Trump says: Take their guns away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: take their guns away
(17-09-2016 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Obvious to me what he meant.

Liberal politicians call for gun control while surrounding themselves with armed guards and police.

The common person doesn't get armed guards nor do they get police outside of their house 24 hours a day. The common person has live with the chance that they will be assaulted, raped, robbed or murdered. The 2nd amendment lets people defend themselves.

His point: Without her guards she'd be at the mercy of criminals like the rest of us are.

No conspiracy here. Just truth.
Trained professionals with guns. Aunt Thelma with a Desert Eagle in her bra. I don't think you see any difference between them, do you?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
17-09-2016, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2016 12:26 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
People (the media especially) still haven't figured it out yet.

Trump does this for FREE media coverage. He says something that can be taken out of context in the hopes that the media will run with it (they did). Then he can go on 25 radio shows and 15 news shows this week for free to talk about, clarify his remarks and get asked questions about other things.

He is a master at manipulating the media.

Look what he did yesterday. Excellent article in the WaPost about it.

He called a news conference at his new hotel on Pennsylvania ave to talk about the Obama birther stuff. Not only did he plug his new hotel in there (free advertising) he spent the first hour of the news conference allowing retired military generals talk about how good he is. CNN and MSNBC allowed this to air for 30 minutes until they realized they were being used. Trump then spent the last 5 seconds to say "Obama was born in the U.S. ok?"

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
17-09-2016, 12:28 PM
(17-09-2016 12:17 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  

Liberal politicians call for gun control while surrounding themselves with armed guards and police.

The common person doesn't get armed guards nor do they get police outside of their house 24 hours a day. The common person has live with the chance that they will be assaulted, raped, robbed or murdered. The 2nd amendment lets people defend themselves.

His point: Without her guards she'd be at the mercy of criminals like the rest of us are.

Trained professionals with guns. Aunt Thelma with a Desert Eagle in her bra. I don't think you see any difference between them, do you?

If Aunt Thelma is a person who's got good judgement - and a modicum of firearm training -- why SHOULDN'T she be able to carry a gun to protect herself????

Because she's not elite enough, like some politicians?????

She's just some crackpot rube asshole, because she figures her life is worth protecting????? And of course - you have to paint her that way by giving her a completely worthless gun for concealment....

Nothing like a stereotype to serve the purpose.....

Huh....

Imagine that...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-09-2016, 12:44 PM
I hope this won't turn into another gun debate here, I am tired of everything turning into a gun debate.

We all know the ways Trump's words can be interpreted, it was discussed last page.

It's a thread about the possible consequences of the way Trump talks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-09-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Trump says: Take their guns away
(17-09-2016 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... The common person doesn't get armed guards nor do they get police outside of their house 24 hours a day. The common person has live with the chance that they will be assaulted, raped, robbed or murdered ...

Which entirely ignores the astronomical statistical gulf between the common person being targeted and a high profile politician being targeted. It isn't even apples vs oranges, which are at least both fruit, it's closer to comparing seaweed to refrigerators. There is no basis for even attempting a comparison.
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
17-09-2016, 05:46 PM
(17-09-2016 05:39 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 11:24 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ... The common person doesn't get armed guards nor do they get police outside of their house 24 hours a day. The common person has live with the chance that they will be assaulted, raped, robbed or murdered ...

Which entirely ignores the astronomical statistical gulf between the common person being targeted and a high profile politician being targeted. It isn't even apples vs oranges, which are at least both fruit, it's closer to comparing seaweed to refrigerators. There is no basis for even attempting a comparison.

Very true. The chances that someone targets me are a lot less than the chances that someone targets Hillary. Most people don't even know I exist. Everyone and his brother knows Hillary is out there. A lot of people might get it in their head that crooked Hillary needs to be dealt with.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-09-2016, 05:51 PM
(17-09-2016 12:44 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's a thread about the possible consequences of the way Trump talks.

The last time I can recall incendiary racist political speech like this from a major candidate is George Wallace. He came to PG County spewing his shit. We shot him.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-09-2016, 07:03 PM
(17-09-2016 11:47 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  

In America, at this point in the election, I would think that it would not be ordinary criminals she had to worry about but the possibility large numbers of less than fully intelligent characters walking about with a chip on their shoulder, a few beers in their bellies and a gun in their pocket.

Is not the Rump also entitled to official protection as a candidate? If not I would be very surprised if he did not have private armed bodyguards.

He's not the one calling for stricter gun control laws while ironically employing armed security.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-09-2016, 07:23 PM
(17-09-2016 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-09-2016 11:47 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  In America, at this point in the election, I would think that it would not be ordinary criminals she had to worry about but the possibility large numbers of less than fully intelligent characters walking about with a chip on their shoulder, a few beers in their bellies and a gun in their pocket.

Is not the Rump also entitled to official protection as a candidate? If not I would be very surprised if he did not have private armed bodyguards.

He's not the one calling for stricter gun control laws while ironically employing armed security.

She is not proposing to disarm the country for crying out loud.

17-09-2016, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2016 08:42 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(17-09-2016 11:38 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is he really so innocent/stupid that he doesn't realize the double entendre in his statements? Or is he just talking off the top of his head? Or both?

I think he knows how to rile people up, but that's where his "intelligence" ends. He basically has the mind of a 6th grade bully.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post