Trump shared classified info to Russians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: Trump shared classified info to Russians
(22-05-2017 05:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, Alla. If you are willing to be a party to causing people to suffer (any people, any reason), you are not a good person. It's as simple as that.
There is no political party that doesn't cause suffering to anyone.
What party are you, Dom?

None. They are both rubbish.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2017, 05:50 PM
(22-05-2017 05:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  There is no political party that doesn't cause suffering to anyone.
What party are you, Dom?

None. They are both rubbish.

You never vote?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
22-05-2017, 05:54 PM
(22-05-2017 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  None. They are both rubbish.

You never vote?

I figure Dom does what most of us do. Pick the politician on the ballot that best reflect our values for each position, and not blindly vote off of whether there's a D or an R next to their name (not trying to imply that you would, using 'most of us' in the generalized sense. I do know people who vote only by Party.). For instance, I'm registered as a Democrat. During the last Presidential election I voted for people from three different parties on my ballot.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
22-05-2017, 05:55 PM
(22-05-2017 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-05-2017 05:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  None. They are both rubbish.

You never vote?

I am a permanent resident. I don't get to vote, just pay taxes Smile. I helped pay for your operation. Tongue And if I was allowed to vote, I would not be loyal to either party.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
22-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Dom Wrote:I am a permanent resident. I don't get to vote, just pay taxes
OK. By your definition every citizen who votes is not good person. Every party causes to suffer at least one person.

Dom Wrote:I helped pay for your operation.
Thanks. BTW, I am also contributing by paying my taxes. One day it will be paid of. I do all I can.

Dom Wrote:And if I was allowed to vote, I would not be loyal to either party.
I vote but I am not loyal to politicians. I always choose the least of two evils.
But, please, don't tell me that I am not good person if my HONEST opinion of "what the least of two evils is" is wrong in your HONEST opinion.

22-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Shai Hulud Wrote:I figure Dom does what most of us do. Pick the politician on the ballot that best reflect our values for each position, and not blindly vote off of whether there's a D or an R next to their name (not trying to imply that you would, using 'most of us' in the generalized sense. I do know people who vote only by Party.). For instance, I'm registered as a Democrat. During the last Presidential election I voted for people from three different parties on my ballot.
OK.
I am Conservative. I voted for Trump but I never believed he is 100% Conservative. I believe that Trump is Liberal in some areas and Conservative in some areas.

P.S. Guys, did you hear the news about explosion in UK at Ariana Grande concert? About 20 dead, 50 injured. They don't know yet what exactly happened
Sorry for off top

22-05-2017, 07:44 PM
She's not kidding. Sad

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/deaths...ng-n763286

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
22-05-2017, 07:59 PM
(22-05-2017 06:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Dom Wrote:I am a permanent resident. I don't get to vote, just pay taxes
OK. By your definition every citizen who votes is not good person. Every party causes to suffer at least one person.

There's a world of difference between "causes to suffer at least one person" and "systematically attempts to pass laws and enact policies which benefit big businesses--who coincidentally are giving large amounts of money to the politicians--at the cost of the health and well being of the citizens", as we see in almost literally every action of the GOP. They try to couch it in good terms (like a clearcutting logging bill called the "Healthy Trees Initiative") and blast it over the airwaves via the corporate-owned media outlets, so that people like you will support their actions, but the reality is that they are willing to hurt people in order to make more money for the people who give them money. This is evil by pretty much any definition.

Now, I'm not saying the Democratic party is immune to this; indeed, the entire point of Justice Democrats is to swear off large donor money (SuperPACs, billionaire donors, corporations, etc.) in their campaign contributions in order to remove this corruption, specifically because the Dems are just as corrupt in terms of permissiveness to business interests against the interests of workers and citizens. That's why most people who are not "I'm conservative no matter what" say that the Democrats are the "lesser of two evils".

I swear, Alla, if you took off the blinders and paid attention-- like to the conversation we've been having, here, where even you had to admit that people who do not have the luck you had in having your medical costs waived can be in Big Trouble™, or even die, as in the example of me-- you would see that the GOP does things that are unquestionably evil. One of those things, I think, is convince people through endless propaganda to ignore demonstrable facts in favor of opinions that sound good but are lots of hot air, such as "I don't believe single payer would work".

Well, why not? Why DO you believe that? Think about it.

What is so special about the USA that what works everywhere else, and which is better by every possible measure (except for the very top-end, high-cost doctors/clinics that only the super-rich can afford anyway) than the system we currently have, except that our country has more wealth than all those other nations making single payer work just fine?

And more importantly, why is it not plainly obvious that [edit: the GOP is] a party which routinely tells regulators to look the other way while we poison our rivers, which pushes for policies that have everything to do with ideology over people's suffering (such as the notion that it's worth punishing everyone just because a few will try to game the system, for example by not working), and which is doing everything in its power to gut the one chance I have at living more than a few more years?

Why? I asked you before. How can you justify looking at me and telling me that you think it's okay for politicians to pass policies which benefit the insurance companies that give them $500,000,000 per year to pass those policies, when those policies will result in my death. Again this is not hyperbole or exaggeration, this is the reality with which I live.

You say it is evil to not teach a person self-reliance. I say it is a million times more evil to condone a national policy that would allow me and tens of thousands of others like me to die needlessly, each year, out of catering to the greed of those who make their money by acting as middle-men (parasites) on the medical care system and clucking like hens over the idea that maybe, just maybe, we managed to prevent the people who "don't deserve it" from getting stuff from their fellow citizens.

Your moralization is to teach a lesson by letting people die.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Here in my state, Republicans just *lowered* the Minimum Wage. Yes, you read that correctly.

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
22-05-2017, 09:02 PM
[Image: cbJcurc.png]

[+] 7 users Like Dom's post