Trump shared classified info to Russians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: Trump shared classified info to Russians
(23-05-2017 01:11 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 12:58 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Perhaps alla thinks the harder she try's to be hardcore republican American the more American she will become, perhaps to mentally shift her soviet past, I'm greatly disappointed as I had thought she had made such improvement. Sad

People don't change so easily.

But, she is curious and asks questions - then something becomes too uncomfortable and she starts repeating slogans.

It's good, the asking questions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-05-2017, 02:08 PM
(23-05-2017 01:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 01:11 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  People don't change so easily.

But, she is curious and asks questions - then something becomes too uncomfortable and she starts repeating slogans.

Good point, that's common on those in a pseudo cult / religion I think
23-05-2017, 02:19 PM
(23-05-2017 01:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 01:11 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  People don't change so easily.

Asking the questions is a good thing, yes. Thinking on answers is even better.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
23-05-2017, 02:25 PM
(23-05-2017 02:19 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-05-2017 01:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  But, she is curious and asks questions - then something becomes too uncomfortable and she starts repeating slogans.

Asking the questions is a good thing, yes. Thinking on answers is even better.

Growing a beard is the best!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-05-2017, 09:41 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:but you cannot force joy on people, it will not be joyous. You cannot force people to improve the quality of their lives
Exactly. They have to choose to be happy and to improve quality of their lives. But if I support them to the rest of their lives (while they are able bodies) it would mean that I would take an opportunity from them to try to improve their lives. I can not take this opportunity from them. At one point they will have to choose to improve their lives.
But I am not talking about sick people. I even do not talk about alcoholics or drug addicts. Those people are nor capable to help themselves. They really need our help. Only after they are recovered they need help with learning how to start over their lives.

I am not against welfare , food stamps, Medicaid, SSI and other programs THAT WORK. I am against abuse and waste. Those who choose to abuse the system are choosing path of self-destruction. It makes me sad.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
26-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Quote:"Dom"]Well, Alla is going to get her wish. Trump wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps etc in a big way
it is not my wish.
If they cut off all those people who really need those programs then it is very concerning. I am totally against it.
But if they cut off those who can survive without government assistance I am for it. I prefer if those who really need gov.assistence to have even more help.
I believe that what they get is not enough.

Dom Wrote:Maybe Alla will wake up when her family members die, or when she gets to face the facts herself...
I don't know. May be.

27-05-2017, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 09:51 AM by GirlyMan.)
(26-05-2017 09:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Quote:"Dom"]Well, Alla is going to get her wish. Trump wants to cut Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps etc in a big way
it is not my wish.
If they cut off all those people who really need those programs then it is very concerning. I am totally against it.
But if they cut off those who can survive without government assistance I am for it. I prefer if those who really need gov.assistence to have even more help.
I believe that what they get is not enough.

And how do you go about deciding which is which and who is who, dear Alla? I can lift a 1/4 ton off the ground but I know what it feels like to not be able to get out of bed the dread was so pervasive and permeating. How do you personally Alla, decide which is which and who is who?

I know how I do it. If for some bizarre reason a person does not want to work and be a productive member of the community then that is health reason enough to qualify for subsidized support. You assume that the natural state of people is to be lazy and when not forced to contribute to community they won't. Not only is that one of the most depressing views of your fellow men you could have, you are dead wrong. It is the exact opposite. There are very very few people who want to sit around on the couch all day watching soap operas and eating taxpayer-funded bon-bons. For those that do, I say pay for the bon-bons and cable TV if it keeps their malaise and disenchantment out of the work place where it can spread.

Just because you wouldn't work unless forced to Alla don't mean most people wouldn't. I don't think you have a healthy view of your brothers and sisters, Alla.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-05-2017, 09:20 PM
GirlyMan Wrote:And how do you go about deciding which is which and who is who, dear Alla? I can lift a 1/4 ton off the ground but I know what it feels like to not be able to get out of bed the dread was so pervasive and permeating. How do you personally Alla, decide which is which and who is who?

Old people. They need help, it doesn't matter how strong they are.
Disabled people of any age. They need help, it doesn't matter how strong they are.
Single mothers. They need help.
People who are not old and who are not disabled and can not find job. They need help until they are able to support themselves. They have to look for job.
I think it is fair and compassionate to them and to those who work hard and pay taxes.

P.S. I don't know how many people are lazy and don't want to work. May be you are right, may be not too many. I will not argue. Probably, most of the people want good jobs and want to contribute something in order to help fellow men.
But I know that many people who are on welfare get hooked to it. I believe this problem has to be solved. When you get free stuff it is hard to let it go.

27-05-2017, 10:03 PM
(27-05-2017 09:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  P.S. I don't know how many people are lazy and don't want to work. May be you are right, may be not too many.

Did you not read the links I posted about this?

Very, very few (non-disabled) people stay on public assistance more than five years, and the average is only three years before they're back on their feet and working.

The data are well-understood, if you are honest enough to really look, instead of listening to the propaganda mouthpieces of politicians who want you to think you're being robbed by your lazy neighbors so you'll look the other way while they funnel money meant for helping members of society recover (from tragedies and setbacks) into the Military Industrial Complex, etc.

That's what bothers me about the whole Heritage Foundation mindset: they talk about fiscal conservatism, but they don't mean it, because the next sentence is always, "...and a strong national defense", which means literally spending more on our military than the next 7-8 countries combined. Seriously. They want to cut food and winter heat programs and medical programs for our citizens so we can engage in, what, an eighth military "intervention" to invade or bomb another country.

We spend about $610 billion a year on our military. Second place is China at 216 billion (or a shade over one third of our total), while third place goes to Russia at 84.5 billion.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...ons-combi/

I say patriotism is not just being supportive of the USA's ability to hurt people, but to help them, especially the least among us. It's really a shame our primary religion isn't one whose originator thought that helping the least among us was important.

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

- Matthew 25: 31-40

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-05-2017, 02:05 AM
From the outside, there's a strain of US politics that seems to have a very simplistic message:
  • We are the best.
  • We maintain our position as the best by military force.
  • Everyone hates us because of that, and because they're not the best.
  • If we ever look weak, it's all over. We won't be the best any more.
  • So we must keep our military strong at all costs.
  • On the other hand, poor people just weigh us down.
  • They must be punished.

It's weirdly effective. The notion that a good government is one that works on behalf of its citizens to raise their standard of living and achieves foreign policy aims primarily through diplomacy and trade seems not to even register. USA must play international cop, that's the only position you guys - especially your conservative crowd - seem to be psychologically OK with. And like a some cops, there's evidence that your country is not the paragon of virtue that a lot of people seem to wish-believe it is.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post