Trump shared classified info to Russians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 09:58 AM
RE: Trump shared classified info to Russians
(22-05-2017 09:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 09:37 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  The mental gymnastics one has to go through to be a good 'Christian' while vilifying the poor and helpless...

Amazing. Truly, truly amazing.

Or depending on the person, horrifying. This GOP lawmaker in Mississippi loudly proclaims his faith to any who will listen, sends out Christmas cards with Bible verses, etc. And posted this on FB (which two of his (Christian) Republican fellow lawmakers Liked:
Quote:The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific. If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, “leadership” of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED! Let it be known, I will do all in my power to prevent this from happening in our State.

Caps his.

Religion in the USA is horribly toxic, I often wonder why this is so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
22-05-2017, 10:04 AM
(21-05-2017 02:00 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-05-2017 01:36 AM)Alla Wrote:  They will CHOOSE to work if nobody feeds them. They will not choose to die.
I knew people who preferred to be beggars. They were beggars as long as people helped them. As soon as help stopped they changed. They asked to help them to have skills and find job. They got help again while they were learning skills until they got job. Happy end

Tell me, oh wise one, how shall I solve the problem in Johannesburg? There are beggars - countless ones - on the streets here. If no one feeds them they will die. They all want a job, any job, but there are no jobs to give them.

It is not like it's any different in the US. Girl I know used to work for a job placement agency, *specifically* looking for jobs for homeless people, because in the land of the free and home of the brave, having a criminal record shuts you out of countless job opportunities. And 99% of those guys had criminal records because, get this, they would get arrested for stupid things, especially if they were black.

All of those guys needed help getting a job, because it was difficult on their own. Not they didn't want to work. You've appointed yourself judge, jury and executioner. You judge that they don't want to work, you find them guilty of being lazy, and you decree that they must die, because giving them food would just make them dependent.

A lot of the so-called conservative views in the US make absolutely zero sense if one pretends bigotry has nothing to do with it. When you slot in race, nationality, etc everything starts to click. It becomes easier to criminalize poverty. If poverty is a crime, then supporting the poor and those in need equals supporting criminals. Because this view is not fact based, the country ends up adopting policies that hurt even those whose economic circumstances would not ordinarily be blamed on laziness and criminality.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 7 users Like tomilay's post
22-05-2017, 10:39 AM
(22-05-2017 09:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Or depending on the person, horrifying. This GOP lawmaker in Mississippi loudly proclaims his faith to any who will listen, sends out Christmas cards with Bible verses, etc. And posted this on FB (which two of his (Christian) Republican fellow lawmakers Liked:
Quote:The destruction of these monuments, erected in the loving memory of our family and fellow Southern Americans, is both heinous and horrific. If the, and I use this term extremely loosely, “leadership” of Louisiana wishes to, in a Nazi-ish fashion, burn books or destroy historical monuments of OUR HISTORY, they should be LYNCHED! Let it be known, I will do all in my power to prevent this from happening in our State.

Caps his.

To be fair, this isn't the most tone-deaf thing a politician in the GOP has said in the last couple of years. *sigh*

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 10:49 AM
(22-05-2017 10:39 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  To be fair, this isn't the most tone-deaf thing a politician in the GOP has said in the last couple of years. *sigh*

Yeah, it seems to be a thing with them.

Hobo
22-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Here's another Republican misstatement:

"Commerce secretary Wilbur Ross offered two highlights from his trip to Saudi Arabia in an interview with CNBC on Monday morning. First, he enjoyed the two bushels of dates he was given by Saudi Arabian security guards and, second, he was pleased that he saw no protester with 'a bad placard.' Perhaps because an American-style protest is illegal in that country and can result in a death sentence. Ross was using the lack of protesters as an example of how warmly the Trump administration was received in the country."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...f0e92fca01
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
22-05-2017, 02:13 PM
(22-05-2017 01:56 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Here's another Republican misstatement:

"Commerce secretary Wilbur Ross offered two highlights from his trip to Saudi Arabia in an interview with CNBC on Monday morning. First, he enjoyed the two bushels of dates he was given by Saudi Arabian security guards and, second, he was pleased that he saw no protester with 'a bad placard.' Perhaps because an American-style protest is illegal in that country and can result in a death sentence. Ross was using the lack of protesters as an example of how warmly the Trump administration was received in the country."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...f0e92fca01

What a stupid cunt. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-05-2017, 05:04 PM
morondog Wrote:Tell me, oh wise one, how shall I solve the problem in Johannesburg? There are beggars - countless ones - on the streets here. If no one feeds them they will die. They all want a job, any job, but there are no jobs to give them.
Easy. Help them. Assist them and vote for those who know what makes economy thrive, so more people can have JOBS, JOBS, JOBS.
Those who want to work but can't(can not find job or disabled, or aged) need assistance. They need roof above their heads, food on their tables, good health care.

Those who have an opportunity to work but choose not to, destroy themselves. They are REGRESSIVES.

GirlyMan Wrote:So your charity has conditions then. Kinda diminishes and cheapens it.
You say so. But it is OK. You can have any opinion you wish but the most important thing is this: This kind of charity helps people to become TRUE PROGRESSIVES. It changes QUALITY of their lives. It brings JOY to them. Why? Because they know how TO PROGRESS.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
22-05-2017, 05:13 PM
SELF-RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE SAY:

If you don't believe in our MORAL standards you are not only wrong you are immoral, evil, wicked, horrible person.
Self-righteous people get angry at those who don't follow their MORAL standards.
Self-righteous people are very, very judgmental.

If I do not want single payer it is only for one reason, self-righteous people say. The only reason is this: I am deplorable and irredeemable, immoral, wicked, horrible person.

But what if I do NOT BELIEVE that single payer will work in America? What if I do NOT BELIEVE it will be affordable?

Can I be wrong? Yes, I can.
But to be wrong does NOT mean to be evil, heartless person.

May be there are people somewhere out there in the world who can show to me that I am wrong. I am willing to hear.
But I know that I don't want to learn it from SELF-RIGHTEOUS judgmental people who think that I am deplorable and irredeemable.

22-05-2017, 05:17 PM
(22-05-2017 05:13 PM)Alla Wrote:  SELF-RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE SAY:

If you don't believe in our MORAL standards you are not only wrong you are immoral, evil, wicked, horrible person.
Self-righteous people get angry at those who don't follow their MORAL standards.
Self-righteous people are very, very judgmental.

If I do not want single payer it is only for one reason, self-righteous people say. The only reason is this: I am deplorable and irredeemable, immoral, wicked, horrible person.

But what if I do NOT BELIEVE that single payer will work in America? What if I do NOT BELIEVE it will be affordable?

Can I be wrong? Yes, I can.
But to be wrong does NOT mean to be evil, heartless person.

May be there are people somewhere out there in the world who can show to me that I am wrong. I am willing to hear.
But I know that I don't want to learn it from SELF-RIGHTEOUS judgmental people who think that I am deplorable and irredeemable.

No, Alla. If you are willing to be a party to causing people to suffer (any people, any reason), you are not a good person. It's as simple as that.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
22-05-2017, 05:23 PM
(22-05-2017 05:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, Alla. If you are willing to be a party to causing people to suffer (any people, any reason), you are not a good person. It's as simple as that.
There is no political party that doesn't cause suffering to anyone.
What party are you, Dom?