Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2017, 02:28 PM
RE: Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings
(11-01-2017 02:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  ... you're literally arguing that the populace becoming more educated about a specific candidate means that candidate was 'cheated.' Fuck you.

The populace is still waiting to become more educated about Trump's taxes. Trump, release your taxes before Anonymous releases them for you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-01-2017, 02:34 PM
(11-01-2017 02:26 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I'll ignore the cursing because it's irrelevant and says more about you, Gil, than it says about me.

Point remains, if you wish to follow-up on it: Do you find it acceptable that another state actor interferes with your electoral process? Yes or no?

Trick question, in a way. I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh is Canadian, so none of this has anything to do with "his" electoral process. He's just commenting "from the outside" (which he has every right to do, just like Vosur and others).
11-01-2017, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 02:39 PM by Gilgamesh.)
(11-01-2017 02:26 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I'll ignore the cursing because it's irrelevant and says more about you, Gil, than it says about me.

Point remains, if you wish to follow-up on it: Do you find it acceptable that another state actor interferes with your electoral process? Yes or no?

Define for me 'interferes' and 'electoral process.' If you're asking me if I think that information about a candidate - that that candidate doesn't want to be released - being released means that the electoral process has been 'cheated,' then no; that's a fucking retarded conflation and I don't think that.
11-01-2017, 02:36 PM
(11-01-2017 02:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Trick question, in a way. I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh is Canadian, so none of this has anything to do with "his" electoral process. He's just commenting "from the outside" (which he has every right to do, just like Vosur and others).

I wasn't aware that Gil was Canadian (as am I). Fair enough; it's not "his" electoral process. But the point still remains: is it OK for a state actor to interfere with another sovereign nation's elections?

Me, I think not, but I'm funny like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
11-01-2017, 02:38 PM
(11-01-2017 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 02:22 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  ... you're literally arguing that the populace becoming more educated about a specific candidate means that candidate was 'cheated.' Fuck you.

The populace is still waiting to become more educated about Trump's taxes. Trump, release your taxes before Anonymous releases them for you.

Do you think that sits at odds with anything I just said? It literally has zero relevance, you reactionary fuck.

"You talk mean about hillary?? BU-BUT TRUMP, TOO; TRUMP, TOO."

That's what you sound like.
11-01-2017, 02:45 PM
(11-01-2017 02:36 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 02:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Trick question, in a way. I'm pretty sure Gilgamesh is Canadian, so none of this has anything to do with "his" electoral process. He's just commenting "from the outside" (which he has every right to do, just like Vosur and others).

I wasn't aware that Gil was Canadian (as am I). Fair enough; it's not "his" electoral process. But the point still remains: is it OK for a state actor to interfere with another sovereign nation's elections?

Me, I think not, but I'm funny like that.

I sort of agree with both of you. The extent of the interference was to release information (true information, as far as we know) about one candidate that was harmful to that candidate. Nothing terribly wrong with that, I guess, except that there is evidence that they did this with the specific intention of tilting the election toward Trump -- who, oh by the way, is very friendly with Russia. Something about that stinks.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-01-2017, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2017 02:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-01-2017 02:38 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  This is what I sound like in real life.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-01-2017, 02:47 PM
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/timeline-t...n-hacking/
Quote:October 20, 2016: In the third presidential debate:

Trump: [Clinton] has no idea whether it is Russia, China or anybody else.
Clinton: I am not quoting myself.
Trump: You have no idea.
Clinton: I am quoting seventeen, seventeen [US intelligence agencies.] Do you doubt…
Trump: Our country has no idea.
It seems it was Trump who was clueless.

Quote: In an interview with Time Magazine after his election, Trump reiterates, “It could be Russia. And it could be China. And it could be some guy in his home in New Jersey.”

Quote:Trump’s transition team responds in a short statement: “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.” Trump has at this point taken multiple presidential briefings from the intelligence agencies.
Deflection of issue and putting down of the USA intelligence agencies, as if Trump knows best LOL

Quote:Trump tells Fox News: “Nobody really knows, and hacking is very interesting. Once they hack, if you don’t catch them in the act you’re not going to catch them.”
Really?

Quote:“I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”
Hmm, Seems Trump is a cyber security expert. Wow!

Quote:The "Intelligence" briefing on so-called "Russian hacking" was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!
Trump building up a conspiracy.

Quote:Julian Assange said "a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta" - why was DNC so careless? Also said Russians did not give him the info!
Trump deliberately conflating two incidents in order to confuse the public.
Or perhaps it is Trump that is confused.

Quote:So how and why are they so sure about hacking if they never even requested an examination of the computer servers? What is going on?
Trump remains clueless

Quote:Trump says at a press conference: “As far as hacking, I think it was Russia
Aha , finally in order to deflect from the latest and greatest issues Trump faces he throws this gem out there. Trump, months behind what the rest of the world already knows. This clueless, egotist, conspiracy theorist and compulsive liar is now leader of the largest economic and military power on the planet. Incredibly scary stuff.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
11-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Prof Allan Lichtman was one of the few that predicted a Trump win.

Dr Lichtman also predicted that impeachment proceedings will start within Trump's first year.

Given his - Trump's - ties to Russia, nepotism, refusal to release his tax records, his continual lies and conflicts of interest, I suspect Dr Lichtman was right.

We'll see...

Sources: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/7337...s-election

http://fox59.com/2016/11/20/professor-wh...impeached/
11-01-2017, 02:53 PM
(11-01-2017 02:47 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Prof Allan Lichtman was one of the few that predicted a Trump win.

Dr Lichtman also predicted that impeachment proceedings will start within Trump's first year.

Given his - Trump's - ties to Russia, nepotism, refusal to release his tax records, his continual lies and conflicts of interest, I suspect Dr Lichtman was right.

I suspect that was the Republican plan all along to get Pence in power.