Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-10-2016, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 04:58 PM by Marozz.)
RE: Trump will be president
I checked the odds for who will win the election at my local bookmakers, and they usually get it spot on. At the moment the odds are :

Hillary Clinton : 2/9
Donald Trump : 7/2

The Next President to be any person other than Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton : 10/1

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2016, 05:12 PM
(10-10-2016 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will win. Book it. Write it down. Quote me.

I'm going to lay out my reasons for why Trump wins.

1. Lower democrat turnout than 2012. No Obama this time means African Americans won't be as motivated. Higher hispanic turnout won't make much difference as they are concentrated in areas Trump won't win anyway.

2. Bernie supporters (the youth vote) will stay home. Especially after the Wikileaks emails released today. Those video game controllers will be hard to put down for Hillary.

3. Hidden Trump support. 21 million registered voters failed to show up in 2012. Most of them white. They will show up this time.

So there you go. I'm out until the election is over. I will come back to gloat.

Or cry.

I'll look forward to your return. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-10-2016, 05:18 PM
(10-10-2016 04:20 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 04:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I wouldn't be so sure. A new post-tape NBC poll came out today that has Hillary ahead of Trump by 14% in a two-way race and by 11% in a four-way race. That seems like an insurmountably big lead to me.

A poll of 500 people, a majority of which were democrats.

Polls are phony.

(10-10-2016 04:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If the Apprentice tape where Donald calls someone the n-word ends up coming out--I think African Americans may be more motivated than you think to vote for Hillary.

If that is true, all bets are off. I won't even vote for him.

Have a great October everyone.

Best wishes.

The world will need major help if Donald Trump is elected. This country will never recover from this fascist dictator and you're a fucking idiot for supporting this lunatic.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-10-2016, 05:21 PM
(10-10-2016 05:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will win. Book it. Write it down. Quote me.

1. Lower democrat turnout than 2012. No Obama this time means African Americans won't be as motivated. Higher hispanic turnout won't make much difference as they are concentrated in areas Trump won't win anyway.

2. Bernie supporters (the youth vote) will stay home. Especially after the Wikileaks emails released today. Those video game controllers will be hard to put down for Hillary.

3. Hidden Trump support. 21 million registered voters failed to show up in 2012. Most of them white. They will show up this time.

Or cry.

I'll look forward to your return. Smile
I'm looking forward to his departure now on the topic. That's the first hurdle.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
10-10-2016, 05:24 PM

Or cry.

This is the second time he has done this. Last time it was Jeb Bush he gave his 100% guarantee about. Given Nate Silver's prediction record against our boy here I think it is safe to say FiveThirtyEight is the better choice for betting instructions.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-10-2016, 05:48 PM

Or cry.

You forgot one massive point: women's vote. Trump is very unpopular when it comes to women, even less than your standard Republican candidate who struggle to gain over 45% of women's vote. Hillary, on the other side, is more popular toward them than most Democrate candidate. Women represent about half of all electors and while their turnout is usually lower than those of men electors, the presence of a woman in the race (and that of a particularly horrible candidate in the form of Trump/Pence) could lead them to go vote in larger number than usual. Ironically, if the Republican don't solve their image (and policy) issues with women, they might bar themselves from the presidency as women invest themselves more and more in the electoral process.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
10-10-2016, 06:07 PM
[Image: 11jjw8.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
10-10-2016, 06:11 PM
God willing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-10-2016, 06:22 PM
(10-10-2016 05:48 PM)epronovost Wrote:  

You forgot one massive point: women's vote.

The male-female gap is 19 percentage points for Drumpf—47% support among men versus only 28% among women. Unless he gains a lot more of the female vote, he's dead in the water. Estimates have put the female voter turnout at 52% to 54% overall.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
10-10-2016, 06:30 PM

Or cry.
Your #1 is clearly wrong. It should say wishful thinking. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Thread Closed