Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 08:01 AM
RE: Trump the Puppet- Russians With the Strings
As much as it pains me to agree with our two resident Trump gamahauchers, its highly likely all fake news or at least highly over blown. A dodgy MI6 agent who left service 10 years ago allegedly says an unverified dossier exists relating to Trump and Russian prostitutes. Personally I think its bollocks and so do the BBC.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 08:14 AM
(12-01-2017 08:01 AM)adey67 Wrote:  As much as it pains me to agree with our two resident Trump gamahauchers, its highly likely all fake news or at least highly over blown. A dodgy MI6 agent who left service 10 years ago allegedly says an unverified dossier exists relating to Trump and Russian prostitutes. Personally I think its bollocks and so do the BBC.

While I agree that the info in the dossier is highly suspect, what I find most amusing is that these are exactly the sorts of tactics that Trump used in his campaign: spreading, or supporting, fake news.

Examples:
Obama was born in Kenya. A lie perpetrated by Trump.
HRC had Parkinsons (or some other disease). A Trump lie.
Americans don't care if Trump releases his tax returns. A Trump lie.
His Electoral College victory was a landslide. A Trump lie.
There was "serious voter fraud" in Virginia, NH and California. A Trump lie.
That he never said that Japan and South Korea should have nuclear weapons. A Trump lie.
The media never showed crowds at Trump rallies. A Trump lie.

Live by the lie, die by the lie.

I expect impeachment proceedings to start sometime before October.
[+] 6 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
12-01-2017, 08:21 AM
(11-01-2017 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  https://www.wired.com/2017/01/timeline-t...n-hacking/
Quote:October 20, 2016: In the third presidential debate:

Trump: [Clinton] has no idea whether it is Russia, China or anybody else.
Clinton: I am not quoting myself.
Trump: You have no idea.
Clinton: I am quoting seventeen, seventeen [US intelligence agencies.] Do you doubt…
Trump: Our country has no idea.
It seems it was Trump who was clueless.

Quote: In an interview with Time Magazine after his election, Trump reiterates, “It could be Russia. And it could be China. And it could be some guy in his home in New Jersey.”

Quote:Trump’s transition team responds in a short statement: “These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.” Trump has at this point taken multiple presidential briefings from the intelligence agencies.
Deflection of issue and putting down of the USA intelligence agencies, as if Trump knows best LOL

Quote:Trump tells Fox News: “Nobody really knows, and hacking is very interesting. Once they hack, if you don’t catch them in the act you’re not going to catch them.”
Really?

Quote:“I know a lot about hacking. And hacking is a very hard thing to prove. So it could be somebody else. And I also know things that other people don’t know, and so they cannot be sure of the situation.”
Hmm, Seems Trump is a cyber security expert. Wow!

Quote:The "Intelligence" briefing on so-called "Russian hacking" was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!
Trump building up a conspiracy.

Quote:Julian Assange said "a 14 year old could have hacked Podesta" - why was DNC so careless? Also said Russians did not give him the info!
Trump deliberately conflating two incidents in order to confuse the public.
Or perhaps it is Trump that is confused.

Quote:So how and why are they so sure about hacking if they never even requested an examination of the computer servers? What is going on?
Trump remains clueless

Quote:Trump says at a press conference: “As far as hacking, I think it was Russia
Aha , finally in order to deflect from the latest and greatest issues Trump faces he throws this gem out there. Trump, months behind what the rest of the world already knows. This clueless, egotist, conspiracy theorist and compulsive liar is now leader of the largest economic and military power on the planet. Incredibly scary stuff.

Because Trump can't keep his big mouth shut he presents a constant risk of compromising US security and intelligence and its operatives just so he can brag.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 5 users Like tomilay's post
12-01-2017, 08:52 AM
(12-01-2017 08:21 AM)tomilay Wrote:  Because Trump can't keep his big mouth shut he presents a constant risk of compromising US security and intelligence and its operatives just so he can brag.
But it's a good brag. A really good brag. The best brag.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
12-01-2017, 09:01 AM
(12-01-2017 07:35 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 05:54 AM)julep Wrote:  You can go ahead and support that traitorous asshole, that's fine, but at least be honest about the ethical and intellectual bypasses that you're taking to do so.
I think the necessity of 'taking ethical bypasses' is very much up for debate given the inherently subjective nature of ethics. Trump's words and actions may be in violation of your personal ethical standards, but those are far from universal.

It's close to universally acknowledged that Trump has a long history of unethical personal and business behavior. For example, multiple instances of walking away with money while many of the others involved in his various deals saw losses (despite Trump's assuring them they would be making money), stiffing contractors, and giving assurances/promises that he had no intention of keeping.

I can understand how some people will think that Trump will do a good job as puppet in chief despite his character flaws and conflicts of interest--or because of them. All presidents have character flaws, after all. The ethical compromise is when Trump supporters lie and deflect in defense of Trump.

I get it: the expectation is that Trump will get rid of all of those pesky regulations and safety nets and let business owners pollute, discriminate, and underpay people to their hearts' content. Let the assholes run free! I'm surprised, though, so many people who tend to also push a brand of hyper-patriotism are completely discounting the snowballing evidence that Trump lives in Putin's pocket. And I believe that they're tying themselves into knots to support a traitor, and that's sad.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
12-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Stole this from the Buzzfeed comments.

Buzzfeed is preparing an amendment to their intelligence report. It will state that the Russians have a compromising photo of Huma on all fours being led around on a diamond studded dog leash by Hillary Clinton who is wearing nothing but her Depends while Anthony is in the corner of the room probing his nether regions with a fireplace poker. All while Donald Trump was in the other room grabbing Michelle Obama by the pussy as she makes Barack watch her with a real man.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
12-01-2017, 03:28 PM
(11-01-2017 10:13 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Since we cannot prove a negative, ...

Of course we can.

#sigh
12-01-2017, 03:31 PM
(12-01-2017 03:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 10:13 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Since we cannot prove a negative, ...

Of course we can.

My brain hurts.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
12-01-2017, 03:33 PM
(12-01-2017 03:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course we can.

My brain hurts.

Must be Phantom pain

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-01-2017, 03:36 PM
(12-01-2017 03:31 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 03:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Of course we can.

My brain hurts.
Big Grin

#sigh