Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-01-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(25-12-2016 04:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The future belongs to those who embrace change, not those who are afraid of it ...
Trump is the "one step back" in the "two steps forward, one step back" paradigm.
I don't disagree, but I think this is now true only in the very long term sweep of history. I think everyone is way underestimating this. In this particular cycle it is two steps forward, then unhook all the safety restraints and jump, possibly all the way to the bottom. Trump is not just another run of the mill conservtard. He is a dangerous entitled infant running unsupervised through a mine field. If we get through this with the Republic intact it will be only because he is so spectacularly ignorant and incompetent that he may paralyze his whole administration with scandal and corruption before he can do too much damage via Twitter. And then we may well end up with Pence on top of it all.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
08-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Only 11 days until the most powerful nation on earth has a narcissistic loon at the helm, wonder how its gonna pan out for everyone. Sad
08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
(08-01-2017 09:50 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Only 11 days until the most powerful nation on earth has a narcissistic loon at the helm, wonder how its gonna pan out for everyone. Sad

I have a feeling that trump and his family will wear out their welcome with the American public very quickly.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-01-2017, 10:48 PM
(08-01-2017 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 09:50 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Only 11 days until the most powerful nation on earth has a narcissistic loon at the helm, wonder how its gonna pan out for everyone. Sad

I have a feeling that trump and his family will wear out their welcome with the American public very quickly.

There isn't a GOP president since I have been alive that has not been widely panned as an ignorant moron by their political opponents in the Democratic party. But to quote Reagan "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". It is that overconfidence in knowing how inferior and flawed Trump is that will be just how he wins. It is how he won his nomination and how he won the presidency.

Remember how "stupid" GWB was? Yet that "idiot" kept getting what he wanted.Trump didn't just stroll into becoming president. He beat two dynastic families in politics from both parties to get the nomination and become president.

While I agree he is likely a narcissist, I think we would all do well to not continue underestimating him. Trump is not an idiot. He may be uninformed or under-informed on matters he is now responsible for as president, but he didn't get to his position by being a fool.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
08-01-2017, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 11:12 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(08-01-2017 10:48 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have a feeling that trump and his family will wear out their welcome with the American public very quickly.

There isn't a GOP president since I have been alive that has not been widely panned as an ignorant moron by their political opponents in the Democratic party. But to quote Reagan "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so". It is that overconfidence in knowing how inferior and flawed Trump is that will be just how he wins. It is how he won his nomination and how he won the presidency.

Remember how "stupid" GWB was? Yet that "idiot" kept getting what he wanted.Trump didn't just stroll into becoming president. He beat two dynastic families in politics from both parties to get the nomination and become president. We're simply going by what he has said.

While I agree he is likely a narcissist, I think we would all do well to not continue underestimating him. Trump is not an idiot. He may be uninformed or under-informed on matters he is now responsible for as president, but he didn't get to his position by being a fool.

It's entirely possible to be an idiot in some aspects and not an idiot in other aspects, and it's entirely possible to be both an idiot and dangerous. And furthermore, based entirely on what Trump has said, he comes off as an idiot. If he didn't say so many stupid things, we wouldn't think he's an idiot.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
09-01-2017, 12:44 AM
(08-01-2017 10:48 PM)BryanS Wrote:  While I agree he is likely a narcissist, I think we would all do well to not continue underestimating him. Trump is not an idiot. He may be uninformed or under-informed on matters he is now responsible for as president, but he didn't get to his position by being a fool.

I think he got to his position by being an unscrupulous populist, which is a very direct route to power and even lunatics can do it. IMO he is there because he's not afraid to do some seriously shady mob-rule political tactics and his opponents while being no saints, have some scruples in that regard because they are genuinely interested in governance, whereas he's genuinely interested in himself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-01-2017, 02:46 AM

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
09-01-2017, 09:24 AM
(08-01-2017 10:48 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 10:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have a feeling that trump and his family will wear out their welcome with the American public very quickly.

Remember how "stupid" GWB was? Yet that "idiot" kept getting what he wanted.Trump didn't just stroll into becoming president. He beat two dynastic families in politics from both parties to get the nomination and become president.

One correction: Trump isn't really a "GOP president". He ran as a Republican, but until very late in the game, Republicans hated him as much as Democrats did, and I'd be surprised if sparks don't continue to fly between him and the Republican Congress after he's elected. He doesn't align all that well with the traditional agenda of either party.

As for being an "idiot", that's probably the wrong word. Let's just say that he's spectacularly ill-suited to be president.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
09-01-2017, 09:28 AM
(09-01-2017 09:24 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  As for being an "idiot", that's probably the wrong word. Let's just say that he's spectacularly ill-suited to be president.

Amen. He's an infantile bully with delusions of adequacy

http://secondnexus.com/arts-and-culture/...yl-streep/

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-01-2017, 09:58 AM
(09-01-2017 09:28 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 09:24 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  As for being an "idiot", that's probably the wrong word. Let's just say that he's spectacularly ill-suited to be president.

Amen. He's an infantile bully with delusions of adequacy

http://secondnexus.com/arts-and-culture/...yl-streep/

In just under 2 weeks we will be depending on this guy to protect us from ISIS and other assorted threats on the basis of information from intelligence operatives who he dismisses blithely. Dog help us.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Thread Closed