Trump vs. Clinton vs Everyone else

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Trump vs. Clinton vs Everyone else
(01-03-2016 09:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 09:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think given the choice between Trump and Clinton I'd choice Trump. Because fuck America if it's not gonna elect Sanders it deserves Trump as a president.
Maybe you guys will finally learn from your stupidity if you reach rock bottom.

If he gets assassinated by a female Muslim latino I'm holding the right to cheer though.

Can we come live with you Muffs? We need to escape.

Plenty of great places in the Dominican Republic where $1000.00 Social Security is enuff for me! Nice weather and all. Beautiful beaches for you to strut in your bikini too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 05:14 PM
[Image: rthHcCW.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 13 users Like earmuffs's post
02-03-2016, 05:58 PM
(02-03-2016 08:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Anyone excited about Clinton or Trump?

Statistically speaking, I will be likely voting for Clinton. I will not be excited to vote for Clinton, but I will be excited to vote for keeping the GOP out of the white house. I will be depressed by my resignation to pragmatism.

If Sanders pulls a rabbit out of his hat and pulls off some major upset, I will be excited to vote for him; I just don't see that as statistically likely. My wife said, last night, that Sanders was the first time she felt proud to be American.

Voting based on party lines alone is a bad idea. Just 4 years back my favorite candidate, Ron Paul, ran as a Republican. He was far more socially liberal than the incumbent Democrat (and most other Dems and GOP members), and had the voting record to prove it. Now, you may have disagreed with him on other issues, like foreign policy, economic policy, etc., but if you vote assuming you know someones positions based on their party you will sometimes be wrong.

Most people, when they talk about social liberties do no actually want widespread liberty across the board. Both Democrats and Republicans want to limit your personal freedoms, they just disagree on what personal liberties you should and should not have. The guy or gal that wants to limit your ability to possess a firearm is more likely support freedom of marrying whoever you wish (as far as sex goes), and vice versa. The guy or gal that wants to keep abortion legal is more likely to want to restrict your choice in automobile safety (such as helmets for motorcyclists, and seat belts for passenger vehicles), and vice versa. Then there are issues where the far right and far left agree, but the moderates agree, such as drug laws.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
02-03-2016, 06:01 PM
(02-03-2016 06:13 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  More disgrace. I don't get it, if people are all okay it looks and they're disengaged that it seems Trump & Clinton have won...

Why assume Gary Johnson has just automatically won the libertarian party nomination? He hasn't. It could even go to some quality excessively out there person like John McAfee or any of the other 10 candidates.

I don't have to assume Gary Johnson will win the Libertarian nomination to vote for him. What do you assume a protest vote to be? Big Grin

02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
(02-03-2016 06:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 06:13 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  More disgrace. I don't get it, if people are all okay it looks and they're disengaged that it seems Trump & Clinton have won...

Why assume Gary Johnson has just automatically won the libertarian party nomination? He hasn't. It could even go to some quality excessively out there person like John McAfee or any of the other 10 candidates.

I don't have to assume Gary Johnson will win the Libertarian nomination to vote for him. What do you assume a protest vote to be? Big Grin

Depends on the state, someones don't let even write in's on the ballot or just any inclusion.

I was gonna vote for the newly kinda formed though seemingly defunct "Justice Party" and Rocky Johnson last time but not being on my ballot I swung to Johnson instead.

I don't know if there will be as big of a 3rd party movement this year. Really at this time in 2012 there was a much larger wave of talk about 3rd party movements with the failed Americas Elect site idea of attempting to generate support that way and announced 3rd party candidate online debates(Though I'm sure those WILL happen just closer in October/September times)

Unless there is a something of a Paul, Bloomberg, Sanders, Warren, etc. Type of exposed source pushing a lot of interest in that way instead of supporting the party candidate, I don't think a boost will arise. I think a lot of those who may of voted 3rd party in the past are in a interested toward Trump way because of that perceived difference notion. Not that there still isn't a anti-trump & anti-Hilary core that will vote elsewhere.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
(02-03-2016 07:22 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 06:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I don't have to assume Gary Johnson will win the Libertarian nomination to vote for him. What do you assume a protest vote to be? Big Grin

Depends on the state, someones don't let even write in's on the ballot or just any inclusion.

I was gonna vote for the newly kinda formed though seemingly defunct "Justice Party" and Rocky Johnson last time but not being on my ballot I swung to Johnson instead.

I don't know if there will be as big of a 3rd party movement this year. Really at this time in 2012 there was a much larger wave of talk about 3rd party movements with the failed Americas Elect site idea of attempting to generate support that way and announced 3rd party candidate online debates(Though I'm sure those WILL happen just closer in October/September times)

Unless there is a something of a Paul, Bloomberg, Sanders, Warren, etc. Type of exposed source pushing a lot of interest in that way instead of supporting the party candidate, I don't think a boost will arise. I think a lot of those who may of voted 3rd party in the past are in a interested toward Trump way because of that perceived difference notion. Not that there still isn't a anti-trump & anti-Hilary core that will vote elsewhere.

In the state of Tennessee, my home, I can write in anyone...and for any party, if I so choose. If I were so inclined, in the primaries I could've voted "Republican" for Madeleine Albright. In the general election I can write in whomever I wish. That being said, I think Gary Johnson will probably secure the Libertarian candidacy again. If not, I'll vote for him anyway. The candidates still in the race, even if not Trump or Clinton are pure crap in my opinion.

03-03-2016, 07:51 AM
If I could be it would be for neither Trump nor Clinton. I'd consider a third party. If there are other candidates, voting for Clinton to avoid seeing Trump in the presidential chair is not a reall good call.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
03-03-2016, 08:40 AM
(02-03-2016 05:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 08:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Statistically speaking, I will be likely voting for Clinton. I will not be excited to vote for Clinton, but I will be excited to vote for keeping the GOP out of the white house. I will be depressed by my resignation to pragmatism.

If Sanders pulls a rabbit out of his hat and pulls off some major upset, I will be excited to vote for him; I just don't see that as statistically likely. My wife said, last night, that Sanders was the first time she felt proud to be American.

Voting based on party lines alone is a bad idea. Just 4 years back my favorite candidate, Ron Paul, ran as a Republican. He was far more socially liberal than the incumbent Democrat (and most other Dems and GOP members), and had the voting record to prove it. Now, you may have disagreed with him on other issues, like foreign policy, economic policy, etc., but if you vote assuming you know someones positions based on their party you will sometimes be wrong.

Most people, when they talk about social liberties do no actually want widespread liberty across the board. Both Democrats and Republicans want to limit your personal freedoms, they just disagree on what personal liberties you should and should not have. The guy or gal that wants to limit your ability to possess a firearm is more likely support freedom of marrying whoever you wish (as far as sex goes), and vice versa. The guy or gal that wants to keep abortion legal is more likely to want to restrict your choice in automobile safety (such as helmets for motorcyclists, and seat belts for passenger vehicles), and vice versa. Then there are issues where the far right and far left agree, but the moderates agree, such as drug laws.

I kind of liked Paul for a while, but then I found out that he has very close ties to the John Birch Society. Trust me, we dodged a bullet.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-03-2016, 09:33 AM
As an outsider I can report that this election will be followed with more interest than any other, actually concern would be a better word. People in Britain and Europe are genuinely worried about the possible election of Trump to the Whitehouse as we already have a dangerous loony in Putin and two dangerous loons is a seriously scary prospect for the world as a whole. How anyone cannot be put off by an individual with a serious case of narcissistic personality disorder who is a bully a racist and has no verbal filter or the requisite patience for diplomacy seriously worries many of us.

We can laugh and joke about it but at the end of the day the USA is the last super power it needs to be governed extremely cogently and its actually not funny as many of us can see that Trump is quite capable of leading the USA and the rest of the word in to the abyss.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-03-2016, 10:04 AM
How to spot a Democrat cat. Big Grin

[Image: YHRu5ts.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post