Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-10-2016, 08:12 AM
RE: Trump will be president
The FBI probe is a bit worrying Willhop may have to change his avatar to Trump after all Sad
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2016, 08:56 AM
(29-10-2016 08:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The FBI probe is a bit worrying Willhop may have to change his avatar to Trump after all Sad

Laughat

Read the Newsweek article. I posted it in the "reopen" thread. She did nothing wrong and it didn't even involve her. She still wins by 5%.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2016, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2016 10:13 AM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(29-10-2016 08:56 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(29-10-2016 08:12 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The FBI probe is a bit worrying Willhop may have to change his avatar to Trump after all Sad

Laughat

Read the Newsweek article. I posted it in the "reopen" thread. She did nothing wrong and it didn't even involve her. She still wins by 5%.

Newsweek has been discredited. They were wrong about it only being 3 new emails being investigated. There is ZERO proof it has nothing to do with her, until you hear it from Comey himself. They found emails on her server that were labeled classified. There's a possibility here that those classified emails ended up over at Huma Abedin's house unprotected. Not saying that is for sure, but that's obviously what the FBI is looking for.

Here is another reason why sources saying Hillary wasn't involved here are wrong. The Comey statement said they were going to "take appropriate steps to obtain and review them." The FBI hasn't even seen them yet. So any source that says Hillary isn't involved is full of shit. The FBI hasn't even seen them yet.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
29-10-2016, 09:32 AM
On another topic there was an article in the independent newspaper that suggested that given the current international tension and the Russian military build up and civil defence preparation that ironically a vote for drumf could be a vote for peace being as he admires Putin and is less likely to escalate a tricky situation than Clinton IDK how true that is but its interesting nonetheless.
29-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Trump will be president
(28-10-2016 02:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  Never before Trump did it occur to me that candidates should undergo a psychiatric evaluation. I now think they should.

Hillary would delete the results and bribe everyone involved to release a different one to the public.
29-10-2016, 10:38 AM
(29-10-2016 10:05 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(28-10-2016 02:50 PM)Dom Wrote:  Never before Trump did it occur to me that candidates should undergo a psychiatric evaluation. I now think they should.

Hillary would delete the results and bribe everyone involved to release a different one to the public.
She doesn't need to she's not the loony Big Grin
29-10-2016, 10:49 AM
(29-10-2016 09:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Newsweek has been discredited.

Even if it is, it is better to refute the claim than just out right dismiss it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-10-2016, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2016 08:09 PM by Full Circle.)
Great quote from 538:

"...to those Trump supporters who feel the news media is rigged against them. From the outside, consensus and conspiracy look awfully similar."

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clin...ment-race/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-10-2016, 09:17 PM
(28-10-2016 01:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(27-10-2016 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  The AR platform is modular, light weight, accurate, and maintainable. It is the most popular sporting rifle in the U.S.
I don't think drawing attention to the popularity of a particular gun strengthens an argument against banning it.

Sure it's popular, so what?

It is popular because of its attributes listed above.

Quote:I think if we consider the features many hunters want:
Accurate
Powerful enough for rabbits, coyotes, goats, cats, boar and pigs, etc

The typical caliber for an AR-platform rifle is not a high power cartridge, it is a medium caliber. It is too much for rabbits and not enough for boar.
Because the AR platform is modular, many calibers can be accommodated for different purposes.

Quote:Modular (I assume this means you can alter components or add components such as scope)
Light weight
Maintainable (I'm using Chas' list as I've not used many guns, certainly not an AR-15)

If you consider the concerns some people have regarding safety:
Worried about mass shootings with rapid fire guns coupled with high capacity magazines or ability to reload very quickly.

And those shootings are rare compared to killings with other firearms or to the 8+ million AR rifles out there.

Quote:So regarding a gun that could suit hunters as well as those people concerned with public safety. Could manufacturers incorporate all these characteristics into a gun?

They have - it's the AR.

Quote:If we think about a theoretical adaptation of the AR-15 (using it as a starting point).
Could the gun, instead of having a detachable magazine, could it instead have a fixed magazine or "reserve" (not sure of the technical term for it)

The term is 'magazine'.

Quote: but a component that could store at maximum 6 bullets. One that would take at least 5-10 seconds to reload once the reserve is empty?

Sure, that is technically possible.

Quote:I don't see how this would impact a hunter. Do they really need more that 6 bullets on the go?

Hunting is not the only purpose.

Quote:The modularity seems a bit risky, could the owner modify the gun into something more dangerous to the public?

Like what?

Quote:Would there be the ability to build into the modularity some safety guards to seriously hamper turning the gun more dangerous?

It is impossible to say since you give no example of what needs to be guarded against.

Quote:Another aspect of the AR-15 isn't a functional aspect but is about asthetics.
The reason why the asthetics is troublesome is that it plays to the mindset of the owner of the gun.
Does the AR-15 have to be styled to mimic an AK-47 (a gun of war)?

It isn't. Those are different rifles.

Quote:And does it have to be named "AR" which is an acronym for Assault Rifle.

No, it isn't. It stands for 'Armalite Rifle'. Armalite was the company that designed it. They have also produced the AR-1, the AR-10, the AR-18, ...

Quote:I can see why non gun people often make the mistake that the gun is an Assault Rifle. Why has the gun been marketed this way?

What do you mean by "marketed this way"?

Quote:Would sales reduce if the gun didn't have "AR" would they reduce if the gun looked more like a hunting rifle and less like a war rifle?

Why should it not be called 'AR'? Because of your misunderstanding of its meaning?

What does it matter what it looks like?

Do you know that nearly every firearm design is based on some military arm design or technology?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2016, 10:01 PM
(29-10-2016 09:15 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-10-2016 08:56 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Laughat

Newsweek has been discredited. They were wrong about it only being 3 new emails being investigated. There is ZERO proof it has nothing to do with her, until you hear it from Comey himself. They found emails on her server that were labeled classified. There's a possibility here that those classified emails ended up over at Huma Abedin's house unprotected. Not saying that is for sure, but that's obviously what the FBI is looking for.

Here is another reason why sources saying Hillary wasn't involved here are wrong. The Comey statement said they were going to "take appropriate steps to obtain and review them." The FBI hasn't even seen them yet. So any source that says Hillary isn't involved is full of shit. The FBI hasn't even seen them yet.

You're wrong and I proved it in the other thread. Newsweek has not been discredited and your thought process on the "sources" is almost as shocking as you being former CID. The sources are from the Weiner case, thus they have seen the emails and told Newsweek.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Thread Closed