything about Economics, you might know that the economy under Bill Clinton was the best it's been in recent decades. The US actually had a SURPLUS.

But by all means, in your blind hatred for this woman, don't let any facts get in your way of ranting.

https://clinton5.nara.gov/WH/Accomplishm...rs-01.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-06-2016, 04:02 PM
(24-06-2016 02:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Ah, yes, when a Republican like Mitt Romney or Donald Trump changes his mind about an issue, it's flip-flopping, but when a Democrat like Hillary Clinton does the same, it's "changing their view over time" or "learning a lesson." No bias there whatsoever.

I never said ANYTHING of the sort about Romney or Trump. (Trump is no Republican).
Nice try. Liar.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-06-2016, 05:01 PM
I've held off getting into the middle of this Hillary debate because, honestly, I didn't want to get thrown into the middle of two people just hurling insults at each other. But, there were a few comments that really bugged me enough that I can't help myself and am going to respond.

Starting with:

(24-06-2016 12:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 11:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  We went from electing a genocidal maniac to electing an incompetent, bleeding heart politician. That's a huge improvement if you ask me. The American people OTOH are planning to elect someone who supported the same wars that GWB did - and more.

She said it was a mistake.
I realize your hatred and bias against this woman blinds you to reality. Enumerate the "more".
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/hi...owa-118109

Here's my issue: so what?

Here is an OpEd from the Atlantic that I think does a very good job explaining the problems with her "admission". And, I think this is spot on: she did not make a good faith mistake after evaluating all the available evidence. She refused to look at all the evidence. I also agree with the Atlantic that she probably would have voted for it anyway. She's very hawkish and a Clinton presidency is almost assured to bring us more violence and more bloodshed.

Regarding the point you made earlier that not voting for Clinton is the same as voting for Trump: I disagree. I realize that Trump is a lecherous, lying scumbag and his winning the election could be ruinous, but I'm still not voting for her. To earn my vote, a candidate's primary pitch needs to be a little better than "I'm not that guy". And, the Democrats are offering almost nothing else beyond that. With Hillary Clinton I'm promised 4 years (at least) of a violent foreign policy, unsustainable spending, and catering to Wall Street abuses that put the whole economy at risk. The idea that Wall Street paid her a hundreds of thousands of dollars per speech and millions in the aggregate and she's not now beholden to them is a fantasy. I'm not playing ball. The only way these people will ever get the message is if we all stop playing ball.

I'm not a fan of Vosur's delivery, but I agree with his premise: she's morally disgusting. And, I'm not going to be responsible.

Doesn't matter. I think she's going to win anyway. I don't think it's going to be all that close, either.

[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
24-06-2016, 05:04 PM
(24-06-2016 03:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually if you knew anything about Economics, you might know that the economy under Bill Clinton was the best it's been in recent decades. The US actually had a SURPLUS.

sigh

No, it didn't. It did not have a surplus. What it had was money against IOUs for future payments against the Social Security Trust Fund. That was not, by any definition, a "surplus". Sadly, the only elected official that was willing to admit this was Al Gore, aka "the most boring man in the universe". If Gore had found a way to not make people think of paint drying when he talked, we wouldn't be now talking about our inability to afford social security.

[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
24-06-2016, 05:48 PM
(24-06-2016 05:01 PM)BnW Wrote:  I'm not a fan of Vosur's delivery, but I agree with his premise: she's morally disgusting. And, I'm not going to be responsible.

There is "no exit". It's him or her. Not voting does not make anyone "not responsible".
"Morally disgusting" is a matter of opinion.

The economy under Bill Clinton was in terrific shape, whether there was a surplus or not. FAR FAR better than under Bush.

24-06-2016, 05:51 PM
(24-06-2016 05:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The economy under Bill Clinton was in terrific shape, whether there was a surplus or not. FAR FAR better than under Bush.

I agree with that. The economy absolutely was better under Clinton by about any objective measure. But, while I despised Bush, I think you need to be careful making statements like that without understanding the context. A president only has so much impact on the economy. The idea that in a given 4 year period you will see the results of a given policy is just not based on reality.

[+] 3 users Like BnW's post