Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US
Radical Islam is getting just what it wants.

Unease. They want us to fear them. And it's working. Grab your guns their coming for you and your family's! They want us to turn on each other.

Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Commies!

Japs!

Wetbacks!

JEWS!

Brainwashing.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
08-12-2015, 05:16 PM
(08-12-2015 09:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  *Temporarily*

Media likes to focus on the first part of what he said but ignore the rest.

"It's until the country's representatives can figure out what's going on."

bwahahahahaha. You funny man. That's never gonna happen dude. For all practical purposes it's permanent.

(08-12-2015 09:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I see no problem with temporarily stopping Muslim immigration until we can improve the vetting process or until we stop the ISIS threat.

How you gonna know they're Muslim? Do they look different? Smell different? Immigration is not the problem, US Visas are the problem. They do not ask about religion and US consulars are forbidden from considering it. If I were a terrorist I would do exactly what the 9/11 terrorists did. Come in on a student, business, or tourist Visa. Immigrants and refugees are subject to way more scrutiny and it takes years.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-12-2015, 05:34 PM
(08-12-2015 04:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "I can't believe Trump would want to do something unconstitutional like this!! In unrelated news, we want to ban some guns." - Liberals

Strawman. I am a Liberal, I know a lot of Liberals, and I read a lot of stuff written by Liberals. I have not encountered a single person who wants to ban all guns. Some guns, maybe, but that is not unconstitutional. The "right to bear arms" was never intended to include any and every conceivable weapon. Even free speech has limits and exceptions.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-12-2015, 07:24 PM
(08-12-2015 04:09 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  "I can't believe Trump would want to do something unconstitutional like this!! In unrelated news, we want to ban some guns." - Liberals

Yes, the right to bear arms is one of the founding concepts of this country.

However so is the concept of immigration.

Perhaps you should read the constitution and the history of this country.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-12-2015, 07:50 PM

In unrelated news, that doesn't make it not unconstitutional.

08-12-2015, 08:07 PM
(08-12-2015 07:24 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Yes, the right to bear arms is one of the founding concepts of this country.

Yabut, there is also a history of xenophobia. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2015, 08:10 PM
(08-12-2015 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 07:24 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Yes, the right to bear arms is one of the founding concepts of this country.

Yabut, there is also a history of xenophobia. Drinking Beverage

Everything went to shit when they stopped letting the president duel on the whitehouse lawn.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
08-12-2015, 08:57 PM
(08-12-2015 08:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, there is also a history of xenophobia. Drinking Beverage

Yes there is.

It is time for us to grow up and stop being afraid of people that are different than us.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-12-2015, 09:23 PM
This thread was originally about prejudice and religion.
Since it is devolving into a gun control thread I feel obligated to clarify my stance on firearms.

I like guns. I've owned various firearms since I was 14. Let's just call it over thirty years. While I have not had military training, I have had multiple courses in gun safety and in the use of firearms. I have been (unofficially) trained by police officers and passed the qualifications courses. At one time I had a CCW permit.

I like shooting guns. The smell of gunpowder, the recoil, the smell of spent brass. Scoring targets. .22 rifles at summer camp, deer rifles, shotguns, pistols.

My experience being limited to civilian weapons, I've always been fascinated by military grade weapons. Assault rifles, SMGs, machine guns. If I had the money I probably own some myself (legally of course).

But I lost much of my enthusiasm after Sandy Hook. Too many dead babies. And every week the tally gets higher.

I don't support outlawing guns. But I do support stricter gun laws. If you can look at the situation in this country and not see a problem, then you need to look again.

[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-12-2015, 09:34 PM
(08-12-2015 09:23 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  If you can look at the situation in this country and not see a problem, then you need to look again.

I look at the situation in the world and see a problem, but I gave up on macro solutions long ago. I know what I'd do in a mass shooting whether I were armed or not, and I know how I'd treat a Muslim seeking my aid, face to face, if I had no reason to believe they were anything other than just another person trying to get by. The fact that their belief system is based on irrational false facts makes them more alike than different from the average person, atheists included.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post