Trump skipping debate.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2016, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 10:36 AM by ClydeLee.)
RE: Trump skipping debate.
(29-01-2016 10:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The amount of misinformation being spread here is just embarrassing.

(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  So Trump is skipping a debate scheduled for tomorrow - Thursday. Apparently he's scared of the moderator Megyn Kelley.
Trump said he would attend the debate if Fox News pledged to donate a few million dollars to the veteran charity cause. They refused.

(27-01-2016 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm hoping that this is exposing some chink in his armor that is pierced and eventually lets all the blood out of his campaign. Skipping a scheduled debate? That's like taking the ball home because you are mad at your playmates- an 8-year-old tactic. FFS, this guy cannot be our president.
Ronald Reagan skipped the Iowa debate as well and went on to become POTUS.

(27-01-2016 07:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  This fucker is going to stand up to Putin?
Trump is the only presidential candidate who has a shot at improving the US' relationship with Russia. Virtually all of the others plan on worsening them. Do you have that much of a hard-on for a second Cold War that you'd rather the POTUS "stood up to" and antagonized Putin rather than getting along with him?

And he lost Iowa to George Bush. Though he had the national lead easily.

Winning 2/3 of the first states is far more critical than ever in this era. It almost never happens that a primary winner didn't win 2 out of the first 3 or at least 2/4 for the races. There was a rare case with Mitt Romney in 2012 because they REPORTED he won Iowa, insuring all the press and coverage, even though it's kinda a split close case and Santorum really won the most delegates. But it wasn't announced that until a bit later after the press had moved on from Iowa.

That concept of an article on Putin and Trump MAYBE getting along because they both have similar attitudes is supposed to make sense? Under what kind of justification is that? It's just as likely to be worse with his attitude. Other candidates have said worse things like Carly who said she would utterly ignore him. But you idea of Trump not being a person who would "stand up" to Putin contrasts with the entire point of saying they're similar, they are similar in that they show off this I'll stand up to the opposition attitude equally. Besides a fear over a cold war because of tensions on these regards, they're more factors outside of just the status quo you mean? Of standing off against Putin's desire to bolster Russia. That's the fear mongering notion that Trump has cornered and supported well. He is fantastic at working up the doom on your doorstep world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2016, 10:30 AM
I'll listen to whichever one the Scathing Atheists podcast crew decides to cover. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Scathing Atheists! I love it. I spent so much of the last 20 years with my nose to the grindstone that I seem to have missed a lot of good invective. Guess I'll have to start down that rabbit hole, next.
30-01-2016, 12:59 AM
(29-01-2016 10:04 AM)Vosur Wrote:  The amount of misinformation being spread here is just embarrassing.

(27-01-2016 06:45 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  So Trump is skipping a debate scheduled for tomorrow - Thursday. Apparently he's scared of the moderator Megyn Kelley.
Trump said he would attend the debate if Fox News pledged to donate a few million dollars to the veteran charity cause. They refused.

(27-01-2016 08:55 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm hoping that this is exposing some chink in his armor that is pierced and eventually lets all the blood out of his campaign. Skipping a scheduled debate? That's like taking the ball home because you are mad at your playmates- an 8-year-old tactic. FFS, this guy cannot be our president.
Ronald Reagan skipped the Iowa debate as well and went on to become POTUS.

(27-01-2016 07:44 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  This fucker is going to stand up to Putin?
Trump is the only presidential candidate who has a shot at improving the US' relationship with Russia. Virtually all of the others plan on worsening them. Do you have that much of a hard-on for a second Cold War that you'd rather the POTUS "stood up to" and antagonized Putin rather than getting along with him?

Sure, ask Fox to donate several million dollars so Trump would go on their debate?
Of course Fox are gonna refuse, they're a business not a charity.

Trump would have gone if Megan wasn't the host. He's got that whole thing with her of course she's the reason why he didn't attend.

Do you really think Trump asked Fox for that donation because he thought they would do it?

Him skipping the debate is not the reason why he can't be the US president...

Russia is overrated. Seriously. They need the west more than the west them.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
30-01-2016, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2016 01:17 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(29-01-2016 10:42 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Scathing Atheists! I love it. I spent so much of the last 20 years with my nose to the grindstone that I seem to have missed a lot of good invective. Guess I'll have to start down that rabbit hole, next.

They (Noah, Heath, Lucinda, and Eli) have 3 different podcasts. The Scathing Atheist, which is their original catch-all podcast. Then there is The Skepticrat, which is their news and politics podcast in which they've covered both the Republican and Democratic debates. Then their most recent addition has been God Awful Movies, where they watch, review, and skewer Christian cinema; like the completely filmography of Kirk Cameron, and the 'Thief in the Night' movies from the 70's.

http://scathingatheist.com/
http://skepticrat.libsyn.com/
http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/

Also, if you can stomach puppy rape jokes, try Tom and Cecil on the Cognitive Dissonance atheist podcast. Tongue

http://dissonancepod.com/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-01-2016, 11:01 AM
(30-01-2016 01:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-01-2016 10:42 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Scathing Atheists! I love it. I spent so much of the last 20 years with my nose to the grindstone that I seem to have missed a lot of good invective. Guess I'll have to start down that rabbit hole, next.

They (Noah, Heath, Lucinda, and Eli) have 3 different podcasts. The Scathing Atheist, which is their original catch-all podcast. Then there is The Skepticrat, which is their news and politics podcast in which they've covered both the Republican and Democratic debates. Then their most recent addition has been God Awful Movies, where they watch, review, and skewer Christian cinema; like the completely filmography of Kirk Cameron, and the 'Thief in the Night' movies from the 70's.

http://scathingatheist.com/
http://skepticrat.libsyn.com/
http://godawfulmovies.libsyn.com/

Also, if you can stomach puppy rape jokes, try Tom and Cecil on the Cognitive Dissonance atheist podcast. Tongue

http://dissonancepod.com/

Thanks for the info! I'll skip the puppy rape stuff, though.
30-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I was hoping this would make his supporters see that he is a horrible candidate for president... avoiding a situation where someone will dissent, and make him actually have to be specific on how he plans to "make America great again".
I really shouldn't be surprised anymore, regarding his moronic fans, but I was a little thrown off that none of them stopped and thought about why he wouldn't attend. They just took it at face-value, as they do with everything, that he was just standing up to the news media.
This fuckin' guy has started a mythical war on political-correctness, in which people are really just lying about the fact that they want to say prejudiced, racist shit and not be called out on it.
Ignorant cowards, the lot of them.
30-01-2016, 03:23 PM
(30-01-2016 03:01 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  I was hoping this would make his supporters see that he is a horrible candidate for president... avoiding a situation where someone will dissent, and make him actually have to be specific on how he plans to "make America great again".
I really shouldn't be surprised anymore, regarding his moronic fans, but I was a little thrown off that none of them stopped and thought about why he wouldn't attend. They just took it at face-value, as they do with everything, that he was just standing up to the news media.
This fuckin' guy has started a mythical war on political-correctness, in which people are really just lying about the fact that they want to say prejudiced, racist shit and not be called out on it.
Ignorant cowards, the lot of them.

Solely the political correctness issue is why a guy I work with pretty much is all for Trump, though he isn't a guy I think would even actually vote had our states vote mattered anyway. Basically that and he thinks at least with Trump it would be entertaining.

But one thing about this co-worker I don't get how this guy didn't think George W. was entertainingly funny yet thinks Trump would be. That's beyond me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-01-2016, 03:54 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My dad and brother like Trump for that same reason. I had a drunken debate with my brother on the issue a few weeks ago, and I got him to admit that Trump doesn't even have any real policies, and I even pressed him to the point that he said, "oh, I'm not even voting for Trump, I just like that he's not politically correct". I wish that were true but I know my brother. He is voting for Trump, he was just embarrassed to admit it lol
30-01-2016, 04:17 PM
(30-01-2016 03:54 PM)EppurSiMuove Wrote:  I know exactly what you mean. My dad and brother like Trump for that same reason. I had a drunken debate with my brother on the issue a few weeks ago, and I got him to admit that Trump doesn't even have any real policies, and I even pressed him to the point that he said, "oh, I'm not even voting for Trump, I just like that he's not politically correct". I wish that were true but I know my brother. He is voting for Trump, he was just embarrassed to admit it lol
The one who should be embarrassed isn't your brother, it's you. If you had bothered to spend as little as five minutes on Google, you would have found out how blatantly false your claim about his alleged lack of real policies is.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]