Trump skipping debate.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2016, 09:49 PM
RE: Trump skipping debate.
It's not going to gain him any voters, but those who already support him will not only become more fanatical and unwavering in their support, but they'll be given the chance to emotionally detach themselves from the Republican party before it has a chance to not nominate him. Doing so afterwards would be too late.

He's out of his fucking mind, but he's not stupid. This move will help him more than it will hurt him.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2016, 10:53 PM
(27-01-2016 09:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He did it smart though. Benefit for veterans? brilliant. He can get his way with him being center of attention, he gets sympathy because he's helping veterans and it gives him an excuse to not answer anything or as a defense for future questions he doesn't like by pulling the "it's not about politics, it's about the veterans" card or the "I raised XX amount for the veterans, and all the other candidates in that time did was blabber about politics".

I think he will come out ontop by doing this, he's better off doing this than if he went to the debate and just became a punching bag for the other candidates and moderators.

I disagree. Iowa voters don't like candidates who won't present themselves for questioning; this is a historical feature of their caucuses.

As for bleating about veteran's charity, any of his opponents could puncture that in a heartbeat: "He's running for Fundraiser-in-Chief. I'm running for Commander-in-Chief. He dodges questions. I answer them."

He's making a big mistake, and he's too egotistical to listen to his staff, who are probably pulling their hair out and ordering toupees.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
27-01-2016, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2016 11:26 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Don't have enough fridge with the feminist, SJW, PC left?
Too much dry ice with the right?
Trump
Snowflake for president.

'face palm'
28-01-2016, 05:56 AM
(27-01-2016 09:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He did it smart though. Benefit for veterans? brilliant. He can get his way with him being center of attention, he gets sympathy because he's helping veterans and it gives him an excuse to not answer anything or as a defense for future questions he doesn't like by pulling the "it's not about politics, it's about the veterans" card or the "I raised XX amount for the veterans, and all the other candidates in that time did was blabber about politics".

I think he will come out ontop by doing this, he's better off doing this than if he went to the debate and just became a punching bag for the other candidates and moderators.

Yup... You can't lose, if you don't bet.... Doubly so with long shots.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-01-2016, 07:10 AM

From anything I saw of it in media reports til seeing this OP, I had no clue that he was doing some veterans cause instead... They're doing their effort to not talk about that so it might not be a factor. Many people probably won't know what he is doing opposed to going to the debate.

Though I saw Bill O'Reilly tried to pull a "christian faith" card on Trump and say he should be forgiving. But Bill in the past said Christianity isn't a religion or faith. It's a philosophy... that just doesn't make sense then if it's just a philosophy.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-01-2016, 07:49 AM
(28-01-2016 07:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Many people probably won't know what he is doing opposed to going to the debate.

People who follow him and groups that support him on social media are all over this. To them he basically just achieved sainthood.

'Murican Canadian
28-01-2016, 07:51 AM
(28-01-2016 07:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(28-01-2016 07:10 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Many people probably won't know what he is doing opposed to going to the debate.

People who follow him and groups that support him on social media are all over this. To them he basically just achieved sainthood.

Whereas to the rest of us, he has proven his feet of clay.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-01-2016, 12:36 PM
(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/fi...le-n505096

So Trump is skipping a debate scheduled for tomorrow - Thursday. Apparently he's scared of the moderator Megyn Kelley. Instead he will be doing his own event which will be raising money for Wounded Warriors - a charity that helps military veterans and their families. From what I've heard the event will most likely take place opposite the debate forcing networks to decide which one to cover. So what do you think? Will this help Trump or hurt him? Do you plan to watch the debate or Trump's charity event? Btw sorry to the mods if I'm starting too many Trump threads.
It will not hurt him among his loyal supporters. I am planning to watch the debates because it will be someone there to whom I will give my vote.
Trump never impressed me on the debates anyway. He does much better on rallies, interviews and on press conferences.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-01-2016, 12:42 PM
(28-01-2016 07:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  

Who are these people? his loyal supporters.
Trump already achieved one thing for sure - he divided conservatives.
I am not on Sarah Palin's side anymore. I would never predict that something like this would happen.
This is what religions and politics are doing to families and friends - brings division and wars.
I still like Sarah Palin but I am very confused now. why, Sarah, why?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-01-2016, 12:59 PM
(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  So what do you think? Will this help Trump or hurt him? Do you plan to watch the debate or Trump's charity event? Btw sorry to the mods if I'm starting too many Trump threads.

I think it will help him among his most loyal followers and make the people who already hate him complain even more. As for his lukewarm followers, I think it could be mixed.

My best guess is that a week from now, you won't notice any appreciable change in his national poll ratings. The bigger question is if this boosts Cruz going into the Iowa Caucus.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post