Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 10:33 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings
(12-01-2017 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 08:59 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  A major chain like Walmart (or Safeway Grocery where I will be working) have great opportunities for former police as investgators and loss prevention managers. These are mid level management type gigs that pay $50,000-$75,000 a year. Many cops go into security/private investigator type jobs after they retire.

No one "with a life" retires at 39 and sits on the couch.
There's some *major* piece of information missing here.

I've explained it before in other threads. My wife got a big promotion at work and they moved us to Phoenix, AZ. Instead of just quitting the police department I worked at and losing my pension I bought out my retirement plan for .40 cents on the dollar. Got a nice check for $175,000 after taxes. Our original plan was to use the money and purchase a house cash and I would just be a stay at home dad since her new salary is enough to live comfortable. But my wife isn't satisfied with the homes we've looked at in the $175,000 price range. So we'll put it down on a home and get a mortgage, and I get to work again to help pay for it. I'm young enough to start a 401k so I don't see it as a disadvantage that I cashed out my pension early considering we'll pay for over half the house up front which means we'll have a mortgage with a very low monthly payment.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
13-01-2017, 07:15 AM
(12-01-2017 10:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one "with a life" retires at 39 and sits on the couch.
There's some *major* piece of information missing here.

I've explained it before in other threads. My wife got a big promotion at work and they moved us to Phoenix, AZ. Instead of just quitting the police department I worked at and losing my pension I bought out my retirement plan for .40 cents on the dollar. Got a nice check for $175,000 after taxes. Our original plan was to use the money and purchase a house cash and I would just be a stay at home dad since her new salary is enough to live comfortable. But my wife isn't satisfied with the homes we've looked at in the $175,000 price range. So we'll put it down on a home and get a mortgage, and I get to work again to help pay for it. I'm young enough to start a 401k so I don't see it as a disadvantage that I cashed out my pension early considering we'll pay for over half the house up front which means we'll have a mortgage with a very low monthly payment.

"Stay at home dad" means one has children to take care of. I know a couple. They don't "sit on the couch", they actually take care of a child/children, which is hard work, and they don't have the option of going out and doing anything as child-care is very expensive and time-consuming. So we know at least part of this is a lie/ spin.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2017, 07:31 AM
(13-01-2017 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 10:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've explained it before in other threads. My wife got a big promotion at work and they moved us to Phoenix, AZ. Instead of just quitting the police department I worked at and losing my pension I bought out my retirement plan for .40 cents on the dollar. Got a nice check for $175,000 after taxes. Our original plan was to use the money and purchase a house cash and I would just be a stay at home dad since her new salary is enough to live comfortable. But my wife isn't satisfied with the homes we've looked at in the $175,000 price range. So we'll put it down on a home and get a mortgage, and I get to work again to help pay for it. I'm young enough to start a 401k so I don't see it as a disadvantage that I cashed out my pension early considering we'll pay for over half the house up front which means we'll have a mortgage with a very low monthly payment.

"Stay at home dad" means one has children to take care of. I know a couple. They don't "sit on the couch", they actually take care of a child/children, which is hard work, and they don't have the option of going out and doing anything as child-care is very expensive and time-consuming. So we know at least part of this is a lie/ spin.

I know that Lord Dark Helmet posts at times reflexively partisan postings, but you seem to have a real mean streak about you when it comes to him. It is really unseemly to attack someone so personally as you have done in this and other posts. Even if everything LDH says about himself is an exaggeration or outright lie, why do you care so much?
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
13-01-2017, 07:31 AM
(13-01-2017 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 10:21 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I've explained it before in other threads. My wife got a big promotion at work and they moved us to Phoenix, AZ. Instead of just quitting the police department I worked at and losing my pension I bought out my retirement plan for .40 cents on the dollar. Got a nice check for $175,000 after taxes. Our original plan was to use the money and purchase a house cash and I would just be a stay at home dad since her new salary is enough to live comfortable. But my wife isn't satisfied with the homes we've looked at in the $175,000 price range. So we'll put it down on a home and get a mortgage, and I get to work again to help pay for it. I'm young enough to start a 401k so I don't see it as a disadvantage that I cashed out my pension early considering we'll pay for over half the house up front which means we'll have a mortgage with a very low monthly payment.

Jesus Christ man. Sitting on the couch is an expression. Stop taking shit so serious. Obviously I'm not sitting on the couch while my 2 year old just runs around the neighborhood. "Sitting on the couch" just means I'm not working right now. Of course I have to feed him, watch his every move, change diapers and all that. It's not all just sitting on the couch.

But my wife sure likes to tease me after she gets home from work. "Must be nice sitting on the couch all day while I'm at work."

[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
13-01-2017, 07:34 AM
I still think it's very interesting that the law firm that represented Trump at his press conference is also Russia's top law agency. Just one of the missing pieces people have overlooked.

Dark Helmet, you never answered my question - if Trump has a falling out with the generals, who will you stand by?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-01-2017, 07:45 AM
(13-01-2017 07:31 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  But my wife sure likes to tease me after she gets home from work. "Must be nice sitting on the couch all day while I'm at work."

Like you, I was fortunate and retired early (though I wasn't involved in the public service, nor do I have a government pension) but, yea, one really needs a plan and something to do in retirement.

I don't have kids so no wee ones to chase after, so I spend my time volunteering with two different agencies in town: one that works with the blind and one that works with patients with Hep-C/HIV/AIDS.

I used to work in a palliative care home as well, doing basic maintenance stuff (fixing the squeaky door, filling the water softener with salt, etc etc) but I had to drop that after about a year after I hurt my back.

Volunteering has been wonderfully invigorating, though, and I'm more fulfilled now than I ever was when I was working for a living.
13-01-2017, 07:47 AM
(13-01-2017 07:31 AM)BryanS Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Stay at home dad" means one has children to take care of. I know a couple. They don't "sit on the couch", they actually take care of a child/children, which is hard work, and they don't have the option of going out and doing anything as child-care is very expensive and time-consuming. So we know at least part of this is a lie/ spin.

I know that Lord Dark Helmet posts at times reflexively partisan postings, but you seem to have a real mean streak about you when it comes to him. It is really unseemly to attack someone so personally as you have done in this and other posts. Even if everything LDH says about himself is an exaggeration or outright lie, why do you care so much?

Reflexively partisan postings *at times*. LOL
No one cares about the idiot. He's a liar. Just like his butt-buddy, Trump.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2017, 07:48 AM
[Image: american_flag__russian_american_flag__wa...7g53v8.png]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-01-2017, 07:53 AM
(13-01-2017 07:31 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 07:15 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Stay at home dad" means one has children to take care of. I know a couple. They don't "sit on the couch", they actually take care of a child/children, which is hard work, and they don't have the option of going out and doing anything as child-care is very expensive and time-consuming. So we know at least part of this is a lie/ spin.

Jesus Christ man. Sitting on the couch is an expression. Stop taking shit so serious. Obviously I'm not sitting on the couch while my 2 year old just runs around the neighborhood. "Sitting on the couch" just means I'm not working right now. Of course I have to feed him, watch his every move, change diapers and all that. It's not all just sitting on the couch.

But my wife sure likes to tease me after she gets home from work. "Must be nice sitting on the couch all day while I'm at work."

Yup... I've been "sitting on the couch" since 2001......

You know how many cords of wood I've cut since then???? I don't even WANT to know.... How many cars I've built (the SO is driving one every day to work) -- how many gallons of syrup I've made??????

To be honest -- I don't know how I ever got shit done, when I had a job.... It really seems like I had more free time back then...............

Now I gotta go -- picking up another car to part out this morning...........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-01-2017, 08:03 AM
(13-01-2017 07:34 AM)Dom Wrote:  I still think it's very interesting that the law firm that represented Trump at his press conference is also Russia's top law agency. Just one of the missing pieces people have overlooked.

Dark Helmet, you never answered my question - if Trump has a falling out with the generals, who will you stand by?

I'm not sure how to answer that. As Commander in Chief, Trump can fire Generals, force retire them, move them to different positions. Obviously they know more than he does, but he has retired Generals on his staff giving him information as well. A lot of the Flag officers (Generals and Admirals) are Obama holdovers. We will see a lot of them retire soon and new people promoted to those upper military positions. People that share his world view. The new Administration will get to pick the top Flag Officers for each branch.

It is highly likely they will have a loyal group of Generals and Admirals.

I'm more of a party loyalist than Trump loyalist. Obviously in a SHTF moment, I support what is best for the country. If Trump is truly a screw up, I'll support the Generals.