Trump vs. Clinton vs Everyone else

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: Trump vs. Clinton vs Everyone else
I've seen some other people try the cucumber thing and cats just are fine with it. I don't get this whole cucumber scares cats things.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 11:00 AM
(03-03-2016 10:59 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I've seen some other people try the cucumber thing and cats just are fine with it. I don't get this whole cucumber scares cats things.

It's an atavistic behavioural response to a snake-like stimuli.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
03-03-2016, 11:05 AM
(03-03-2016 11:00 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:59 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I've seen some other people try the cucumber thing and cats just are fine with it. I don't get this whole cucumber scares cats things.

It's an atavistic behavioural response to a snake-like stimuli.

Additionally, an object that is very large to a cat suddenly appears where there was nothing just a second ago. It's not limited to cucumbers. You would jump too if you thought you were alone and doing something and you turn and suddenly there is huge object behind you.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-03-2016, 11:42 AM
I'd immigrate to the US and vote for tacos

hmmmmmm mmmm tacos Drooling
03-03-2016, 06:15 PM
(03-03-2016 08:40 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 05:58 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Voting based on party lines alone is a bad idea. Just 4 years back my favorite candidate, Ron Paul, ran as a Republican. He was far more socially liberal than the incumbent Democrat (and most other Dems and GOP members), and had the voting record to prove it. Now, you may have disagreed with him on other issues, like foreign policy, economic policy, etc., but if you vote assuming you know someones positions based on their party you will sometimes be wrong.

Most people, when they talk about social liberties do no actually want widespread liberty across the board. Both Democrats and Republicans want to limit your personal freedoms, they just disagree on what personal liberties you should and should not have. The guy or gal that wants to limit your ability to possess a firearm is more likely support freedom of marrying whoever you wish (as far as sex goes), and vice versa. The guy or gal that wants to keep abortion legal is more likely to want to restrict your choice in automobile safety (such as helmets for motorcyclists, and seat belts for passenger vehicles), and vice versa. Then there are issues where the far right and far left agree, but the moderates agree, such as drug laws.

I kind of liked Paul for a while, but then I found out that he has very close ties to the John Birch Society. Trust me, we dodged a bullet.

Don't know much about it, but I took a whole 3 minutes to get the headlines. On the face of it, doesn't look particularly menacing. Even if it were I wouldn't make assumptions that every member shared the same beliefs on every topic. Even if I am wrong, which I may be, dodging a bullet to jump in front of another bullet doesn't seem too great of an option either. Not to say Obama's presidency has not had any accomplishments, it has, it's had far too many pitfalls for it to be called a success by me.

03-03-2016, 06:57 PM
I refuse to vote for Drumpf or Hillary. I'll probably also be voting for Gary Johnson the second election in a row (or whoever the Libertarian candidate ends up being), I'd love to see a Libertarian carry 5% of the popular election and get a spot in the debates next election cycle. My vote is virtually worthless in CA as it is since Dems have a huge majority and we don't split our electoral votes.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
03-03-2016, 07:15 PM
(03-03-2016 11:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 11:00 AM)cjlr Wrote:  It's an atavistic behavioural response to a snake-like stimuli.

Additionally, an object that is very large to a cat suddenly appears where there was nothing just a second ago. It's not limited to cucumbers. You would jump too if you thought you were alone and doing something and you turn and suddenly there is huge object behind you.

I would, but many cats I've known and seen just don't seem to give two damns about any of that. They're just pleased and in their own world without much a jump at the threat of anything.

The thing I never liked about Ron Paul is how when you boil down what he thinks his ideal country would be looked like... it's not let the dead rot in the street like a fan in a debate crowd may like.. it's based on with less government aiding people, church groups and religious organizations are his source of where these aids come from. It's just his mentality that these good moral groups would fill and grow in areas that you leave government out of. It's not even a, everything will be fine with the businesses scope of the world some people do like. His goals were to have religion play even bigger roles in peoples lives than governments.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-03-2016, 10:56 PM
(03-03-2016 06:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 08:40 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I kind of liked Paul for a while, but then I found out that he has very close ties to the John Birch Society. Trust me, we dodged a bullet.

Don't know much about it, but I took a whole 3 minutes to get the headlines. On the face of it, doesn't look particularly menacing. Even if it were I wouldn't make assumptions that every member shared the same beliefs on every topic. Even if I am wrong, which I may be, dodging a bullet to jump in front of another bullet doesn't seem too great of an option either. Not to say Obama's presidency has not had any accomplishments, it has, it's had far too many pitfalls for it to be called a success by me.

Yes an almost fully scandal free presidency is such a let down after the Bush administration.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
04-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Read today that Jesse Ventura is thinking of running.

Jesse Ventura on presidential run: 'I'm considering it'
By Patrick Condon MARCH 4, 2016 — 1:33PM

http://www.startribune.com/ventura-on-pr...371079941/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-03-2016, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 06:35 PM by Dark Light.)
(03-03-2016 10:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 06:15 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Don't know much about it, but I took a whole 3 minutes to get the headlines. On the face of it, doesn't look particularly menacing. Even if it were I wouldn't make assumptions that every member shared the same beliefs on every topic. Even if I am wrong, which I may be, dodging a bullet to jump in front of another bullet doesn't seem too great of an option either. Not to say Obama's presidency has not had any accomplishments, it has, it's had far too many pitfalls for it to be called a success by me.

Yes an almost fully scandal free presidency is such a let down after the Bush administration.

Almost scandal-free?

NSA spying, Gun Smuggling to Mexico by the DEA, Bombing Third World Countries, Benghazi, State and Church abortion issues, elected democrats voting for gun restrictions while smuggling illegal guns overseas, spying on our allies, getting caught committing cyber warfare against iran nuclear program - then signing an awful deal with them allowing the mess we have now, using tax payer dollars to bail out corporations and banks who intentionally swindled the public, attempting to make deals with Putin in secret when politically convenient, broken healthcare reform, and so on, and so on...Almost scandle-free. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post