Trump scares the shit outta me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: Trump scares the shit outta me
Never enough money.

He has his endorsement of another GOP candidate to sell. He has future books and TV shows to sell.

Unfortunately you may underestimate the amount of money that is thrown around in a US president campaign. There are literally billions of dollars in play. If Trump's function is to pull the GOP center to the right, so that an even more venal candidate can head the ticket, there can be hundreds of millions in that for Trump. And you definitely underestimate Trump's ego and ability to believe his own publicity. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 09:49 PM
(25-08-2015 09:21 PM)Free Wrote:  Up here in Canada, we view American politics as if it is situational comedy. It's far more entertaining than our own boring political system.

We have a system in which a quarter of the electorate may take absolute control of parliament. We have a system in which voter disinformation and outright expense fraud don't seem to matter to most people.

And yet, as long as we have an immediate example to lord over, we'll never have the impetus to do better...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-08-2015, 03:53 AM
Democracy is a device that insures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.”
George Bernard Shaw

The one, true, and real Harvey

Bene vixit, bene qui latuit
René Descartes
[+] 2 users Like Harvey's post
26-08-2015, 06:17 AM
(25-08-2015 09:49 PM)cjlr Wrote:  We have a system in which a quarter of the electorate may take absolute control of parliament. We have a system in which voter disinformation and outright expense fraud don't seem to matter to most people.

And yet, as long as we have an immediate example to lord over, we'll never have the impetus to do better...

America: keeping Canada down simply by being worse.

You're welcome. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
26-08-2015, 01:25 PM
We all now when Trump looses he's going to blame someone else, or not accept the count.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
26-08-2015, 01:30 PM
(25-08-2015 09:21 PM)Free Wrote:  Up here in Canada, we view American politics as if it is situational comedy.
For better or worse, most Americans do too... Undecided

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
26-08-2015, 05:00 PM
(26-08-2015 01:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  We all now when Trump looses he's going to blame someone else, or not accept the count.

Obviously it would be because all those illegal immigrants illegally voted against him.
And "this is a sign that America is declining" or some such statement (I guarantee, I would put money on it, that he will say something to that effect.)
26-08-2015, 06:15 PM
(26-08-2015 05:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 01:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  We all now when Trump looses he's going to blame someone else, or not accept the count.

Obviously it would be because all those illegal immigrants illegally voted against him.
And "this is a sign that America is declining" or some such statement (I guarantee, I would put money on it, that he will say something to that effect.)

Could his ego even admit that he didn't win for any reason? I think he'll say he decided he quit because he had better things to do, like find a new network to air Apprentice.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaynGH5Y0I-4w6l7DQ4NC...3fvQNVvB8A]
27-08-2015, 05:45 PM
(25-08-2015 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Does Trump even realize that he's the joke candidate? That people are laughing at him, not with him?
Is he really that deluded?
No, he is not deluded. The more they attack Trump, the more people want to support him. The more he speaks the more people like it.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-08-2015, 05:47 PM
(25-08-2015 06:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^He cares about the attention and the extra money that the attention will bring his way. That's all.

I believe he wants to make America great again. He is believable. Hilary is not. She is a Liar. Hilary, why did you wipe your server?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED