Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: Trump wants to Ban Muslims from Entering US
(08-12-2015 07:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  And put the ones who are here in internment camps? Consider

Well not like you guys haven't done it before.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-12-2015, 01:40 AM
Everyone knows Muslims are like TV cops, if you ask them if they're a cop they have to tell you. It says so in the mooovies.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-12-2015, 07:32 AM
[Image: 2015-11-23-The-End-Of-Godwins-Law.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-12-2015, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 08:49 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
I really wish Trump would go away. I'm Republican but he honestly just isn't moderate enough for me. Someone like Chris Christie would work for me. But the media is at fault here. They attempt to make Trump look bad by using only the beginning of his sentence as their headline (just like this thread title), "Trump says ban all Muslims" and leaving out that he said ban Muslims entering the country until our leaders can "figure out what is going on." People react to the headline without reading the entire thing. The media purposely does this.

The problem is that Trump supporters are quick to point it out all over social media when this happens. And every time they do it voters hear about it and more switch to Trump. He seems to rise every time something like this gets taken out of context. Trump's rise is due to people being fed up with the usual politics, and the more the media plays its usual sound bite games the more jump on the Trump train.

If the media would stop making such a big deal of sound bites and just report what he really said, fully and in context, Trump would just be another boring candidate that would have fizzled out by now. The media is keeping him alive for ratings (money), exaggerating what he says to get more viewers and jack up their rates for advertising during the debates.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
09-12-2015, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 09:54 AM by Mr. Boston.)
What exactly does, "until our leaders can figure out what's going on," mean anyway? We've been intervening in Middle Eastern affairs since the advent of gasoline, how much time do we need to figure out what's going on? Some of them are radicalized, they have dismal economic prospects, they turn to violence because they hate our way of life and what they perceive as our intervention in their daily lives and culture. They want to bring down The Great Satan that is the Western world.

That's the big problem with Trump all he has is rhetoric. When asked what he would propose as an alternative to Obamacare he says, "something terrific." When asked HOW he would make Mexico pay for a wall and how he would "get tough on China for taking our jobs," he has no actual answers about what his policies would be. When asked about the economy he says he'll make America great again but won't say precisely how. He's taking the issues he knows Joe Sixpack is pissed off about and he's fanning the flames, nothing more. He gives no details because he has no actual plan.
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post
09-12-2015, 09:40 AM
(09-12-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I really wish Trump would go away. I'm Republican but he honestly just isn't moderate enough for me. Someone like Chris Christie would work for me. But the media is at fault here. They attempt to make Trump look bad by using only the beginning of his sentence as their headline (just like this thread title), "Trump says ban all Muslims" and leaving out that he said ban Muslims entering the country until our leaders can "figure out what is going on." People react to the headline without reading the entire thing. The media purposely does this.

The problem is that Trump supporters are quick to point it out all over social media when this happens. And every time they do it voters hear about it and more switch to Trump. He seems to rise every time something like this gets taken out of context. Trump's rise is due to people being fed up with the usual politics, and the more the media plays its usual sound bite games the more jump on the Trump train.

If the media would stop making such a big deal of sound bites and just report what he really said, fully and in context, Trump would just be another boring candidate that would have fizzled out by now. The media is keeping him alive for ratings (money), exaggerating what he says to get more viewers and jack up their rates for advertising during the debates.

I was on board the Chris Christie Train for a time. He was a fellow Jerseian, and he had a take no shit additude. My father a die hard republican HATES Chris. So much so they moved out of our life long home and state. Christie jacked housing taxes extremely high. My Father had already paid the house off, but threw taxes it was like paying a second mortgage. Plus the whole shutting down the bridge dick move.

As far as the media goes with you. They created this monster. But Trump still has said these things, and is unapologetic about it. And I don't know about you but my Facebook page is flood from all my republican friends on how great a savoir Trump would be. This scares me. Mostly because when asked what they like about him the comments are vacant and hollow.

"He's going to change this country." "He's got big plans." "He's got a lot of money."

"You're just a sheep! Trump is going to make this country great again."

I'm a swing voter. If I don't like any of the candidates I don't vote. If I do they get one from me. I'm not a liberal, i'm not a democrat, i'm not a republican. I've been leaning more on the democrats side this time around because the level of Crazy isn't so high.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
09-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Darth Cheney, the Sith Lord of the GOP says trump has gone too far

Jeb Bush and a few other GOP candidates, MSNBC, CNN.. and I still have a hard time believing this but even Fuxnews err I mean FoxNews has called out Trumps Bullshit

Ted Cruz didn't call trump out on his BS but sweet talks his way out of this while hiding the fact that he was planning bills exactly like trumps
09-12-2015, 02:38 PM
(09-12-2015 07:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The media is keeping him alive for ratings (money), exaggerating what he says to get more viewers and jack up their rates for advertising during the debates.

He's their bread and butter. They get money when people tune in and watch. It's kind of like how the media played the 2012 election up as a much closer race than it was. No one is going to watch for more than three seconds if their entire pitch is basically "Obama is almost certain to win".

(09-12-2015 09:20 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  What exactly does, "until our leaders can figure out what's going on," mean anyway?

It doesn't mean anything. It's something he added to make his position sound reasonable. You're talking about a guy who's been actively lying about a group of "predominantly Arab" people at an undisclosed location cheering about the 9/11 attacks.

He's playing on people's fear while trying to make it sound like he knows what he's being reasonable.
09-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Many people are so tired of political correctness that they want to say and to hear politically incorrect things.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
10-12-2015, 08:45 AM
A possible run as an Independent for Trump?

"However, the one thing Republicans have learned about Trump this year is that he is completely unpredictable -- and seems to have little allegiance to the GOP.

"The Republicans ought to be taking it seriously," said Nathan Daschle, President & COO of the Daschle Group. "There are some things we know about Trump. He’s concerned about himself, and he'll put his own interests way above the party's."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/10/politics/d...-campaign/

I’d say Trump would put his own interests above the country’s too.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce