Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
24-10-2016, 03:03 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(23-10-2016 09:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(23-10-2016 09:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  In NZ, we don't have "the people" voting for party leaders. The party's themselves workout who will be their own leaders and then they present a united front come election time.

I woulda thought if it was an internal vote then Trump possibly wouldn't have been voted, they would have picked someone with much more political nous and ability to debate actual policies. You guys end up having vicious campaigns for leaders and then the Republicans that lose out, don't really want to vote for the winner a.k.a. Trump.

I must say, it appears that even the debates (Republican vs Democrats) then get into smear campaigns andviscious personal attacks rather than the actual policies that each party represents. It seems to almost be a popularity contest for the leader rather than the party and policies.
That's what American individualism is all about

Ah, the (Dis-)United (People) States?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
24-10-2016, 09:41 AM
(21-10-2016 02:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 02:19 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  FiveThirtyEight also has her with an almost 87% of winning and said she pretty much wrapped it up Wednesday night.

Trump has a 13% chance of winning. That's a fairly good chance considering he has ZERO political experience. ZERO debate experience. ZERO media support. He has also spent considerably less.

Fairly good? That's like saying the Browns have a fairly good chance of beating the Patriots even though their offense is worse, their defense is worse, their special teams are worse, and their coaching is worse.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
24-10-2016, 02:37 PM
(24-10-2016 09:41 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(21-10-2016 02:41 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump has a 13% chance of winning. That's a fairly good chance considering he has ZERO political experience. ZERO debate experience. ZERO media support. He has also spent considerably less.

Fairly good? That's like saying the Browns have a fairly good chance of beating the Patriots even though their offense is worse, their defense is worse, their special teams are worse, and their coaching is worse.

It's fairly good in that it's non-zero, and that's actually kinda terrifying. 1 in 7 chance is a lot.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-10-2016, 03:08 PM
What Hitler thinks about the election... Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-10-2016, 08:39 AM
The ACA could doom Clinton.

The open enrollment period starts Nov 1st. Once people login and see the average 22% increase (74% increase here where I live in Arizona) they won't be too happy. A lot of markets have only 1 or 2 options with most insurers dropping out.

A full 7 days before election. She bettter hope people are procrastinators and don't see the increases until after the election.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
25-10-2016, 08:49 AM
(25-10-2016 08:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The ACA could doom Clinton.

The open enrollment period starts Nov 1st. Once people login and see the average 22% increase (74% increase here where I live in Arizona) they won't be too happy. A lot of markets have only 1 or 2 options with most insurers dropping out.

A full 7 days before election. She bettter hope people are procrastinators and don't see the increases until after the election.

I don’t think it will doom her simply because this isn’t an election based on one single topic. Having said that the ACA is a huge burden on my own family. We’re down to one provider where I live and the monthly payments along with the high deductible would floor you. Undecided

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...ge%2Fstory

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-10-2016, 09:01 AM
(25-10-2016 08:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 08:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The ACA could doom Clinton.

I don’t think it will doom her simply because this isn’t an election based on one single topic. Having said that the ACA is a huge burden on my own family. We’re down to one provider where I live and the monthly payments along with the high deductible would floor you. Undecided

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...ge%2Fstory

And you will still vote for her? Even though you know you'll have an ACA price increase and higher taxes after she implements her tax plan? A Trump presidency means more money in my pocket.

25-10-2016, 09:08 AM
(25-10-2016 09:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And you will still vote for her? Even though you know you'll have an ACA price increase and higher taxes after she implements her tax plan? A Trump presidency means more money in my pocket.
Keep telling yourself that. A Trump presidency means more money in his pocket. It's really very obvious that this is all he cares about and what he truly means by "Let's make America great again"... for him. Clinton says she will fix ACA. Granted, saying and doing aren't the same, but I'll gladly take my chances because America will still be better off without Trump as President even if she doesn't fix it.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
25-10-2016, 09:08 AM
I'll also add, the candidates in the senate race should really hit on this over the next few weeks. Even if this doesn't help Trump the ACA could hurt democrats on the ballot according to some articles I have read this morning.

25-10-2016, 09:10 AM
(25-10-2016 09:08 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 09:01 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  And you will still vote for her? Even though you know you'll have an ACA price increase and higher taxes after she implements her tax plan? A Trump presidency means more money in my pocket.
Keep telling yourself that. A Trump presidency means more money in his pocket. It's really very obvious that this is all he cares about and what he truly means by "Let's make America great again"... for him. Clinton says she will fix ACA. Granted, saying and doing aren't the same, but I'll gladly take my chances because America will still be better off without Trump as President even if she doesn't fix it.

How will she fix it with a republican house? She will get nothing passed unless its a full repeal.

Thread Closed