Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-10-2016, 03:25 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(12-10-2016 03:14 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 03:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Mark Twain is never off-topic!
Anyone who can invent himself a name like that gets a vote from me!

You should read his speech on masturbation. Laugh out load It's called "Some Thoughts on the Science of Onanism"

It's sooooo off topic but who cares....here it is....

http://www.skeptictank.org/treasure/COWT...NANISM.TXT

Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-10-2016, 04:12 PM
[Image: 16c451079bf77cdeeab58a0584e17db6.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 10 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-10-2016, 04:22 PM
(12-10-2016 03:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 01:34 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Have you adjusted Grant's $450k for inflation, df2? If not that would be just under ten million now.

One does wonder what the two authors you mentioned earned during their writing careers, and what they did with it then. But I would rather see a lot of the scientists and medical people who worked for the good of the world get the credit rather than the politicians who foul almost everything they touch.

Lecture tours and after dinner speaking have been staple incomes for many kinds of people for well over a hundred years. Pity that worms like Tony Blair still had enough twats who liked him to support him and pay to listen to him after we were rid of him. Then some silly bugger gave him a job he was never suited for IMO. [/rant]

Wow, I didn't realize it would have been so much in today's currency. Thank you for that information. Grant was a Civil War general so I don't know if he got a pension from the military. I would suspect he probably got a small amount but not enough for a family to live on.

My great, great, great uncle was General Sherman who famously burned Atlanta, Georgia.....along with much of the countryside. He was asked to run for president after the war but declined. He was a good friend of Grants and attended his funeral. Sherman became good friends with several Civil War generals from the South he'd previously fought against and later attended their funerals too. Some of the Civil War military men had more respect for each other then than Republicans and Democrats do today.

Grant also lost a lot of the money he had left after the presidency because he invested a bunch of it with some guys who were running a Madoff-like investment scam.

Interesting that you're related to Sherman! I'm (a bit distantly) related to Grant on my father's side of the family.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
12-10-2016, 04:45 PM
(12-10-2016 03:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 03:14 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  Anyone who can invent himself a name like that gets a vote from me!

You should read his speech on masturbation. Laugh out load It's called "Some Thoughts on the Science of Onanism"

It's sooooo off topic but who cares....here it is....

http://www.skeptictank.org/treasure/COWT...NANISM.TXT

Big Grin

(12-10-2016 03:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Mark Twain is never off-topic!

We clear now?!?!
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-10-2016, 11:20 PM
[Image: hopetogrope.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
13-10-2016, 12:52 AM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-10-2016, 09:00 AM
(13-10-2016 12:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

If Richard Nixon hadn't been so paranoid about his perceived "enemies" he'd have been a great president. It amazes me that here he had the election wrapped up, it was going to be landslide against McGovern, but no, that wasn't enough for him. He had to send out a bunch of crooks to break into the Watergate Hotel. Amazing

So many presidents have some sort of blind spot in their personality that affects their presidency. Read the books on LBJ by Robert Caro.

I can't imagine the blind spots that Donald Trump has. He has one of the most defective personality disorders of any candidate for presidency.....ever. He can't see beyond himself. He's surrounded by mental mirrors of himself. He's a very sick man.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-10-2016, 09:06 AM
true. I'd like your post but you know, the gag reflex kicked in again.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Everything would be fine if we just repealed that pesky 19th Amendment. Whose idea was that anyway?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-10-2016, 10:15 AM
(13-10-2016 10:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Everything would be fine if we just repealed that pesky 19th Amendment. Whose idea was that anyway?

[Image: uppity_zpsd1f24f41.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
Thread Closed