Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US
Even so much as a hiccup in resource control has repercussions that make all the other hot topics insignificant by comparison. We lost the option to mind our own business long ago.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Fatboldhobbit
I expect the non-radical muslims will understand that they are being discriminated against because of their religion.
How is it in their own interests, for them to be kept out?
Alla
I was talking about Muslims who are in the USA. They have to be protected from radical Muslims-terrorists.

Fatboldhobbit
This is even farther than when they stopped the Syrian refugees. A ban on Muslim immigration would ban all Muslims from any place. Any Muslim, any background, any country. All would be banned.
We are better than that.
Alla
Hmm, I find it very interesting. So, an atheist wants to have more religion and its followers and especially religion that supports Sharia Law and produces lots of terrorists. But who cares that Americans will die? Any way, most likely it is not going to be you. Right?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-12-2015, 08:07 PM
(10-12-2015 06:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  Hmm, I find it very interesting. So, an atheist wants to have more religion and its followers and especially religion that supports Sharia Law and produces lots of terrorists. But who cares that Americans will die? Any way, most likely it is not going to be you. Right?

Yes, I am an atheist. No I do not want more religion. However I try to dislike all religions equally, although christianity and islam both always manage to annoy me the most. But while I hold religions in contempt, I try not to do that with the followers.

I believe that it is our duty to help others in need, especially those who are in life threatening peril. We are fat, safe and healthy. There is no reason we cannot help.

As an aside: Do you understand the situation? 11 million people out of a population of 22 million, are refugees. Do you realize how bad it is over there?

Sharia law. Yes, this sucks ass. However that is why the US Constitution is set up the way it is, and that is why I support Separation of Church and State. So shit like that can't happen here.

And historically, the religions that have come into theocratic power have abused human rights equal to or worse than sharia law. That one is just the one that is going on now.

Dead Americans. Statistically, in a domestic terror incident, I would be just as likely as any other American to be killed. Same for my family and loved ones. In such a situation, the perpetrators would likely be white American males, with legally bought weapons.

Since I was a child, the government has always taught us fear. First it was the Russkies and the evil commie empire. Then it was the War on Drugs. Once the Soviet empire splintered, we got the War on Terror.

I am not willing to forsake my liberty and my humanity to be kept safe from the latest government bogeyman. There are people in need. We can help them.

If an atheist can understand this, why can't so many religious folks?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
10-12-2015, 09:01 PM
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Yes, I am an atheist. No I do not want more religion. However I try to dislike all religions equally, although christianity and islam both always manage to annoy me the most. But while I hold religions in contempt, I try not to do that with the followers.
I understand. You are very nice person.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I believe that it is our duty to help others in need, especially those who are in life threatening peril. We are fat, safe and healthy. There is no reason we cannot help.
I agree with you that we have to help those who are in need. Politicians create problems but regular people are victims.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  As an aside: Do you understand the situation? 11 million people out of a population of 22 million, are refugees. Do you realize how bad it is over there?
Yes, it is bad and sad.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Since I was a child, the government has always taught us fear. First it was the Russkies and the evil commie empire. Then it was the War on Drugs. Once the Soviet empire splintered, we got the War on Terror.
I am not willing to forsake my liberty and my humanity to be kept safe from the latest government bogeyman. There are people in need. We can help them.
I respect your position.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If an atheist can understand this, why can't so many religious folks?
I think they do. I do.
I am scared of Muslim terrorists. I don't want American people to die in horrible way. But I also do not want innocent Muslims to be round up like Germans were, or Japanese.
BTW, I am not Trump supporter. I don't trust him. And I am amazed how many conservatives do not care about any bad things he says. Unbelievable.

I think that the right solution is to destroy ISIS in Syria and in Iraq as soon as possible. So people can come back to their homes. Now we need to help them.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-12-2015, 10:32 PM
(10-12-2015 02:04 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I expect the non-radical muslims will understand that they are being discriminated against because of their religion.

How are their own interests our responsibility? Consider

The U.S. should not be the cop of the world, nor is it the social worker for the world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-12-2015, 11:21 PM
(10-12-2015 09:01 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Yes, I am an atheist. No I do not want more religion. However I try to dislike all religions equally, although christianity and islam both always manage to annoy me the most. But while I hold religions in contempt, I try not to do that with the followers.
I understand. You are very nice person.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I believe that it is our duty to help others in need, especially those who are in life threatening peril. We are fat, safe and healthy. There is no reason we cannot help.
I agree with you that we have to help those who are in need. Politicians create problems but regular people are victims.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  As an aside: Do you understand the situation? 11 million people out of a population of 22 million, are refugees. Do you realize how bad it is over there?
Yes, it is bad and sad.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Since I was a child, the government has always taught us fear. First it was the Russkies and the evil commie empire. Then it was the War on Drugs. Once the Soviet empire splintered, we got the War on Terror.
I respect your position.
(10-12-2015 08:07 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If an atheist can understand this, why can't so many religious folks?
I think they do. I do.
I am scared of Muslim terrorists. I don't want American people to die in horrible way. But I also do not want innocent Muslims to be round up like Germans were, or Japanese.
BTW, I am not Trump supporter. I don't trust him. And I am amazed how many conservatives do not care about any bad things he says. Unbelievable.

I think that the right solution is to destroy ISIS in Syria and in Iraq as soon as possible. So people can come back to their homes. Now we need to help them.

We must keep them out. There already isn't enough magic underwear to go around.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-12-2015, 12:39 AM
(10-12-2015 03:56 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 03:02 PM)bemore Wrote:  Should it not be the other way around???

Should the US not have been banned from muslims countries? Sticking their noses in and trying to police the whole world for their own purposes and security?

The U.S. has allies in the middle East. Should we not protect them?

Allies? How can a democratic country become allied with another country whos values are in complete opposition to their own???

Oh yeah thats right, they agree to sell oil in dolllars and buy lots of lovely, shiny new weapons from you.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-12-2015, 01:17 AM
(10-12-2015 10:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 02:04 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  I expect the non-radical muslims will understand that they are being discriminated against because of their religion.

How are their own interests our responsibility? Consider

The U.S. should not be the cop of the world, nor is it the social worker for the world.

US does attempt to claim the moral high ground of the world. Also I think FBH was referring to Muslim US citizens.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-12-2015, 03:08 AM
My dad is 87 and a right winger. He saw Trump on the TV today and said to me "This fella's an outright nutcase."

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
11-12-2015, 05:56 AM
(10-12-2015 10:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  How are their own interests our responsibility? Consider

Three reasons:

Reason #1: One of the main reasons ISIS exists is because we fucked up Iraq.

Reason #2: It is my belief that when you see a fellow human being dying, that the default position is to help them.

Reason #3: Our country has the time, money, people and equipment to help.

Restating: I am not advocating mercy towards Al-Qaeda, ISIS or Taliban. I am advocating humanitarian aid to refugees. The possibility does exist that terrorists will infiltrate the refugee population. But terrorists have already infiltrated our society and are already attacking us.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post