Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter
(31-03-2016 09:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 09:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... You seem pretty clearly inclined to dismiss it, if not why even bring up the idea that "maybe she bruises easily"?
Because it's a possibility worth considering that hadn't been mentioned in this thread up to this point.

Maybe she was bruised *after the fact*, by a commie leftist bastard who desperately wants to incriminate some minor Trump flunky. Or maybe it was *before*. Maybe her entire mission was to get close enough to Trump so that someone would touch her, be it ever so lightly, and then run crying to the press? and resign from her job with her similarly left-leaning pseudo-conservative friends at the newspaper where she worked. Without a proper investigation we may never know!!!

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Why are we ignoring the fact that a WaPo reporter standing right there was an eyewitness and backs up the reporter's account?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-03-2016, 09:58 AM
(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That's such a disingenuous response. He brought up one and only one thing: people calling her a liar. None of the other stuff was mentioned by him, so why would my response be based on that stuff? I haven't read the whole thread.

If you haven't read the whole thread then how can you question our responses?
I quoted every post that was blatantly misogynistic, name calling or threatening. From multiple posters. In my book, that counts as character assassination.

If you haven't bothered to read the whole thread then don't bother to criticize our responses.

(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't get that response. It sounds like you disagree with me, but you only confirmed what I said by quoting yourself as saying that it should be investigated and prosecuted.
At the end of both of my posts I said that the same applied to the woman if the allegations were determined to be false.

I can't make it any plainer than that. Once again, if you're not going to read it, don't criticize it.

(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What kind of childish nonsense is that? Both sides have been reasonable and unreasonable on several occasions in this thread.
I'm sorry, do you think advocating that someone be sexually assaulted ("Donkey punched") and calling someone a "lying cunt" are reasonable? And where was anyone else unreasonable?

Are you serious or just trying to provoke, like in your earlier threads?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
31-03-2016, 10:34 AM
(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  That's such a disingenuous response. He brought up one and only one thing: people calling her a liar. None of the other stuff was mentioned by him, so why would my response be based on that stuff? I haven't read the whole thread.

If I deny an event that is said to be happening in the public arena, the first thing I'm going to do is -- yep, you guessed it -- check the public arena to make sure I'm not talking out my backside.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-03-2016, 10:44 AM
(31-03-2016 10:34 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  If I deny an event that is said to be happening in the public arena, the first thing I'm going to do is -- yep, you guessed it -- check the public arena to make sure I'm not talking out my backside.

THIS!!! Quoted for TRUTH!!! Thumbsup

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-04-2016, 09:31 AM
(31-03-2016 09:58 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I quoted every post that was blatantly misogynistic, name calling or threatening. From multiple posters. In my book, that counts as character assassination.

If you haven't bothered to read the whole thread then don't bother to criticize our responses.
One does not need to read an entire thread to comment on one person's post within it. I responded to morondog's post based on what it did say, not based on what it didn't say.

(31-03-2016 09:58 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't get that response. It sounds like you disagree with me, but you only confirmed what I said by quoting yourself as saying that it should be investigated and prosecuted.
At the end of both of my posts I said that the same applied to the woman if the allegations were determined to be false.

I can't make it any plainer than that. Once again, if you're not going to read it, don't criticize it.
Tone down the pretentious arrogance for just a moment, will you? I read your post and it still makes no sense. I said that nobody in this thread denied that she has a right to take this case to court. Your post did not falsify any part of that statement. If you were simply meaning to blurt out something unrelated, why did you add the "Hmm. Let's check..." part as if you were about to prove me wrong?

(31-03-2016 09:58 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(31-03-2016 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What kind of childish nonsense is that? Both sides have been reasonable and unreasonable on several occasions in this thread.
I'm sorry, do you think advocating that someone be sexually assaulted ("Donkey punched") and calling someone a "lying cunt" are reasonable? And where was anyone else unreasonable?

Are you serious or just trying to provoke, like in your earlier threads?
I am being serious and I don't have a lot of patience for people who put words in my mouth. I never said, implied, suggested or otherwise indicated that I think those posts were reasonable. I'm not particularly interested in spending time and effort on trying to convince someone that they themselves have been unreasonable. I'm very sick right now and I'd rather get some rest than use my energy on such a pointless endeavor. Believe whatever you want.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-04-2016, 09:33 AM
(30-03-2016 02:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This woman should be put in jail for these false accusations. It is clear that she was not assaulted. She obviously had someone pinch her arm after the video.

The evidence contradicts your silly statement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 10:08 AM
(01-04-2016 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  One does not need to read an entire thread to comment on one person's post within it. I responded to morondog's post based on what it did say, not based on what it didn't say.

You stated that morondog was overreacting because someone called the accuser a liar on an internet forum and he referred to that as character assassination. My post showed the various posters who had said many more things that (IMO) amounted to character assassination. If you are disputing his characterization of those posts, then they are valid to bring up.

Do you not agree that the posts amount to character assassination?

(01-04-2016 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Tone down the pretentious arrogance for just a moment, will you? I read your post and it still makes no sense. I said that nobody in this thread denied that she has a right to take this case to court. Your post did not falsify any part of that statement. If you were simply meaning to blurt out something unrelated, why did you add the "Hmm. Let's check..." part as if you were about to prove me wrong?
You stated that the accuser should face fines and imprisonment if the accusations were proven false. It seemed to me that you implied that no one here had said or supported that, so I quoted where I had. If you were not implying that then I apologize.

(01-04-2016 09:31 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I am being serious and I don't have a lot of patience for people who put words in my mouth. I never said, implied, suggested or otherwise indicated that I think those posts were reasonable.
No, but you did say you hadn't read them. I can only see one place where I may have misconstrued what you said and I addressed it above.

And I have little patience for people who make generalizations without reading the thread and then complain when they get called out.

[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter
(01-04-2016 09:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 02:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  This woman should be put in jail for these false accusations. It is clear that she was not assaulted. She obviously had someone pinch her arm after the video.

The evidence contradicts your silly statement.

So you don't think this is blown out of proportion?
01-04-2016, 12:38 PM
(01-04-2016 10:08 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You stated that morondog was overreacting because someone called the accuser a liar on an internet forum and he referred to that as character assassination. My post showed the various posters who had said many more things that (IMO) amounted to character assassination. If you are disputing his characterization of those posts, then they are valid to bring up.

Do you not agree that the posts amount to character assassination?
Well, I'm don't dispute your characterization of these posts. They were definitely way out of line. What I called ridiculous is the notion that calling someone a liar online is the same as character assassination. It's a mundane thing.

(01-04-2016 10:08 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You stated that the accuser should face fines and imprisonment if the accusations were proven false. It seemed to me that you implied that no one here had said or supported that, so I quoted where I had. If you were not implying that then I apologize.
I was not implying that. In fact, I previously asked morondog if he agreed with me on that point and he said he does if and only if it constitutes an offense punishable by law.

(01-04-2016 10:08 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  No, but you did say you hadn't read them. I can only see one place where I may have misconstrued what you said and I addressed it above.

And I have little patience for people who make generalizations without reading the thread and then complain when they get called out.
Fair enough. Point taken. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post