Trump shared classified info to Russians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2017, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2017 11:42 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Trump shared classified info to Russians
You are indeed forced to pay for roads, even if you don't drive a car.
You are indeed forced to pay for schools, even if you don't have children.
You are indeed forced to pay for the military, even if you are a pacifist.
You are indeed forced to pay for courts and cops, even if you are a felon.
That's what taxes are-- forcing you to contribute to the civilization from which you benefit in a million ways.
You are forced to pay for all the things that make civilization possible.

One of the things that the entire rest of the First World has realized is that it's both more expensive AND less moral to force people to choose among for-profit healthcare middle-men, when what they really need is just healthcare.

The fact that you think it is "force" to contribute to the well-being of every citizen in this country (including yourself) in the same way as every other First World country has already done, and to get rid of a system that allows thousands to die and millions to go bankrupt every year in a way that simply does not happen anywhere else in the industrialized world, is amazing to me. To put it nicely. I'm frankly tempted to stoop to what the others have said to you, at this point.

Your children are forced to eat whatever is in their school that day. Period. Giving them healthier food is not a choice, true, but they never had a choice before, not really... not in the cafeteria! Now it comes down to forcing the schools to provide our children with highly nutritious food that is good for them, not just the cheapest piles of French fries they could stack on a plate to meet the minimum calorie requirements.

As for that "educate your children and let them choose", that not only requires that the school provide (at higher expense) a larger variety of foods in its very limited cafeteria line space, but it assumes that seven year olds are capable of making rational choices about healthy stuff versus the "salt/fat/sugar" dopamine receptor-triggers that are the reason snack foods are so addictive. [Edit to Add: And why we have a childhood obesity and adult diabetes epidemic in this country.]

There is no way kids will "make good decisions" if we just teach them that one kind of food is good and another is bad for them, in the long run. They don't understand the concept of "the long run", yet. That's why grown-ups have to force them to eat their vegetables instead of always eating their dessert before dinner. And to do their homework before video games. It's not tyranny, it's basic parenting and responsibility.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-05-2017, 12:05 AM
(15-05-2017 04:58 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Can't someone from the FBI or CIA or whatever arrest this fucker? Obstruction of justice and treason. Pence, too. He's guilty of some treasonous shit with Russia. Jesus, Paul Ryan is next up. Goddamn we're in a pickle. Lock him up.

As much as I agree with your advice, the President is allowed to divulge classified information at his own discretion.

Shame that Americans put such a dunderhead in charge.
18-05-2017, 04:22 AM
Only at TTA can a thread go from Trump's collusion to Mobama's school-luncheon... from spilling the beans to eating one's greens.

From leaks to beans.

Only at TTA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
18-05-2017, 04:46 AM
Quote:From leaks to beans.

*slow clap that slowly gets faster with a slight head nod thrown in*
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
18-05-2017, 05:01 AM
Best of luck to special prosecutor Mueller Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
18-05-2017, 05:28 AM
(18-05-2017 04:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Only at TTA can a thread go from Trump's collusion to Mobama's school-luncheon... from spilling the beans to eating ones greens.

From leaks to beans.

Only at TTA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have to disagree...deflection to Obama/Clinton is SOP online for puppet supporters. The farther the conversation can be driven from the traitor issue, the better.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
18-05-2017, 05:40 AM
(17-05-2017 10:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-05-2017 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  Christ doesn't force me to take care of others. He invites me to do this. I CHOOSE to accept the invitation. I can reject the invitation any time I want. Obamacare and charity are two opposites. Obamacare is by force(tyranny), charity is something that comes from my heart.

Let me get this straight, you refuse to do the right thing because you feel you're being forced to do the right thing. Yes?

But but but ... freedom. Where most advanced societies affirm widespread access to good education as a right, these people literally claim stupid is a right and the good education an infringement.

A right to die on the streets of treatable ailments that no longer kill people even in backward countries ... because freedom. Some shit is so fucked up, you can't make it up.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 8 users Like tomilay's post
18-05-2017, 06:16 AM
(18-05-2017 05:40 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(17-05-2017 10:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let me get this straight, you refuse to do the right thing because you feel you're being forced to do the right thing. Yes?

But but but ... freedom. Where most advanced societies affirm widespread access to good education as a right, these people literally claim stupid is a right and the good education an infringement.

A right to die on the streets of treatable ailments that no longer kill people even in backward countries ... because freedom. Some shit is so fucked up, you can't make it up.

Somewhere, a Bald Eagle is paying a Red-Tailed hawk to call

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-05-2017, 08:34 AM
(15-05-2017 09:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Stevil Wrote:Of course. Anything unfavourable to Trump is fake news. Jut look at FoxNews and Breibart, they aren't reporting this stuff, so it can't be true
I don't care if it is favorable or not.
Liberal media has a mission to destroy Trump. this is why they lost my trust completely.
When we have FACTS I will say:" Oh, this was not fake news."

And when you learn that these facts are actually facts, will you stop your worshipping Trump?

No. You'll make excuses and continue your roboticism. Obey your master, Alla. Parrot his views.

Whatever you do, do not think for yourself.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-05-2017, 10:30 AM
I am still grinding my teeth over Alla's comments (and, to be fair, those of most conservatives who have been listening to the endless barrage of propaganda from conservative mouthpieces over the past couple of decades) regarding healthcare and tax as theft by force.

I had aggressive testicular cancer with several complications, and as a result of the disease and treatments, I must live forever with permanent damage to my kidneys, my liver, and my immune system (not to mention my low testosterone and missing testicle), as well as some nerve damage from the surgery itself. I am completely unsuitable, through no fault of my own, for medical insurance. In the United States, today, in 2017, I am in genuine danger of dying because I could never get a job that would pay for the treatments or medicines I need to stay alive, and without insurance companies being forced to carry me, I would not have coverage-- meaning I would not have medical care.

In no other First World nation would this be an issue. Not one. But in the USA, people are actually fighting to take away the thing that keeps me alive.

So, Alla, I'd like you to "look me in the face" (so to speak) and tell me why you want to kill me.

I'm not joking. I'm not being hyperbolic. You would kill me if you managed to get passed the thing you want passed.

So tell me. Why do you want me dead? Why would you not want to make sure I live in a country where I need not LITERALLY LIVE IN FEAR OF DEATH IF OTHER PEOPLE GET THEIR WAY, like every other First World nation but the United States?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post