Trump visit in Poland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: Trump visit in Poland
(05-07-2017 01:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Trump visit in Poland make ruling right wing nuts happy, despite the fact that only 23% of Poles think he would do right things in regard to world affairs (Obama had trust of 58% at the end of his presidency).

I wonder what will be results of said visit. Will Law and Justice feel emboldened to take further authoritarian steps? Remains to be seen.

Feel free to keep him as long as you like.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dr H's post
06-07-2017, 08:33 PM
First Lady of Poland snubs Trump, epic. Laugh out load

See short video clip imbedded here.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Trump visits Poland. There's gotta be an oxymoron joke in there somewhere.

Sorry. My apologies to Poland. Both for my pitiful reference and for Trump visiting.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
07-07-2017, 01:17 AM
According to polityka.pl Trump reminded global audience about Polish struggles for freedom and his speech may not make western leaders happy but also wouldn't make them sad or angry. More importantly he agreed on Poland buying "Patriot" missiles and there was some talk about selling American gas to Poland.

However more left leaning krytykapolityczna.pl see visit differently - Trump presented himself good, said what people wanted to hear and got contract for "Patriots". Poland on the other hand got nothing of substance

Lastly Guardian seems to have different perspective.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
07-07-2017, 05:15 AM
From what I've heard he said 'Poland, America and Europe are still 'seeking god'. We will not abandon god' I about face palmed. It's always about the Sky Daddy.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
07-07-2017, 05:23 AM
(07-07-2017 05:15 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  From what I've heard he said 'Poland, America and Europe are still 'seeking god'. We will not abandon god' I about face palmed. It's always about the Sky Daddy.

Which may sit well with Poland, but certainly not with the largest parts of Europe.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
07-07-2017, 05:28 AM
(07-07-2017 05:15 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  From what I've heard he said 'Poland, America and Europe are still 'seeking god'. We will not abandon god' I about face palmed. It's always about the Sky Daddy.

He just said what people (presumably) wanted to hear. Talking about god is far from uncommon in what passes for Polish politics.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-07-2017, 12:20 PM
(07-07-2017 05:28 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  

He just said what people (presumably) wanted to hear. Talking about god is far from uncommon in what passes for Polish politics.

If there was a God and Trump so blatantly tried to lie that he cared about God, then he should burst into flames. Fact that he doesn't shows that there is no God. QED.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
10-07-2017, 07:30 PM
People are so fucking gullible to fake news. Why? Because it plays right into their political biases.

And now, the unedited version -

She was looking at, then walked towards the US first lady first, shook her hand then turned and shook Trump's hand.

I post this, not in support of Trump, but to point out the power the media has by such deliberate edits. And the masses lap it up without giving it a second thought.

Both sides are guilty of this.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
10-07-2017, 08:23 PM
(07-07-2017 01:17 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  ...
Lastly Guardian seems to have different perspective.

From the link:
Quote:“The west became great not because of paperwork and regulations but because people were allowed to chase their dreams and pursue their destinies.”

I suppose it depends upon one's definition of 'great'.

The "West" became large because of expansionism (rampant dream-chasing / resource grabbing). Empires (East and West) became great due to mature systems of bureaucracy (process, law, defined rights and responsibilities).

There were a few references to "The West" in there. This article articulates well what that means for scriptwriters (Bannon/Miller).

(10-07-2017 07:30 PM)TheBear Wrote:  People are so fucking gullible to fake news. Why? Because it plays right into their political biases.

And now, the unedited version -

She was looking at, then walked towards the US first lady first, shook her hand then turned and shook Trump's hand.

I post this, not in support of Trump, but to point out the power the media has by such deliberate edits. And the masses lap it up without giving it a second thought.

Both sides are guilty of this.

Wasn't the point being made that Trump's narcissism blinds him to social norms?

What are the masses lapping up?

Huh

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post