Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter
(15-03-2016 11:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 10:56 AM)KUSA Wrote:  That cunt is whining about this?
[Image: 4453b4ae993de1da6711271bcf4ce1df.jpg]

She is complaining about assault and battery. Drinking Beverage

While I don't agree that she is a "cunt", I do believe she may just be someone who bruises very easily. Have you seen the video? To me, it looks like the guy simply moved her out of the way after she approached trump. In the video she had no visible negative reaction to what happened and moved along as if nothing serious (including pain or emotional effects) happened.

Respect is for those who deserve it,
Not for those who demand it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Crazysaxer's post
29-03-2016, 06:47 PM
(29-03-2016 06:45 PM)Crazysaxer Wrote:  In the video she had no visible negative reaction to what happened and moved along as if nothing serious (including pain or emotional effects) happened.

That would be my reaction too - you can't reciprocate or you will be mince meat, you can't run away, best to suck it up and keep moving.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-03-2016, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2016 07:49 PM by epronovost.)
(29-03-2016 06:45 PM)Crazysaxer Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 11:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  She is complaining about assault and battery. Drinking Beverage

While I don't agree that she is a "cunt", I do believe she may just be someone who bruises very easily. Have you seen the video? To me, it looks like the guy simply moved her out of the way after she approached trump. In the video she had no visible negative reaction to what happened and moved along as if nothing serious (including pain or emotional effects) happened.

Stealing $40 from your wallet isn't such a big inconvenience. It doesn't hurt your finance that much, but it's very unpleasent. Neither is stealing a chocolate bar from a convenience store, but those two things are crimes nonetheless. This women has suffered small bruising. It probably didn't hurt that much. It was certainly very unpleasent and probably scary at the moment, but she won't be loosing sleep over it. It won't force her to quit her job. She's an adult women, not a porcelaine doll. She can take some pain without errupting in tears; no surprise that she doesn't seem to show «clear» signs of pain on a security footage. Her complain is very legitimate.

But, at that's what really matter here, she is completly justified to complain about this incident for it is indeed unacceptable for a journalist doing her job to be handled in such a fashion. It's not like she was agressive, resisting that much or even posing a threat to anybody. There were no justified reason to forcefully remove her from the area simply blocking her path would have done the trick. From what can be gathered from this case so far, Trump's people made a mistake and need to pay for it. You don't treat people like that. It's completly unaccepetable to use force in such a situation. To those complaining about the fact the she wasn't really hurt thus didn't need to complain, people don't need to be badly hurt to be have the right to press charge. I would not like to work in an environment where such sort of behavior was deemed acceptable or even tolerable.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
29-03-2016, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 12:53 AM by Vosur.)
(29-03-2016 05:46 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  She was a reporter who was doing her job by talking to a candidate.
She had visible injuries.

The crime was alleged. It was investigated, corroborated and he has been charged. He should be prosecuted like any other person. No more, no less.
The crime was corroborated? Really? He grabbed her by her upper arm in that video, so why would the bruise be on her lower arm? If this ever goes to trial, I'll bet you $100 that he'll be found not guilty.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about:

[Image: KYQGgpo.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Facepalm

What the fuck guys? She made an accusation and now there's a crowd of people calling her a bitch and a cunt and saying quote "she should be donkey punched". Sure, it could be frivolous but there's enough there to investigate so fucking well investigate. And if there is something there, charge the fuck and nail him. Regardless of how she has allegedly acted in the past, she has a right to not be assaulted and to have such a claim investigated. If she brought 99 allegations of assault and they were found to be frivolous that doesn't mean we don't investigate number 100. And investigation does not consist of youtube videos and opinionated dickheads on forums.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-03-2016, 05:30 AM
(29-03-2016 11:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  The crime was corroborated? Really? He grabbed her by her upper arm in that video, so why would the bruise be on her lower arm? If this ever goes to trial, I'll bet you $100 that he'll be found not guilty.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about... ~snip~

Yes, in the video, it does look like he grabs her on the upper arm. My point was that the video shows him grabbing her. That in itself, proves him a liar.

[Image: blog_lewandowski_tweet_fields_0_zpsysrq70xq.jpg]

As I have noted multiple places in this thread I am advocating that:

The incident be investigated.
If a crime was committed that he be charged.
That he be treated the same as any other person.
I already noted that if the allegations were false, the same should apply to her.

The video shows that she was not in any way being threatening or doing anything other than her job as a reporter. Again, as I have noted earlier, there was absolutely no reason for him to put hands on her.

As far as the location of the bruises? That is a point in his defense, one that I'm assuming the police considered.

ETA: Looking at the picture you posted, he could be grabbing upper or lower arm. Her body angle foreshortens the arm making it difficult to tell.

If he goes to court and the evidence proves him innocent, I'm ok with that. Yay Justice System. But as far as I'm concerned, there is enough evidence to go to court.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-03-2016, 06:19 AM
(15-03-2016 12:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(15-03-2016 11:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  There is no real reason to touch someone when you're talking to them. Many people would consider that "getting handsy". And if you want to talk history, the Kennedy's have a long and sordid history of "getting handsy".
Can't comment about the West story.

This allegation has evidence: physical, eyewitness and photo/video. It involves a candidate for POTUS. It should be investigated and prosecuted, if merited. If the accusations are determined to be false, the same applies.

I should point out, I am not advocating for or against. I am awaiting further information. I posted the story because, if true, the allegations are disturbing.

I posted a link to the video. He barely bumps her. Her "witness" is a guy who was writing an anti-Trump article and immediately asked if he could use the incident in his story. He says "He just threw you down." The video shows he maybe brushed against her as he tries to get by. She doesn't get thrown down.

Yep.

Lol at actually taking this seriously. The footage, both new and old shows he quickly and lightly grabs her arm while making his way past her / towards Trump.

AND turns out she was getting touchy with Trump. Secret service asked her to stop twice. She goes to closely follow Trump after the conference is over, while he's making his way to the exit. Lewandowski then lightly grabs her arm, presumably to signify that the conference is over, and that she's getting too close again:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/...ntervened/

"She crossed inbetween agents and our protectee after being told not to."

She has blown his light touch so far out of proportion (saying Lewandowski tried to forcibly throw her to the ground) that it can't be called hyperbole - but only a lie - and has omitted saying anything about her actions and her warnings, while doing so.

She is a lying cunt.
30-03-2016, 06:52 AM
(30-03-2016 06:19 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  She is a lying cunt.

And you're a great judge of that because you're a misogynistic asshole Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
30-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Two children that apparently don't play well with others............ (and I'm betting her editorial slant tends to the left)

Criminal???

Pfffttttt....

Get over it already.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2016, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2016 07:23 AM by epronovost.)
@Gilgamesh

Where are those agents on the tape? If they are on the scene and were already talking to the women, why didn't they moved her out of the way of Trump instead of a guy three steps back whose job isn't even to provide personnal security like that? His job is to organise events, which includes the security surrounding those events, not bodyguarding his employer. What's so hard to understand, you don't grap people from behind, you don't yank them back even if its not very hard. Even if it doesn't come off as criminal (it most certainly won't in my opinion), it is inappropriate and deserves at least a little apologie in my opinion. In fact, if the guy had presented a little apologie saying that he acted to quickly in the rush of the moment (which is probably the case anyway), this wouldn't even had hit the press and if it did, he would have looked in a much better posture.

@onlinebiker

Possible, but she works for Fox News and Breitbart News both of which are conservative. Her husband/boyfriend is also an edditor for a conservative journal. Seems to me she's probably a conservative too, but that doesn't mean she liked Trump in any way though. But I think we can forget the idea of a nefarious plot by liberals against Trump. Liberals don't need to create manufactroversy to discredit Trump, they just let him talk Tongue

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post