Trump says: Take their guns away

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Trump says: Take their guns away
(18-09-2016 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 09:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Don't fear the weapon, fear the person using it. I saw a demonstration where a man used a rolled up newspaper to beat the crap out of six other men.

One of the scariest things about the whip baton is how easy they are to use. A 6 yo could hurt me.
Requires closer range but: when a teenager offered to "kick my fucking head in" one day I took my keys out of my pocket, held them by the blade of the ignition key, placed that between the 2nd and 3rd fingers of my right hand then clenched my fist around the "handle" of the key and held it at the "ready" position. Then I took my nitrate spray out of my left pocket (he probably did not know what it was) and held that at his eye level, arm extended and stood there looking (but not feeling!) cold faced and confident and holding eye contact.

He changed his mind, despite having about 6 inches and 50+ years youth advantage over me.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
18-09-2016, 10:31 AM
(18-09-2016 10:30 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  One of the scariest things about the whip baton is how easy they are to use. A 6 yo could hurt me.
Requires closer range but: when a teenager offered to "knick my fucking head in" one day I took my keys out of my pocket, held them by the blade of the ignition key, placed that between the 2nd and 3rd fingers of my right hand then clenched my fist around the "handle" of the key and held it at the "ready" position. Then I took my nitrate spray out of my left pocket (he probably did not know what it was) and held that at his eye level, arm extended and stood there looking (but not feeling!) cold faced and confident and holding eye contact.

He changed his mind, despite having about 6 inches and 50+ years youth advantage over me.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
18-09-2016, 10:36 AM
(18-09-2016 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:30 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Requires closer range but: when a teenager offered to "knick my fucking head in" one day I took my keys out of my pocket, held them by the blade of the ignition key, placed that between the 2nd and 3rd fingers of my right hand then clenched my fist around the "handle" of the key and held it at the "ready" position. Then I took my nitrate spray out of my left pocket (he probably did not know what it was) and held that at his eye level, arm extended and stood there looking (but not feeling!) cold faced and confident and holding eye contact.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Have you ever seen a Chihuahua take down a St. Bernard?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-09-2016, 10:39 AM
(18-09-2016 10:36 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Have you ever seen a Chihuahua take down a St. Bernard?

I've seen a six ounce kitten totally buffalo a Rotty. Gasp
18-09-2016, 10:39 AM
(18-09-2016 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:36 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Have you ever seen a Chihuahua take down a St. Bernard?

I've seen a six ounce kitten totally buffalo a Rotty. Gasp

Good enough.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-09-2016, 10:54 AM
(18-09-2016 10:39 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I've seen a six ounce kitten totally buffalo a Rotty. Gasp

Good enough.

18-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Welcome to Canada. We don't have the Second Ammendment up here. Owning a gun up here requires a license. Open carry is non-existent for the general population. Our politicians still get armed security because lunatics happen. Suggesting otherwise is just plain stupid.

It's rare to even see a gun up here unless you're hunting or working in a field that requires them. Anybody carrying an AK-47 to do their shopping will find themselves the immediate attention of an RCMP special unit.

Just a little perspective for you.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-09-2016, 12:58 PM
(18-09-2016 07:53 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The Washington Post noted that for every criminal killed in self-defense thirty-four innocent people die. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk...eople-die/

The need for "self-defense" is a red herring.

Apples and oranges: Remove the suicides from those numbers.

Red herring: The comparison is invalid - compare the number with the number of crimes stopped, not criminals killed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-09-2016, 01:00 PM
(18-09-2016 08:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 08:01 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Another one who wants to stop law abiding citizens from defending themselves. What the fuck?

As pointed out above, the "self-defense" aspect is a fantasy.

I suggest you do some actual research. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
18-09-2016, 01:01 PM
(18-09-2016 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(18-09-2016 10:30 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Requires closer range but: when a teenager offered to "knick my fucking head in" one day I took my keys out of my pocket, held them by the blade of the ignition key, placed that between the 2nd and 3rd fingers of my right hand then clenched my fist around the "handle" of the key and held it at the "ready" position. Then I took my nitrate spray out of my left pocket (he probably did not know what it was) and held that at his eye level, arm extended and stood there looking (but not feeling!) cold faced and confident and holding eye contact.

WOOF!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.