Trump skipping debate.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Trump skipping debate.
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/fi...le-n505096

So Trump is skipping a debate scheduled for tomorrow - Thursday. Apparently he's scared of the moderator Megyn Kelley. Instead he will be doing his own event which will be raising money for Wounded Warriors - a charity that helps military veterans and their families. From what I've heard the event will most likely take place opposite the debate forcing networks to decide which one to cover. So what do you think? Will this help Trump or hurt him? Do you plan to watch the debate or Trump's charity event? Btw sorry to the mods if I'm starting too many Trump threads.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 07:35 PM
RE: Trump skipping debate.
I'll watch the debate, but only so I can point and laugh. I'm curious if that will help or hurt him, I don't know. He obviously thinks it will, but I don't see how. It's not like he needs any help he's already dominating the primary polls.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
27-01-2016, 07:44 PM
Beware of a dyed-blond asking questions.

This fucker is going to stand up to Putin?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
27-01-2016, 08:07 PM
(27-01-2016 07:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Beware of a dyed-blond asking questions.

This fucker is going to stand up to Putin?

He'd shit himself. Putin wrestles bears and bombs the crap out of Syrian rebels. America stands by and watches and does nothing.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-01-2016, 08:21 PM
It's a major mistake on his part. He'll lose the ratings battle, lose the attendance battle, and look childish as he does so.

Win/win/win!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-01-2016, 08:44 PM
(27-01-2016 08:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a major mistake on his part. He'll lose the ratings battle, lose the attendance battle, and look childish as he does so.

Win/win/win!

Hmmmmm cover crazy man Trump or cover a bunch of boring Politicians talk about politics??

You really think he's gonna lose the 'ratings battle'?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-01-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm hoping that this is exposing some chink in his armor that is pierced and eventually lets all the blood out of his campaign. Skipping a scheduled debate? That's like taking the ball home because you are mad at your playmates- an 8-year-old tactic. FFS, this guy cannot be our president.
[+] 4 users Like Fireball's post
27-01-2016, 09:05 PM
(27-01-2016 08:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 08:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It's a major mistake on his part. He'll lose the ratings battle, lose the attendance battle, and look childish as he does so.

Win/win/win!

Hmmmmm cover crazy man Trump or cover a bunch of boring Politicians talk about politics??

Ratings maybe not but this is the first time someone has stood up to him this election cycle. His who sctich is he is a bully who always gets his way. Now Fox news basically told him "off is the general direction in which you can fuck" and he had 2 options back down and look like a defeated pussy or not show up and look like a 125lb Blonde is too much of a man for him. Lose lose for Trump and shows the main failing in his approach to politics. Eventually someone will call your bluff.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-01-2016, 09:30 PM
(27-01-2016 08:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Win/win/win!

Yes. Look at the numbers -- he's high thirties amongst Republicans. Now tally up the followers of the other candidates, and then once you're done with that, factor in the undecided Republicans.

TV will cover his event, no doubt -- but he's alienating Fox News, and for a Republican, that's not a good thing to do.
27-01-2016, 09:32 PM
He did it smart though. Benefit for veterans? brilliant. He can get his way with him being center of attention, he gets sympathy because he's helping veterans and it gives him an excuse to not answer anything or as a defense for future questions he doesn't like by pulling the "it's not about politics, it's about the veterans" card or the "I raised XX amount for the veterans, and all the other candidates in that time did was blabber about politics".

I think he will come out ontop by doing this, he's better off doing this than if he went to the debate and just became a punching bag for the other candidates and moderators.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post