Trump thought it would be easier

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
11-05-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: Trump thought it would be easier
Only now is Trump starting to become aware that he actually has taken on a big job.

In an interview with Time, he now agrees that the White House's current combative nature might be his fault, and that "politics is tough."

Read Donald Trump's Interview With TIME on Being President

From the article:
On whether the White House is too combative...
Quote:I think it is. It could be my fault. I don’t want to necessarily blame but there’s a great meanness out there that I’m surprised at. I mean I’m surprised... But the only way you survive is to be combative.

Here's a quick snippet of Trump's lexicon, which gives an indication of how shallow and erratic his thought process is. It's in regards to a digital catapult system on aircraft carriers. This is verbatim:
Quote:You know the catapult is quite important. So I said what is this? Sir, this is our digital catapult system. He said well, we’re going to this because we wanted to keep up with modern [technology]. I said you don’t use steam anymore for catapult? No sir. I said, "Ah, how is it working?" "Sir, not good. Not good. Doesn’t have the power. You know the steam is just brutal. You see that sucker going and steam’s going all over the place, there’s planes thrown in the air."

It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said–and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be–"Sir, we’re staying with digital." I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good.

Anyone who can now say, with a straight face, that Trump was the "lesser of two evils" and that "at least he's not Clinton" is clearly not dealing with reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2017, 08:02 AM
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-det...aseID=2456

9. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)

idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30
leader 25
unqualified 25
president 22
strong 21
businessman 18
ignorant 16
egotistical 15
asshole 13
stupid 13
arrogant 12
trying 12
bully 11
business 11
narcissist 11
successful 11
disgusting 10
great 10
clown 9
dishonest 9
racist 9
American 8
bigot 8
good 8
money 8
smart 8
buffoon 7
con-man 7
crazy 7
different 7
disaster 7
rich 7
despicable 6
dictator 6
aggressive 5
blowhard 5
decisive 5
embarrassment 5
evil 5
greedy 5
inexperienced 5
mental 5
negotiator 5
patriotism 5

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
11-05-2017, 08:03 AM
I'm sure he's surprised by the meanness.

Quote: “You were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?” he said. 

11-05-2017, 09:45 AM
(11-05-2017 08:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ... What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump?

That's pretty telling. 29 are derogatory; only 10 are superlative, and 7 are neutrally descriptive. The first 3 derogatory terms occur 100 times; ALL the superlative terms number 103. The ratio of derogatory to superlative is 3.4 to 1.

If this is indicative of general perception how is something that vile in the office it occupies?
11-05-2017, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 12:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-05-2017 08:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  9. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)

idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30

stupid racist mental idiot asshole liar - Thumbsup
[Image: Untitled_zps6464ofru.png]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2017, 10:56 AM
Dude's a sociopath, it's no wonder he doesn't understand how actions have consequences.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-05-2017, 12:13 PM
(11-05-2017 08:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-det...aseID=2456

9. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (Numbers are not percentages. Figures show the number of times each response was given. This table reports only words that were mentioned at least five times.)

idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30
leader 25
unqualified 25
president 22
strong 21
businessman 18
ignorant 16
egotistical 15
asshole 13
stupid 13
arrogant 12
trying 12
bully 11
business 11
narcissist 11
successful 11
disgusting 10
great 10
clown 9
dishonest 9
racist 9
American 8
bigot 8
good 8
money 8
smart 8
buffoon 7
con-man 7
crazy 7
different 7
disaster 7
rich 7
despicable 6
dictator 6
aggressive 5
blowhard 5
decisive 5
embarrassment 5
evil 5
greedy 5
inexperienced 5
mental 5
negotiator 5
patriotism 5

Laugh out load

I'm surprised "demagogue" isn't on the list. That's the word I would use.
11-05-2017, 12:35 PM
(11-05-2017 12:13 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 08:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-det...aseID=2456

idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30
leader 25
unqualified 25
president 22
strong 21
businessman 18
ignorant 16
egotistical 15
asshole 13
stupid 13
arrogant 12
trying 12
bully 11
business 11
narcissist 11
successful 11
disgusting 10
great 10
clown 9
dishonest 9
racist 9
American 8
bigot 8
good 8
money 8
smart 8
buffoon 7
con-man 7
crazy 7
different 7
disaster 7
rich 7
despicable 6
dictator 6
aggressive 5
blowhard 5
decisive 5
embarrassment 5
evil 5
greedy 5
inexperienced 5
mental 5
negotiator 5
patriotism 5

Laugh out load

I'm surprised "demagogue" isn't on the list. That's the word I would use.

That word is too big and fancy for most 'Muricans.

Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
11-05-2017, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 12:48 PM by unfogged.)
(11-05-2017 09:45 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  That's pretty telling. 29 are derogatory; only 10 are superlative, and 7 are neutrally descriptive. The first 3 derogatory terms occur 100 times; ALL the superlative terms number 103. The ratio of derogatory to superlative is 3.4 to 1.

Some of the terms are hard to classify.

'patriotism' seems like a non-sequitur
'different' could be meant positively or negatively
'leader' could be just a statement of fact and not of character
'negotiator' could be construed as a negative or a positive
''trying' could be meant to be supportive, condescending, or a sign of exasperation

I do like the negatives though. They bear repeating: aggressive, arrogant, asshole, bigot, blowhard, buffoon, bully, clown, con-man, crazy, despicable, dictator, disaster, disgusting, dishonest, egotistical, embarrassment, evil, greedy, idiot, ignorant, incompetent, inexperienced, liar, mental, narcissist, racist, stupid, and unqualified

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-05-2017, 12:44 PM
The word the Chump should have used for the new catapults is electromagnetic (emc), not digital. Steam catapults have worked well for decades. But that is what was available technology. The emc system gets rid of a lot of the problems with steam.

BoT, I'd like to string together seven of those words to describe the Chump, much in the same way that George Carlin did for his "7 Dirty Words".
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post