Trump v. Francis - The Battlecam in the Vatican

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: Trump v. Francis - The Battlecam in the Vatican
I'm disappointed, I thought he would say he was low energy, a loser and wears a funny hat.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Hmm, is this going to cause trouble between Christians? The charitable ones and the belligerent ones?

Divide and conquer. I hope the pope and Trump keep it up.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-02-2016, 06:27 AM
(19-02-2016 06:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hmm, is this going to cause trouble between Christians? The charitable ones and the belligerent ones?

Yabut, the Pope is Catholic, not a True Christian™. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-02-2016, 06:28 AM
(19-02-2016 06:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hmm, is this going to cause trouble between Christians? The charitable ones and the belligerent ones?

The Catholics might have an issue with it, but even then most of them won't care what the pope says.

The evangelicals though, it might energize them, they would dismiss all of Catholicism as a Mary/pope worshiping cult anyway. They would be very pleased that Trump doesn't defer to the pope.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
19-02-2016, 06:32 AM
The Pope is qualified to point out that Trump is not a True Catholic™, but seeing as how his organization is still harboring an army of pedophile priests and protecting them from secular justice? Francis ain't got shit to stand on. Just remember that the bar for 'being a Christian' is so low, serial child rapists can do it. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-02-2016, 06:47 AM
(18-02-2016 07:48 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  One double popcorn with extra butter, please.

I love watching two Christians try to out-pious each other. I love it for two reasons:
  • The only thing more funny would be to watch an actual animated pot yell at an animated kettle.
  • They all conveniently forget the part of the Bible where one third of their god explicitly tells people not to bitch about the splinter in someone's eye without removing the plank from their own. He flat-out tells them not to do this pot and kettle shit, and yet they both do, all while arguing which of them is more like Jesus.
The only way it gets better is if they use the same line of reasoning an atheist would use against the other person. I keep hoping to see that look on their face when they realize the same thing about their own beliefs, but I have thus far been disappointed.

You're almost there! Just put in... the last piece... of the puzzle! Awww, he lost it.
[+] 7 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-02-2016, 10:02 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politics/p...tian-wall/

Pope Francis - "Building walls is not Christian"

[Image: vatican-wall.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Bear100's post
19-02-2016, 12:13 PM
(19-02-2016 10:02 AM)Bear100 Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politics/p...tian-wall/

Yeah, but everyone is still free to go in there, just not walk across all the lawn and garden stuff but use the provided paths.

This is not a wall designed to exclude anyone, everyone is welcome in there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-02-2016, 01:48 PM
(19-02-2016 12:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 10:02 AM)Bear100 Wrote:  http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/18/politics/p...tian-wall/

Yeah, but everyone is still free to go in there, just not walk across all the lawn and garden stuff but use the provided paths.

Are we talking about the literal walls around Vatican City? Because those were built explicitly to keep people out, specifically Italian monarchs who wanted to kill the Pope.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-02-2016, 02:13 PM
(19-02-2016 01:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 12:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yeah, but everyone is still free to go in there, just not walk across all the lawn and garden stuff but use the provided paths.

Are we talking about the literal walls around Vatican City? Because those were built explicitly to keep people out, specifically Italian monarchs who wanted to kill the Pope.

Yes, and that was then and now is now. Now the Vatican has an inclusionary wall, and Trump wants an exclusionary wall between the US and Mexico.