Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-01-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 10:35 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
RE: Trump will be president
(16-01-2017 10:10 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 09:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Republicans had 16 other candidates to choose from.

From safe picks like Kasich and Jeb to far right conservative Ted Cruz to non-politician Ben Carson to a woman like Carly Fiorina.

Trump won. When it got down to 3 candidates with Trump, safe candidate Kasich and far right conservative Cruz, Trump pulled over 53% in Indiana.

Republicans are just fine with Trump.
No, they're not. Many Republicans - a huge amount - never wanted Trump at all. But he won the primary and only because enough Republicans perceived the other candidates as even worse. That says A LOT about the incompetence of the Republican party as a whole right now that 17 candidates were that bad. So then, even the ones that didn't want him only had a choice between him and Clinton, and as I said, they simply liked Clinton less.

(16-01-2017 09:55 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I do anticipate however that there will be a rare challenge to a sitting president and we will have republican primary in 2020 like in 1976.
Why, because Republicans are just fine with Trump? Drinking Beverage

Republican voters are fine with Trump. 82% of republicans have a favorable opinion of Trump. http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump-...aign=tiles

Republican politicians want their party back. There is major butt hurt going on. Jeb is probably hiding in a closet somewhere.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
16-01-2017, 10:41 AM
(16-01-2017 10:18 AM)yakherder Wrote:  The democratic party didn't exactly shine either. Mr. Potato Head probably could have beaten Trump, but instead they choose the only person in the world who couldn't.
Agreed. If only Mr. Potato Head had run... Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
16-01-2017, 10:43 AM
(16-01-2017 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Republican voters are fine with Trump. 82% of republicans have a favorable opinion of Trump. http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump-...aign=tiles

Wasn't it just yesterday that you said that polls can't be trusted?
[+] 4 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
16-01-2017, 10:47 AM
(16-01-2017 10:43 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 10:26 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Republican voters are fine with Trump. 82% of republicans have a favorable opinion of Trump. http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump-...aign=tiles

Wasn't it just yesterday that you said that polls can't be trusted?

"Only polls I agree with can be trusted".

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
16-01-2017, 10:49 AM

Because it's right now during the interim period between election and office. There is no longer a choice and he hasn't yet had time to screw things up too badly. Everyone gets a free pass for awhile. It's a poll and most people of the same party aren't going to vote "unfavorable" before he even starts no matter what they're actually thinking. But, in case you missed it, his approval ratings are a full 15% behind what GW Bush had. Not a good sign.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
20-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Well. The day has arrived.

Many said it would never happen.

Very few gave Donald Trump a chance to become the nominee and even fewer thought he could win it all.

In less than 90 minutes Donald Trump will be president.

[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
20-01-2017, 09:45 AM
(20-01-2017 09:38 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  In less than 90 minutes Donald Trump will be president.

American democracy
July 4, 1776 to January 20, 2017

RIP
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
20-01-2017, 09:56 AM
Trump is in the limo with President Obama. The motorcade just left the Whitehouse headed to the capital.

Truly a historic moment.

20-01-2017, 10:12 AM
Indeed.

[Image: america_fucked18_3x5_area_rug.jpg?color=...;amp;qv=90]

The collapse of formerly strong nations is always "historic."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
20-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Good luck America lets just hope someone frags trumps ass soon.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
Thread Closed