Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-10-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(14-10-2016 08:31 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 08:19 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  It borders on sedition in places, but only borders so far as I can see.

But there are certainly echos of a certain late right wing dictator (carefully avoids actual name... Godwin watches) and he certainly is, since his followers are, rabble rowsing.

I wouldn’t characterize it as sedition, perhaps more like misplaced anger.
I also want to say here that his supporters (the deplorable half Wink ) are much more likely to be disaffected and even well-meaning as well as terribly misguided. I say this because as I have already said in another thread I have friends and family voting for him and they are neither deplorable, rabble rousing or otherwise prone to violence.

My fear is with that minority that can be characterized as tin-foil hat wearing, gun-toting, victim-minded sect without self control. Those people, while not numerous, can be dangerous.

I see what you say. I was remembering the footage of the crowds at his meetings, looked pretty rabble-ish to me. Perhaps the most peaceful ones don't go to those sort of events and listen to it first hand! Smile

But, there again, those sort of meetings care a bit more, er, British over here. Though I have to admit the shouting and whistling is creeping in.

And the strong arm tactics with the nationalist far right fringe...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2016, 01:32 PM
A part of me feels sorry for an earlier Donald. Something seriously fucked up happened to him in the formative years. he had no chance. Notice how he continually uses the word "disgusting" to describe any person he opposes, even when it is an awkward and inappropriate choice of words? He is projecting, I think one or both parents used that word to describe him. He was disgusting Donald I have little doubt.
Of course, in the context of today, with his megalomaniacal power tripping bastardliness, it is fuck him all the way.
14-10-2016, 01:46 PM
(14-10-2016 01:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  A part of me feels sorry for an earlier Donald. Something seriously fucked up happened to him in the formative years. he had no chance. Notice how he continually uses the word "disgusting" to describe any person he opposes, even when it is an awkward and inappropriate choice of words? He is projecting, I think one or both parents used that word to describe him. He was disgusting Donald I have little doubt.
Of course, in the context of today, with his megalomaniacal power tripping bastardliness, it is fuck him all the way.

Or had "disgusting" habits like those "disgusting" ordinary people out there. Was maybe even told of those "disgusting" IR officials...

As Philip Larkin had it:

“They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style hats and coats,
Who half the time were soppy-stern
And half at one another's throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
And don't have any kids yourself.”

[+] 4 users Like Gloucester's post
14-10-2016, 01:47 PM
I didn't.
have any kids, that is.
14-10-2016, 01:50 PM
[Image: ff784986dfb7fa5dfd9de18562e096437e5ec86e...4c91_1.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
14-10-2016, 01:51 PM
(14-10-2016 01:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  I didn't.
have any kids, that is.

Nor me!

14-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Me either.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-10-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm in that club, too.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2016, 03:19 PM
I am in great company.
14-10-2016, 03:22 PM
I did but now they're grown up I like themTongue
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
Thread Closed