Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 09:10 PM
RE: Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.
(18-03-2017 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Health insurance was $500 a month!! WHAT!? That's more than my rent! THAT'S MORE THAN MY FUCKING RENT!! $500!! No wonder so many people are uninsured. I'd sure as shit be uninsured at $500 a month. I'd be uninsured as fuck.
I continue to be 100% completely dumbfounded by the dumbfuckery that is the American health system.

> When I was laid off from work in 2003 I couldn't get another job on account of my advanced arthritis. A year and a half later my former employer cut me off from my Blue Cross & Blue Shield group coverage by switching HMO's. I had only 30 days to purchase my own HMO coverage. The best deal I could find was from Health New England. The monthly premium was $1,244. This premium was cut by 43% when Obamacare was enacted.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
18-03-2017, 09:33 PM
RE: Trump supporter thinks 'Trumpcare' is currently helping her family.
(18-03-2017 09:10 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 05:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Health insurance was $500 a month!! WHAT!? That's more than my rent! THAT'S MORE THAN MY FUCKING RENT!! $500!! No wonder so many people are uninsured. I'd sure as shit be uninsured at $500 a month. I'd be uninsured as fuck.
I continue to be 100% completely dumbfounded by the dumbfuckery that is the American health system.

> When I was laid off from work in 2003 I couldn't get another job on account of my advanced arthritis. A year and a half later my former employer cut me off from my Blue Cross & Blue Shield group coverage by switching HMO's. I had only 30 days to purchase my own HMO coverage. The best deal I could find was from Health New England. The monthly premium was $1,244. This premium was cut by 43% when Obamacare was enacted.

Yup.... doesn't get any cheaper no matter how poor you are (well obamacare helped some....).

Try going to the hospitals in the poor parts of Bakersfield (or any hospital in Texas those folks are heartless), or other places. Where you can be on the brink of death, and if you don't have money they will throw you back on the street. Or you'll end up waiting days in the waiting room or parked on a cot in a hallway (I almost died once this way, each time a nurse would see me she would freak out, run for the Dr. no dr ever came.... after a few days of this I naturally began to recover a bit and got off the cot and walked out of the hospital, fuck that shit, I went home, stayed in bed a few weeks and was finally better). I mean in Texas its worse. Hospitals there tell you outright they aren't legally required to offer medical care unless you pay them tons of cash before seeing a Dr. I know this because I've been the happy recipient of both experiences (btw it is illegal to deny medical treatment to those in need regardless of ability to pay, hospitals in Texas feel entitled to lie openly to poor people).

I've also had periods with really good jobs and really amazing healthcare. Given a choice I would never pick an HMO, but out of all the jobs I've had only 3 gave me an alternative (they were the 3 highest paying jobs I've had in my life).

(those really bad experiences are when I didn't have jobs that offered enough pay, and didn't offer benefits. So I didn't have health insurance as a result. The time I got really sick and almost died, I lost my job as a result of being sick more than 3 days in a year)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post