Trump says: Take their guns away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 07:45 AM
RE: Trump says: Take their guns away
(18-09-2016 07:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 07:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Why do people who carry guns because they don't trust other people expect us to trust them? Huh

Why do people who don't carry guns - expect other people to protect them????

Why do you think I need protection from you?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2016, 07:46 AM
(18-09-2016 07:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My opinion -- those people who think they live in a "civilized country" -- are just people who've abdicated their safety and well being, indeed their fate -- to other people --- who may, or may not protect them when protection is needed.

If that makes you happy - that's fine -- enjoy - and I hope you do for a long time.

I'm a bit more pessimistic -- I'm convinced that there's too many crazy, whacked out and evil people out there to make such a surrender.

You can call me paranoid -- I don't care.

I watch out for myself. I check the traffic before I cross the street too -- I don't just rely on everyone else to obey the traffic lights..................

Get old and you'll abdicate your safety and well being to society too. I can still defend myself on my own turf, but when I go out into society I want the cops to watch out for me - that's what I have been paying them for all my life. Telling me I should always fear the supermarket is ridiculous. I am lucky not to live in a country where it rains bombs. beyond that, I expect protection from society.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
18-09-2016, 07:51 AM
(18-09-2016 07:45 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 07:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Why do people who don't carry guns - expect other people to protect them????

Why do you think I need protection from you?

I dunno...

Why do you??

You think I'm dangerous???

Laughat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-09-2016, 07:53 AM
(18-09-2016 07:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 07:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My opinion -- those people who think they live in a "civilized country" -- are just people who've abdicated their safety and well being, indeed their fate -- to other people --- who may, or may not protect them when protection is needed.

If that makes you happy - that's fine -- enjoy - and I hope you do for a long time.

I'm a bit more pessimistic -- I'm convinced that there's too many crazy, whacked out and evil people out there to make such a surrender.

You can call me paranoid -- I don't care.

I watch out for myself. I check the traffic before I cross the street too -- I don't just rely on everyone else to obey the traffic lights..................

Get old and you'll abdicate your safety and well being to society too. I can still defend myself on my own turf, but when I go out into society I want the cops to watch out for me - that's what I have been paying them for all my life. Telling me I should always fear the supermarket is ridiculous. I am lucky not to live in a country where it rains bombs. beyond that, I expect protection from society.

I rather doubt that....

I know people in their late 80's who pack iron.

They don't know how to use a cell phone - but they do know how to shoot.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-09-2016, 07:53 AM
The Washington Post noted that for every criminal killed in self-defense thirty-four innocent people die. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/

The need for "self-defense" is a red herring.
18-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Hillary is a supporter of gun control, so he's right. Take her guards guns away and see what happens. Same should go for every gun-hating politician.
18-09-2016, 07:58 AM
(18-09-2016 07:54 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Hillary is a supporter of gun control, so he's right. Take her guards guns away and see what happens. Same should go for every gun-hating politician.

Another one who thinks "gun control" means absolute confiscation. What the fuck?
18-09-2016, 08:01 AM
(18-09-2016 07:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Washington Post noted that for every criminal killed in self-defense thirty-four innocent people die. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/

The need for "self-defense" is a red herring.

Well, looks like I am getting sucked into a discussion of gun laws again after all.

I have a gun and a police canine at home and don't expect to use either in my lifetime to defend myself. Worst thing that ever happened around here is someone fishing my pond without permission. I just gave him permission long as he stuck to certain hours.

I made a point of settling in a sleepy, fairly crime free area for my old age. My expectations would surely differ if I lived smack dab in a large city now. Probably I'd be eating less lettuce and a lot more delivered Pizza...

Packing heat in your late 80s is fucking stupid, you can't move fast enough, can't aim properly, what is the point? Someone will just take it from you and shoot you with it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-09-2016, 08:01 AM
(18-09-2016 07:58 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 07:54 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Hillary is a supporter of gun control, so he's right. Take her guards guns away and see what happens. Same should go for every gun-hating politician.

Another one who thinks "gun control" means absolute confiscation. What the fuck?

Another one who wants to stop law abiding citizens from defending themselves. What the fuck?
18-09-2016, 08:08 AM
(18-09-2016 08:01 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 07:58 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Another one who thinks "gun control" means absolute confiscation. What the fuck?

Another one who wants to stop law abiding citizens from defending themselves. What the fuck?

As pointed out above, the "self-defense" aspect is a fantasy.