Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter
UPDATE:
It looks like the officials are going to drop the charges today. An apology or compromise between both parties may have been worked out. There will be an official statement later today.

Quote:Charges Against Trump Staffer Corey Lewandowski to Be Dropped: Report
Florida prosecutors will announce Thursday whether they plan to prosecute Donald Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, on a battery charge in connection with former Breitbart News Network reporter Michelle Fields, Fields said Wednesday.

Politico, citing multiple sources whom it didn't identify, reported Wednesday that Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg will announce Thursday that he won't pursue the charge.

Fields said that the prosecutor's office called her two weeks ago and that she agreed to a deal in which Lewandowski would issue her an apology. She said she hadn't heard back about the arrangement, and a source familiar with the situation told NBC News that it wasn't clear whether Lewandowski had accepted the proposal.

link

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
14-04-2016, 07:16 AM
As I said from the beginning, this wouldn't go anywhere. A prosecutor will look at what a jury will do when given all of the information. I've arrested people that I thought would be an easy case for the prosecution only to see them never file a charge to begin with. There are too many variables here that would sway a jury not to convict. All the defense attorney had to do was tell the prosecutor that his defense will be that as Mr. Trump's campaign manager he handles all aspects up to and including heading the private security team for Mr. Trump. (Corey Lewandowski is a former New Hampshire State police officer as well). In a state where Trump won the primary by a large margin, there is no way to get a conviction.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
14-04-2016, 08:51 PM
I am not too surprised that this story ended with a simple apologie and dropped charges. Lewandowski made a mistake in my opinon, but nothing worth really going on trial. It would have been better if he simply apologies first instead of denying it outright, but pride, stress and poor memory sometimes get the best of us. Another day in politic and another storm in a glass of water.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
14-04-2016, 11:43 PM
(14-04-2016 08:51 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I am not too surprised that this story ended with a simple apologie and dropped charges. Lewandowski made a mistake in my opinon, but nothing worth really going on trial. It would have been better if he simply apologies first instead of denying it outright, but pride, stress and poor memory sometimes get the best of us. Another day in politic and another storm in a glass of water.

I dunno. She's resigned and so have two or three other people. These are material damages from this storm in a teacup. He could have very easily prevented the whole shitstorm as you say, by apologising. Instead, like Trump, he had such a big problem with anyone suggesting that he's even inadvertently done something wrong that he denied the whole thing. Asshole.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2016, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2016 11:31 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
Official statement from the State Attorney can be found here: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/72...=twsrc^tfw

It says what I've said from the beginning. Members of Trumps staff (inner circle) are allowed to keep unwanted people from the so called "protective bubble" of a political candidate. Michelle Fields violated this space even after being moved away by secret service. There's a new video released yesterday that shows the secret service directing her to stand in a certain area away from Trump's path but she left that area and walked up to Trump and makes contact with him.

The statement from the state attorney says that the video shows Trump pull away from Michelle Fields, thus causing a reaction by Corey Lewandowski to step in and remove her. Lewandowski is a former cop, a security expert, Trumps campaign manager and de facto campaign security manager. Let's also not forget that this happened on Trump's personal property, giving even more legal authority for his paid staff to use force. No different than a bouncer at a club owned by Trump that removes someone bothering Trump.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]