Trump wants to charge stores a fee for accepting food stamps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 06:50 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
RE: Trump wants to charge stores a fee for accepting food stamps
(08-06-2017 06:34 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Oh, the fun has hardly even started. If one didn't know the true colours of Repubs, here's more ample evidence:

Republican Karen Handel: This is the fundamental difference between a liberal and a conservative. I do not support a livable wage. Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...77921.html

Greg Gianforte, who "body slammed" a reporter, has pleaded no contest to an assault charge. Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/politics/g...index.html

I can't believe that they're still using that "small businesses would be hurt..." line. We have ample evidence, from places like Australia for instance, that this is the opposite of the case, since people with more money to spend tend to spend it locally, at those retailers, driving up the local economies upon which small businesses depend.

The "fundamental difference" between liberals and the current crop of conservatives is that they live in Alternate Facts World™.

ETA: And if I was that judge, I'd refuse to accept the "No contest" plea... they don't have to accept a plea, even if the DA is on board with it. "No contest" means you are contending that you are innocent but don't have a way of defending yourself against the evidence the state is presenting. (The difference being that you can usually withdraw a NC plea at a later date, if exculpatory evidence you can use to disprove the prosecution's evidence turns up, such as DNA.) The appropriate plea for someone who is on audio AND with a hyper-conservative Fox News crew outright stating that you deliberately committed assault against a reporter from another news organization (whom they have no reason, other than human decency, to defend) is GUILTY, not No Contest.

The hubris is astounding. I wish I could say that this is a conservative vs. liberal thing, but I know damned well that there are dozens of Dems with just as much hubris.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-06-2017, 07:13 AM
If children, the disabled, and the elderly start to really suffer from malnutrition and starvation in America I will respond with violence. I've seen it overseas. I'm not tolerating it here. They better think hard. A hungry mob is an angry mob.
[+] 4 users Like I'mFred's post
08-06-2017, 08:05 PM
Quote:I can't believe that they're still using that "small businesses would be hurt..." line.

The morons who vote for them don't care. As long as they fuck over minorities they won't stop.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!