Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2017 02:44 AM by Ace.)
Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.

the GOP healthcare plan hasn't even been voted on yet this dumb fuck thinks it is the reason her son has low premiums even though her sons savings has ACA/Obamacare/Medicaid written all over it Facepalm Frusty

how is anyone this ignorant about health insurance

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ace's post
18-03-2017, 02:43 AM
RE: Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.
It's placebo - if she thinks it helps, it helps Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-03-2017, 02:45 AM
(18-03-2017 02:39 AM)Ace Wrote:  

the GOP healthcare plan hasn't even been voted on yet this dumb fuck thinks it is the reason her son has low premiums even though her sons savings has ACA/Obamacare/Medicaid written all over it Facepalm Frusty

[Image: arguecat.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-03-2017, 02:46 AM
(18-03-2017 02:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's placebo - if she thinks it helps, it helps Wink

I wonder if she'll ever realize her dream is really a nightmare

The more one asserts their own unquestioned preconceived beliefs, the more demanding I will be for empirical evidence for I will accept nothing else in place of it
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
18-03-2017, 03:29 AM
(18-03-2017 02:46 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 02:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's placebo - if she thinks it helps, it helps Wink

I wonder if she'll ever realize her dream is really a nightmare

When changes will come into effect maybe.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-03-2017, 02:58 PM
The sad part, if you proved to her it was the ACA, then she'd immediately slam it and say it sucks.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
18-03-2017, 05:36 PM
Health insurance was $500 a month!! WHAT!? That's more than my rent! THAT'S MORE THAN MY FUCKING RENT!! $500!! No wonder so many people are uninsured. I'd sure as shit be uninsured at $500 a month. I'd be uninsured as fuck.
I continue to be 100% completely dumbfounded by the dumbfuckery that is the American health system.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-03-2017, 06:11 PM
(18-03-2017 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Health insurance was $500 a month!! WHAT!? That's more than my rent! THAT'S MORE THAN MY FUCKING RENT!! $500!! No wonder so many people are uninsured. I'd sure as shit be uninsured at $500 a month. I'd be uninsured as fuck.
I continue to be 100% completely dumbfounded by the dumbfuckery that is the American health system.

These days I get health insurance through my employer, but 6 years ago I was self employed and paying for my own healthcare insurance. My premium then was about $230 a month. I just pulled a quote for a similar policy for a non tobacco using male my age 6 years ago. The cost today would be $967 a month. A similar policy for someone my age now would be $1208.

The ACA has done a lot of good things for a lot of people. Making insurance affordable for middle age middle income people isn't one of them.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
18-03-2017, 06:46 PM
COBRA insurance for our family of three when my husband got laid off in around 2004 was $1200/month (about $300 more than our mortgage). From 2001-2009, if I remember the figures right, health insurance premiums rose something like 60%. Well before Obamacare, when premiums have still risen, but at a slower rate. Copays and miscellaneous charges, those have risen way faster.

Our health insurance premiums at my husband's last job were around $700/month. He changed jobs a few months ago, and now for some reason we have better insurance (Blue Cross!) for only $90/paycheck, plus his employer puts $2000/year into a health savings account that we can use for copays. It's insane how different the premiums are, given that my husband has essentially the same job at a company that's roughly the same size as the one he left.
18-03-2017, 07:25 PM
(18-03-2017 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I continue to be 100% completely dumbfounded by the dumbfuckery that is America

Fixed that for ya. Wink

Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post