Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-10-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(28-10-2016 09:39 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Interesting article on election rigging.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=141679

George Soros thinks Hillary will win. How interesting.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
28-10-2016, 10:20 AM

lol, get a load of the sidebars.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with a source a little more credible ... rather than credulous.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
28-10-2016, 11:24 AM
(28-10-2016 09:45 AM)tomilay Wrote:  

George Soros thinks Hillary will win. How interesting.

Has he put his money on her?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-10-2016, 11:26 AM
(28-10-2016 10:20 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

lol, get a load of the sidebars.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with a source a little more credible ... rather than credulous.

Blimely, talk about Conspiracy Theory Central!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Oh for fuck's sake, didn't you even think to check Snopes before you posted that, KUSA? Short version: he was talking about the fact that the Republicans were battling to win the primaries, while Clinton and the Dems were working on winning the general election (since there were no real competitors to Hillary's nomination, despite Bernie's attempt).

From Snopes:

Rigged Confession
An altered video twists the words of billionaire Democrat George Soros to create the impression he made a conspiratorial prediction about the 2016 presidential election.

CLAIM: Billionaire George Soros predicted Donald Trump will win the popular vote by a landslide but lose to Hillary Clinton because the election is rigged.

FALSE

http://www.snopes.com/george-soros-trump...done-deal/

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-10-2016, 01:45 PM
(27-10-2016 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 06:08 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Too many loopholes in the background checking process. EG: If the FBI hasn't returned the check results within a 3-day period, you get the gun regardless.

No civilian has any justifiable requirement to possess an assault weapon—such as the semi-automatic Colt AR-15. Semi-autos are banned in Australia; why not in the US?

The AR platform is modular, light weight, accurate, and maintainable. It is the most popular sporting rifle in the U.S.
I don't think drawing attention to the popularity of a particular gun strengthens an argument against banning it.

Sure it's popular, so what?

I think if we consider the features many hunters want:
Accurate
Powerful enough for rabbits, coyotes, goats, cats, boar and pigs, etc
Modular (I assume this means you can alter components or add components such as scope)
Light weight
Maintainable (I'm using Chas' list as I've not used many guns, certainly not an AR-15)

If you consider the concerns some people have regarding safety:
Worried about mass shootings with rapid fire guns coupled with high capacity magazines or ability to reload very quickly.

So regarding a gun that could suit hunters as well as those people concerned with public safety. Could manufacturers incorporate all these characteristics into a gun?
If we think about a theoretical adaptation of the AR-15 (using it as a starting point).
Could the gun, instead of having a detachable magazine, could it instead have a fixed magazine or "reserve" (not sure of the technical term for it) but a component that could store at maximum 6 bullets. One that would take at least 5-10 seconds to reload once the reserve is empty?
I don't see how this would impact a hunter. Do they really need more that 6 bullets on the go?
The modularity seems a bit risky, could the owner modify the gun into something more dangerous to the public? Would there be the ability to build into the modularity some safety guards to seriously hamper turning the gun more dangerous?

Another aspect of the AR-15 isn't a functional aspect but is about asthetics.
The reason why the asthetics is troublesome is that it plays to the mindset of the owner of the gun.
Does the AR-15 have to be styled to mimic an AK-47 (a gun of war)?
And does it have to be named "AR" which is an acronym for Assault Rifle.
I can see why non gun people often make the mistake that the gun is an Assault Rifle. Why has the gun been marketed this way? Would sales reduce if the gun didn't have "AR" would they reduce if the gun looked more like a hunting rifle and less like a war rifle?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
28-10-2016, 02:00 PM
(28-10-2016 01:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  The AR platform is modular, light weight, accurate, and maintainable. It is the most popular sporting rifle in the U.S.
I don't think drawing attention to the popularity of a particular gun strengthens an argument against banning it.

Sure it's popular, so what?

I think if we consider the features many hunters want:
Accurate
Powerful enough for rabbits, coyotes, goats, cats, boar and pigs, etc
Modular (I assume this means you can alter components or add components such as scope)
Light weight
Maintainable (I'm using Chas' list as I've not used many guns, certainly not an AR-15)

If you consider the concerns some people have regarding safety:
Worried about mass shootings with rapid fire guns coupled with high capacity magazines or ability to reload very quickly.

So regarding a gun that could suit hunters as well as those people concerned with public safety. Could manufacturers incorporate all these characteristics into a gun?
If we think about a theoretical adaptation of the AR-15 (using it as a starting point).
Could the gun, instead of having a detachable magazine, could it instead have a fixed magazine or "reserve" (not sure of the technical term for it) but a component that could store at maximum 6 bullets. One that would take at least 5-10 seconds to reload once the reserve is empty?
I don't see how this would impact a hunter. Do they really need more that 6 bullets on the go?
The modularity seems a bit risky, could the owner modify the gun into something more dangerous to the public? Would there be the ability to build into the modularity some safety guards to seriously hamper turning the gun more dangerous?

Another aspect of the AR-15 isn't a functional aspect but is about asthetics.
The reason why the asthetics is troublesome is that it plays to the mindset of the owner of the gun.
Does the AR-15 have to be styled to mimic an AK-47 (a gun of war)?
And does it have to be named "AR" which is an acronym for Assault Rifle.
I can see why non gun people often make the mistake that the gun is an Assault Rifle. Why has the gun been marketed this way? Would sales reduce if the gun didn't have "AR" would they reduce if the gun looked more like a hunting rifle and less like a war rifle?

So much misinformation. The AR-15 is the civilian version of the M16. Not Ak47. And AR does not stand for Assault rifle. It stands for Armalite Rifle, the company that designed it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
28-10-2016, 02:17 PM
LDH. Do you really think Trump is fit to be president???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-10-2016, 02:28 PM
(28-10-2016 02:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  LDH. Do you really think Trump is fit to be president???

Fit? Sure. He meets the requirements set in the constitution. The majority of vets and active duty support him over Hillary. He isn't well spoken. He isn't a lawyer. He comes off as raw. But I like a lot of his ideas and his list of potential supreme court picks. He will surround himself with people who will keep him in check, and we have a congress for checks and balances.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
28-10-2016, 02:38 PM
(28-10-2016 02:28 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 02:17 PM)Banjo Wrote:  LDH. Do you really think Trump is fit to be president???

Fit? Sure. He meets the requirements set in the constitution. The majority of vets and active duty support him over Hillary. He isn't well spoken. He isn't a lawyer. He comes off as raw. But I like a lot of his ideas and his list of potential supreme court picks. He will surround himself with people who will keep him in check, and we have a congress for checks and balances.

Wow. How about Chancellor?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
Thread Closed