Trump thought it would be easier

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
28-04-2017, 02:04 PM
RE: Trump thought it would be easier
Gerrymandering favors the GOP more than the dems. That is a fact, and not an alternative one either.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
28-04-2017, 02:50 PM
(28-04-2017 10:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  He misses his prior life? Yea, well he can go back to that quite easily.

Hell, if he really wants to go back, I'll personally drive to DC and give him a ride home.

I'll even stop at McDonald's on the way, and get him a Happy Meal; my treat.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 6 users Like Dr H's post
28-04-2017, 05:50 PM
(28-04-2017 02:04 PM)cactus Wrote:  Gerrymandering favors the GOP more than the dems. That is a fact, and not an alternative one either.

Gerrymandering favors whichever party is in power and can do the gerrymandering. Historically, it has been done by both Democrats and Republicans.

Also, gerrymandering is completely irrelevant in a presidential election (and a senatorial election as well), because each state's votes are counted as a whole. Districting within the state can't affect that.
28-04-2017, 06:15 PM
I was going to say he's breaking in the chair, but it's more like he's breaking it.

100 days without a significant legislative victory! Woohoo!
[+] 2 users Like big green mouth's post
28-04-2017, 06:15 PM
(28-04-2017 05:50 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 02:04 PM)cactus Wrote:  Gerrymandering favors the GOP more than the dems. That is a fact, and not an alternative one either.

Gerrymandering favors whichever party is in power and can do the gerrymandering. Historically, it has been done by both Democrats and Republicans.

Also, gerrymandering is completely irrelevant in a presidential election (and a senatorial election as well), because each state's votes are counted as a whole. Districting within the state can't affect that.

Except Maine and Nebraska; admittedly the effect is minimal but it isn't always zero.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-04-2017, 07:05 PM
(28-04-2017 11:07 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  GOD, I hate him so much.

I just hate that he is our president and is representing the US. I HATE HIMMMMMMMMMMM.

We should start an official, I Hate Trump Competition Thread, to see who hates him more. On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being tops in the hatred scale, I'd be around a +300. Angry

I hate that man.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-04-2017, 07:14 PM
(28-04-2017 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 11:07 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  GOD, I hate him so much.

I just hate that he is our president and is representing the US. I HATE HIMMMMMMMMMMM.

We should start an official, I Hate Trump Competition Thread, to see who hates him more. On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being tops in the hatred scale, I'd be around a +300. Angry

I hate that man.

I hate him that much...+1. Tongue

I'd hate his little dog, too, but he doesn't have one.

Probably a good thing; he looks to me like the kind of kid who drowned kittens for fun.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
28-04-2017, 07:19 PM
(28-04-2017 07:14 PM)julep Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 07:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We should start an official, I Hate Trump Competition Thread, to see who hates him more. On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being tops in the hatred scale, I'd be around a +300. Angry

I hate that man.

I hate him that much...+1. Tongue

I'd hate his little dog, too, but he doesn't have one.

Probably a good thing; he looks to me like the kind of kid who drowned kittens for fun.

I hate that he breaths air. I wish he would stop doing that shit!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-04-2017, 07:52 PM
(28-04-2017 10:52 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 10:44 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Being the President of the United States isn't easy? Who knew?

Hobo

It is a first time job, there is no front counter cashier president, there is only one office and the first time you run and win it will always be your first time as president.

Other presidents both democrat and republican prior have expressed to some degree the unexpected things. But this time it is way different.

He is really a first timer. Had no other offices prior to this. Trump's run had nothing to do with helping others, it was all about proving himself and stroking his own ego.

He misses his prior life? Yea, well he can go back to that quite easily.

Just to expand on this a little.
I think other Presidents have also had a far more realistic approach to things, even Republicans. And so they're able to achieve their goals a lot easier compared to Trump because they're not going around spouting "build a wall!!!" they're proposing policies and shit that a lot of their parties want or even both parties want.

They also appointed people that weren't just "oh he's my family, here have a job". Or other idiots like Spicer. So they had better support around them.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
29-04-2017, 06:53 AM
I mailed my brother an article from the April 20 issue of Rolling Stone (Trump and the Pathology of Narcissism). He said it simply confirmed what he already knew about Trump. He had heard Trump many years ago on the Don Imus radio show in New York.

I was naïve enough to think Trump would put away his smart phone after the election, then after his inauguration. My brother, knowing him long before he became a household word on reality TV, knew he would never put it away.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fea...sm-w474896

Brother then told me he saw someone on TV being interviewed who, in all seriousness, mentioned his concern about the upcoming ice age. After all the years of fear mongering about the warming planet, brother thought it was the funniest damn thing. I told him that the person was either a geologist or a fear mongering, climate change denying, science denying, right wing Republican propagandist who was only interested in continued funding from the taxpayer. I go with the latter.

I will call him back to see if he can remember exactly what show or channel he was watching. It might have been Ancient Aliens or Jimmy Swaggart. I will let you know.

My brother is another non-voting, minimalist anarchist who, like me, ignores government scientists while eating pork belly and laughing at their fear mongering about carbon dioxide. Enemy of the State.