Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2017, 10:10 AM
RE: Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings
(13-01-2017 09:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And you DON'T GET IT. We don't use a popular vote. And California didn't have a republican senator up for election in 2016 so republicans didn't vote there. Do you even understand what I am saying? The president is not a king. You have to win states other than California and New York. You have to be able to send senators and congressmen to D.C. to represent you. You need governors and state legislators. Right now democrats have NOTHING. They have practically ZERO. They control only 7 states. Seven! Republicans control 68 out of 98 state legislative houses and 2/3 of governor seats. And according to every expert out there the republicans will win even more in the 2018 midterm. Republicans have even taken over the legislature in liberal Washington state. Liberals are being rejected across the country, in record numbers.

Totally delusional.
I do get it. You're trying to spin what DID NOT happen.
The "American people" have done NOTHING like you claim.

Republican - Democrat
Seats before
54 44
Seats won
22 12
Seats after
52 46
Seat change
Decrease 2 Increase 2
Popular vote
40,402,790 51,496,682
Percentage
42.4% 53.8%
Swing
Decrease 9.3% Increase 10.0%
Seats up
24 10

Small changes
There is NO indication your wishful thinking will happen in two years.
You're MAKING IT UP.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2017, 10:34 AM
(13-01-2017 10:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 09:27 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And you DON'T GET IT. We don't use a popular vote. And California didn't have a republican senator up for election in 2016 so republicans didn't vote there. Do you even understand what I am saying? The president is not a king. You have to win states other than California and New York. You have to be able to send senators and congressmen to D.C. to represent you. You need governors and state legislators. Right now democrats have NOTHING. They have practically ZERO. They control only 7 states. Seven! Republicans control 68 out of 98 state legislative houses and 2/3 of governor seats. And according to every expert out there the republicans will win even more in the 2018 midterm. Republicans have even taken over the legislature in liberal Washington state. Liberals are being rejected across the country, in record numbers.

Totally delusional.

Republican - Democrat
Seats before
54 44
Seats won
22 12
Seats after
52 46
Seat change
Decrease 2 Increase 2
Popular vote
40,402,790 51,496,682
Percentage
42.4% 53.8%
Swing
Seats up
24 10

Small changes
You're MAKING IT UP.

My stats were from an entire 8 year period since Obama took office (which was my entire point) Laugh out load

This was an election that favored democrats because the republicans had to defend seats in blue states. But they only had a 2 state swing when they should have picked up at least 6. They failed big. The 2018 midterms will be a slaughter. Google it. Even left wing media acknowledges this fact. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/se...rms-231516

And you completely overlook the absolute destruction that democrats have encountered at the state level.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-01-2017, 10:47 AM
(13-01-2017 10:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 10:10 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Totally delusional.

Republican - Democrat
Seats before
54 44
Seats won
22 12
Seats after
52 46
Seat change
Decrease 2 Increase 2
Popular vote
40,402,790 51,496,682
Percentage
42.4% 53.8%
Swing
Seats up
24 10

Small changes
You're MAKING IT UP.

My stats were from an entire 8 year period since Obama took office (which was my entire point) Laugh out load

This was an election that favored democrats because the republicans had to defend seats in blue states. But they only had a 2 state swing when they should have picked up at least 6. They failed big. The 2018 midterms will be a slaughter. Google it. Even left wing media acknowledges this fact. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/se...rms-231516

And you completely overlook the absolute destruction that democrats have encountered at the state level.

"Absolute destruction" Facepalm
Right on sport.
So there's no more Democratic Party then. Heh heh.

Your teeesy weensy over-exaggerations are making you like a 13 year old junior high valley-girl.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-01-2017, 11:01 AM
(13-01-2017 10:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Absolute destruction" Facepalm
Right on sport.

Your teeesy weensy over-exaggerations are making you like a 13 year old junior high valley-girl.

Actually, for all his frothing at the mouth and hyperbole, LDH makes a good point.

The alt-right and their Republican masters have been very, very good at spreading misinformation and outright lies about Democrats and specifically HRC for a long, long time.

The low-information crowd laps it up because they don't care to actually check those pesky things known as "facts", especially when those facts contradict their own ideological biases.

Facts don't win elections. Feelings do. HRC and the Dems had the facts on their side pretty much the whole time, while DJT and his alt-right handlers played the fear card, targeting the feelings of abandonment and fear that's such a part of middle America, especially in the Rust Belt.

Fear and lies won over facts.

Frankly, I don't know what it's going to take to get the Dems back together on the national stage. They are up against some mighty powerful interests - the alt-right, the Koch brothers, Fox News/Fox Business, the moneyed elite, etc etc.

My hunch is that when it becomes clear that Trump is a Russian puppet, impeachment proceedings will start (I predict sometime before October 2017) and he'll either resign in disgrace like Nixon or be forced out by members of his own party.

Next move will be the Dems. How they play it remains to be seen.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
13-01-2017, 11:15 AM
(13-01-2017 11:01 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 10:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "Absolute destruction" Facepalm
Right on sport.

Actually, for all his frothing at the mouth and hyperbole, LDH makes a good point.

The alt-right and their Republican masters have been very, very good at spreading misinformation and outright lies about Democrats and specifically HRC for a long, long time.

The low-information crowd laps it up because they don't care to actually check those pesky things known as "facts", especially when those facts contradict their own ideological biases.

Facts don't win elections. Feelings do. HRC and the Dems had the facts on their side pretty much the whole time, while DJT and his alt-right handlers played the fear card, targeting the feelings of abandonment and fear that's such a part of middle America, especially in the Rust Belt.

Fear and lies won over facts.

Frankly, I don't know what it's going to take to get the Dems back together on the national stage. They are up against some mighty powerful interests - the alt-right, the Koch brothers, Fox News/Fox Business, the moneyed elite, etc etc.

My hunch is that when it becomes clear that Trump is a Russian puppet, impeachment proceedings will start (I predict sometime before October 2017) and he'll either resign in disgrace like Nixon or be forced out by members of his own party.

Next move will be the Dems. How they play it remains to be seen.

(13-01-2017 11:01 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Facts don't win elections. Feelings do

Excellent post. Yes, the "low information crowd" is telling. Next time the Dems should run George Clooney or Oprah. Oprah is real good with feelings, George is nice to look at.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-01-2017, 11:17 AM
(13-01-2017 10:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 10:34 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  My stats were from an entire 8 year period since Obama took office (which was my entire point) Laugh out load

"Absolute destruction" Facepalm
Right on sport.

Yes. Absolute destruction at the state level. 1000 seats at the state level in 8 years. Say it with me. One thousand seats lost by democrats at the state level. O-N-E-T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D.

1,042 total seats lost counting all state legislative seats, governorships, senate, house and presidency.

They only control the governor seat + legislature in 7 states. SEVEN states.

Never happened in history. Democrats have the lowest representation in government since the civil war.

These are facts.

13-01-2017, 11:19 AM
(13-01-2017 11:15 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Next time the Dems should run George Clooney or Oprah.

Al Franken.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2017, 11:23 AM
(13-01-2017 11:17 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yes. Absolute destruction at the state level. 1000 seats at the state level in 8 years. Say it with me. One thousand seats lost by democrats at the state level. O-N-E-T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D.

hmmm Consider .... 1042/50 = 20.84 seats per State over 8 years = 2.605 seats per State per year. Say it with me now: T-W-O-A-N-D-A-H-A-L-F.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-01-2017, 11:32 AM
(13-01-2017 11:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 11:17 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Yes. Absolute destruction at the state level. 1000 seats at the state level in 8 years. Say it with me. One thousand seats lost by democrats at the state level. O-N-E-T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D.

hmmm Consider .... 1042/50 = 20.84 seats per State over 8 years = 2.605 seats per State per year. Say it with me now: T-W-O-A-N-D-A-H-A-L-F.

So? It's unprecedented. Republicans now control 68 out of 98 state legislatures. Over twice as many governors. 25 states with full control (legislature + governor). Only 7 for dems.

13-01-2017, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2017 11:58 AM by GirlyMan.)
(13-01-2017 11:32 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 11:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  hmmm Consider .... 1042/50 = 20.84 seats per State over 8 years = 2.605 seats per State per year. Say it with me now: T-W-O-A-N-D-A-H-A-L-F.

So?

It's a comment on your apparent lack of even basic math skills and tendency for hyperbole. I'm not arguing a political point, I'm just pointing out that when you make an exaggeration as stupid and silly as O-N-E-T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D without putting it in its proper context you discredit yourself and thus indirectly diminish any point you're trying to make. Lunch today cost me, say it with me now, O-N-E-T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D pennies. :eek:

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post