Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2016, 07:18 AM
RE: Trump staff accused of manhandling reporter
Shortly after the initial reports aired, Breitbart issued a statement that many readers interpreted to cast doubt on her story and side with Trump.

She and several colleagues resigned from their positions the next day, protesting this perceived lack of support.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2016, 07:30 AM
(30-03-2016 06:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Two children that apparently don't play well with others............ (and I'm betting her editorial slant tends to the left)

Criminal???

Pfffttttt....

Get over it already.

You're moving through a bar.
You grab a waitress by the arm as you pass by.
She goes to the police and says that you assaulted her.
She shows them the bruises.
You say you never touched her.
She shows them the video of you grabbing her.

What would happen to you or anyone else that was NOT a politician?

How would you feel if it was your wife/sister/mother with the bruises?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
30-03-2016, 08:04 AM
(30-03-2016 07:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 06:53 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Two children that apparently don't play well with others............ (and I'm betting her editorial slant tends to the left)

Criminal???

Pfffttttt....

Get over it already.

Are you old enuff to remember the Clarence Thomas hearing for the Supreme court? Some lady was accusing him of inappropriate actions, such as whipping out his dick in front of her, his secretary, and asking her if she wanted some. My wife at the time said that if that as the worst the woman had ever experienced she should consider herself lucky.
30-03-2016, 08:12 AM
(30-03-2016 08:04 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Are you old enuff to remember the Clarence Thomas hearing for the Supreme court? Some lady was accusing him of inappropriate actions, such as whipping out his dick in front of her, his secretary, and asking her if she wanted some. My wife at the time said that if that as the worst the woman had ever experienced she should consider herself lucky.

... And?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-03-2016, 08:13 AM
(30-03-2016 08:04 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 07:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  You're moving through a bar.

Are you old enuff to remember the Clarence Thomas hearing for the Supreme court? Some lady was accusing him of inappropriate actions, such as whipping out his dick in front of her, his secretary, and asking her if she wanted some. My wife at the time said that if that as the worst the woman had ever experienced she should consider herself lucky.

That is the most asinine reply to someone being sexually assaulted I can think of. Consider for any other scenario:

"The bullet only hit in left lung and he survived? He should consider himself lucky."
How about this instead:
"The bullet hit him in the left lung? The person who tried to kill him should be convicted of attempted murder."

"The guy robbed you and took all your stuff? Well, at least he didn't kill you!"
How about this instead:
"You were robbed? I hope they catch the guy and your insurance covers the losses."

Just because you might perceive of whatever happened as having been "minor" or that an alternative scenario could have been worse, does NOT mean that no wrong was done or that the perpetrator should get off scot-free or only a slap on the wrist.

If someone whipped their dick out to my wife, I would want them to be charged. If they grabbed my wife's arm to pull her somewhere and left behind bruises, I'd want them to be charged. I would not tell my wife "well, at least he didn't do X. So you should consider yourself lucky."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
30-03-2016, 08:19 AM
(30-03-2016 07:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Criminal???

Pfffttttt....

Get over it already.

There is nothing to gain from constructing a point-form hypothetical thought expirment. The actual scenario can be summed up easily:

Secret service warn reporter to knock it off
Reporter doesn't knock it off
Reporter gets lightly touched on arm
Reporter says dude tried to forcibly throw her to ground
Reporter charges dude
Dude denies touching her
Footage arises depicting her being lightly touched on arm

They both lied. And at the end of the day a 'battery' didn't take place lol. Although she will probably need to hide away in 'safe spaces' for the rest of her life to cope with the PTSD she got from this, the damsel =[
30-03-2016, 08:21 AM
^^ Our resident legal expert has taken this case and declared it void. I guess that's it.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-03-2016, 08:32 AM
(30-03-2016 08:19 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And at the end of the day a 'battery' didn't take place lol.

Looks like what he did does fit in with Florida's definition of simple assault, though.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-03-2016, 08:40 AM
(30-03-2016 08:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Our resident legal expert has taken this case and declared it void. I guess that's it.

Shut up with the sarcastic paraphrasing. Shit's not smart.

(30-03-2016 08:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:19 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And at the end of the day a 'battery' didn't take place lol.

Looks like what he did does fit in with Florida's definition of simple assault, though.

That can't be called a definition - It doesn't make anything definitive lol. It basically just outlines that the onus is completely on the judges perception.
30-03-2016, 08:43 AM
(30-03-2016 08:40 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(30-03-2016 08:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Our resident legal expert has taken this case and declared it void. I guess that's it.

Shut up with the sarcastic paraphrasing. Shit's not smart.

Shut up with being a bonehead and I'll consider it.