Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-10-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(25-10-2016 04:24 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Re: The "Trump Will Be President" Bet

Rather than an avatar of Hillary in garters, can the admins simply change his username to Lord Purple Helmet?

When she wins, and she will win epically, I will create a thread and ask fellow TTA members to supply photos of Hillary that they'd like to see LDH have as his avatar. Then I'll pick the top five or so and have a poll, which LDH will say is rigged. And the winner will be the one I submit to him for the transaction.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
25-10-2016, 06:53 PM
All bets aside, I want to know what you all will be feeling on November 8th or 9th after the race is called. What if Trump wins? Seriously think about it. According to 538 he has a 15% chance. What if african Americans don't show up like they did for Obama? What if the youth vote falls back to pre-Obama numbers? What if a large portion of the mostly white 20 million registered voters that failed to vote in 2012 show up this time? They aren't counted in the polls as likely voters because they didn't vote last time.

Or

What if she wins but the dems fall short on the senate 51 to 49? The senate situation is terrible for the dems in 2018 so they won't win it back then either. Lame duck status for 4 years. No supreme court pics. No agenda. Nothing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
25-10-2016, 07:57 PM
(25-10-2016 06:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  All bets aside, I want to know what you all will be feeling on November 8th or 9th after the race is called. What if Trump wins? Seriously think about it. According to 538 he has a 15% chance. What if african Americans don't show up like they did for Obama? What if the youth vote falls back to pre-Obama numbers? What if a large portion of the mostly white 20 million registered voters that failed to vote in 2012 show up this time? They aren't counted in the polls as likely voters because they didn't vote last time.

Or

What if she wins but the dems fall short on the senate 51 to 49? The senate situation is terrible for the dems in 2018 so they won't win it back then either. Lame duck status for 4 years. No supreme court pics. No agenda. Nothing.

You've got to put all your eggs in one basket
You've got to count your chickens before they hatch
You better make a mountain out of a molehill
You've got to find yourself an itch to scratch

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
25-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Your what-ifs are as plentiful as the women Drumpf has sexually assaulted. The early numbers are already proving your what-ifs won't happen. And the polls made the switch to "likely voters" a month ago, so they are extremely more accurate than registered voters. It's over. We won't have to wonder what-if. Dems win the WH, the Senate and make strides in the House. She names three Supreme Court justices before her first term is up, they all get approved in a landslide and Roe v. Wade is secure until you die.

And interesting you didn't remark about my earlier post and your prized poll.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
25-10-2016, 08:18 PM
Regardless of what happens, whether we move from the election to the utopia both candidates seem intent on achieving or the shithole their opposition is worried they will turn the country into, I'll do what I always do. Assess my situation, identify the real problems that exist as a priority, identify possible problems that my paranoia comes up with, create objectives to deal with both, overcome them and move forward or die trying. Neither of these clowns can change that reality.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-10-2016, 09:25 PM
(25-10-2016 04:44 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 04:24 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Re: The "Trump Will Be President" Bet

Rather than an avatar of Hillary in garters, can the admins simply change his username to Lord Purple Helmet?

When she wins, and she will win epically, I will create a thread and ask fellow TTA members to supply photos of Hillary that they'd like to see LDH have as his avatar. Then I'll pick the top five or so and have a poll, which LDH will say is rigged. And the winner will be the one I submit to him for the transaction.

Might as well start submitting photos.

[Image: 75089d2c8883479a74f73ecf4ed31f34.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-10-2016, 10:29 PM
(25-10-2016 06:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  All bets aside, I want to know what you all will be feeling on November 8th or 9th after the race is called. What if Trump wins? Seriously think about it. According to 538 he has a 15% chance. What if african Americans don't show up like they did for Obama? What if the youth vote falls back to pre-Obama numbers? What if a large portion of the mostly white 20 million registered voters that failed to vote in 2012 show up this time? They aren't counted in the polls as likely voters because they didn't vote last time.

Or

I don't think the republicans can put off SCOTUS, remember in two years there's another election and people will be very pissed by then. If the republicans go the sour grape route, theyll have to change their name again -- because they will go by way of the Whigs.

Also you have to remember in the event of a tie in the senate, the veep gets to vote. Also, I doubt because they really want to keep their phony balcony jobs, I'm sure a few would jump ship and vote with the democrats.

You also didn't mention other options...

Like what if Clinton wins the presidency and the house...and senate?

What if all the people horrified by the idea of a trump presidency vote for democrats? (Sure they might hate Clinton, but don't think for a moment that they don't feel let down by the Republican Party choice for potus.)

You know women voters, gays, blacks, latinos, parents of special needs kids, and many other groups -- all realize the Republican Party truly doesn't give a shit about them.

All those people trump has pissed off...I was actually told by a trump person campaigning that Trump doesn't want my vote. I can only assume all the other republicans running don't want my vote either.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it certainly could.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-10-2016, 10:43 PM
(25-10-2016 10:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...
You also didn't mention other options...

Or another scenario...

What if Murikans are actually following the news, watched the debates and are up-to-date on the Wikileaks?

They'll consider it to be in the bag for Clinton but rather than staying at home (thinking it's a foregone conclusion) go out and make a protest vote in favour of Johnson or Stein ... particularly those hundreds of thousands whose (potential) vote didn't count in the primaries.

What if a few million people write in "Sanders"?

That'll be fun.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-10-2016, 10:45 PM
(25-10-2016 06:53 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  All bets aside, I want to know what you all will be feeling on November 8th or 9th after the race is called.

Relief that the US won't be subjecting the rest of the world to the insanity that is their political system for another 4 years. Your two party system has a failed electorate.

Quote:What if Trump wins? Seriously think about it.

Already did. Seriously. If Trump wins I will have far greater concerns than the short-lived gloating of his toadies.

I'd have been unhappy if McCain or Romney had won but I would not have feared the future of the human race. I had concerns about W, along with most of the rest of the planet, but he was merely incompetent and thus easily managed.

Trump is an entirely different matter. You've made your prediction, so here's mine. Write it down. If Trump wins he will go down to be the single worst president in the history of the US. In a best case scenario you're looking at financial ruin that will make 2008 look like a picnic. His incompetence, arrogance and general lack of humanity will ass-fuck your nation in ways you can't even comprehend yet.

Quote:What if she wins but the dems fall short on the senate 51 to 49? The senate situation is terrible for the dems in 2018 so they won't win it back then either. Lame duck status for 4 years. No supreme court pics. No agenda. Nothing.

Aw. Gee. Darn. Hilary doesn't get everything she wants. Shucks. Eek.

It means four more years of financial stagnation because the US political system is still busy making a rock so big it can't move it but I won't worry that there's a lunatic running the US. Well, not an obvious and incompetent one anyway.

Complete stonewalling by the Senate for four years will make the Republicans look like the sort of incompetent partisans who'd rather run the economy over a cliff than budge an inch. Remember how brilliantly that one played out? Have fun with 2018 and 2020 because you can likely count on Trump heading a splinter party pandering to the bigotted right.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 5 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-10-2016, 10:50 PM

Or

In order for Trump to win, (nasty) WOMEN would have to not vote.
Like that's gonna fucking happen.

Facepalm

How would they feel ? The SAME thing they felt the day Dubya Republican Bush won, to take the country to a stupid war, allow 9/11 to happen, and allow the WORST recession since the great one.
What would they think ? They would think "Stupid 'Murucans need to learn shit the hard way, again".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Thread Closed