Trump scares the shit outta me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2015, 03:17 PM
RE: Trump scares the shit outta me
(23-08-2015 01:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-08-2015 09:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Anyway, America is starting to look like Imperial Rome with certain family dynasties able to rule only. The Bush's, Clintons' etc. Obama is like a wild card general who took over in between family rule.

John Adams and John Quincy Adams? William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison? You say that like it's a new thing...

American politics were their most incestuous in the heyday of the Tidewater aristocracy, 200 years ago.

Let's not forget the Roosevelt cousins. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
23-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Laws are made for people, Alla, people are not made for laws.

Illegal immigrants - who decided that it should be illegal? Take Europe, Italy for example. People cross under dangerous conditions into Italy all the time, from North Africa. That's *strictly* illegal. Why don't they submit their documents like good little citizens of the world? And when they're denied travel permission , why don't they stay at home in their shitty little country and live shitty lives or die like proper obedient minions should?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
23-08-2015, 03:28 PM
(23-08-2015 03:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Wow, I didn't know Alla was so evil! Shocking
It is evil to award those who break laws. It is evil to use illegals by giving them crumbs so they can vote for Dems.

By definition, people who live here illegally cannot legally vote. At least not in any elections that matter nationwide. I've heard that some places allow non-citizens to vote in municipal elections.

It's my understanding vote fraud significant enough to affect an election tends to occur at the voting machine level, not the voter level.

Many, many laws--sponsored and passed by both parties--are designed to give "crumbs" to various voting blocks. All of those sanctity of marriage and "religious freedom" laws trying to make gay marriage illegal or discrimination based on "conscience" legal--those laws don't make industries safer or add jobs or improve education, they are strictly aimed at getting you to vote for the assholes who propose them. Your vote is the only thing about you they value, sorry to say.
23-08-2015, 03:30 PM
(23-08-2015 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Laws are made for people, Alla, people are not made for laws.
I agree.
(23-08-2015 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Illegal immigrants - who decided that it should be illegal?
Law makers whom people elect. Am I wrong?
(23-08-2015 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Take Europe, Italy for example. People cross under dangerous conditions into Italy all the time, from North Africa. That's *strictly* illegal. Why don't they submit their documents like good little citizens of the world?
I don't know.
(23-08-2015 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  And when they're denied travel permission , why don't they stay at home in their shitty little country and live shitty lives or die like proper obedient minions should?
Because they want to have better quality of life.
But I have a question for you. Why don't many, many people who have shitty lives cross any country illegally?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
23-08-2015, 03:40 PM
(23-08-2015 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 03:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  And when they're denied travel permission , why don't they stay at home in their shitty little country and live shitty lives or die like proper obedient minions should?
Because they want to have better quality of life.
Right. And by what moral will you deny them that?

Quote:But I have a question for you? Why don't many, many people who have shitty lives cross any country illegally?
Many, many people do. Take for example, Zimbabwe, my country. *One* to *five* million people have moved, lock stock and barrel. That's between 7 and 36 percent of the total population!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-08-2015, 03:52 PM
(23-08-2015 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-08-2015 03:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  Because they want to have better quality of life.
Right. And by what moral will you deny them that?
I have a better question. There are strangers/homeless people. Let's say some of them decided to live in my house without asking me. They want to have a better quality of life. I feel compassion for them but they can not live in my house without my permission.
By what moral will I deny them that?
Jesus said: poor are always going to be with you. We can't help all poor.
We can try our best but we will never help all poor.

23-08-2015, 04:27 PM
(23-08-2015 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a better question. There are strangers/homeless people. Let's say some of them decided to live in my house without asking me. They want to have a better quality of life. I feel compassion for them but they can not live in my house without my permission.
By what moral will I deny them that?
Jesus said: poor are always going to be with you. We can't help all poor.
We can try our best but we will never help all poor.

The Church of Latter Day Saints gives them homes to live in. You are not a good Mormon, Alla, you are an asshole.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-08-2015, 04:55 PM
(23-08-2015 04:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The Church of Latter Day Saints gives them homes to live in. You are not a good Mormon, Alla, you are an asshole.

Yes, with money that I contribute and you don't. So, who is asshole now? Tongue
Girlyman, make your home an open house to all who needs your bedrooms.

23-08-2015, 05:08 PM
(23-08-2015 03:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a better question. There are strangers/homeless people. Let's say some of them decided to live in my house without asking me. They want to have a better quality of life. I feel compassion for them but they can not live in my house without my permission.

How many immigrants have moved into your house recently?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
23-08-2015, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2015 07:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-08-2015 04:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  Girlyman, make your home an open house to all who needs your bedrooms.

I've already done that, Alla. Opened my extra bedroom to the gay Nigerian 15 yo kid who got kicked out of his house for being gay some 15 years ago. He's now a Baltimore Raven cheerleader in medical school. After him, I've taken on 6 or so lost souls rejected for a variety of reasons ... mi casa es su casa. ... Who have you taken in Alla?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post