Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2016, 07:03 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(31-10-2016 06:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  9 days to go, its weird not even our election but I have a tinge of anxiety

I share that feeling, this is a global event. Whether America likes that or not.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
31-10-2016, 08:22 AM
(31-10-2016 06:32 AM)adey67 Wrote:  9 days to go, its weird not even our election but I have a tinge of anxiety

It feels to me like this.

[Image: blue-wire-red-wire_fb_2831539.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
31-10-2016, 10:27 AM
If, by some uber-remote chance, Trump became POTUS, would it be constitutionally possible to impeach him virtually immediately? Considering that Bill was impeached on two counts for similar sexual promiscuity with one female, just as Trump's been accused by 12 women?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-10-2016, 10:34 AM
(31-10-2016 10:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  If, by some uber-remote chance, Trump became POTUS, would it be constitutionally possible to impeach him virtually immediately? Considering that Bill was impeached on two counts for similar sexual promiscuity with one female, just as Trump's been accused by 12 women?

I don't believe there are any time limits for impeachment -- if there is sufficient cause, you can do it at any time during the President's term. However, Democrats would have to think long and hard about taking such a step. As bad as Trump is, removing him from office once elected would hand the Presidency to Pence -- and he is worse than Trump.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
31-10-2016, 11:06 AM
(31-10-2016 10:34 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  As bad as Trump is, removing him from office once elected would hand the Presidency to Pence -- and he is worse than Trump.

Amen. Trump is going to rant and rave and be a target of ridicule worldwide but may not get much cooperation even from a Republican congress. He'll probably try to nominate his wife or kid (or himself) for the court or do something equally ridiculous. Pence would get more support for his narrow-minded, ignorant plans.

I think the best path would be Clinton winning and then getting removed and/or resigning over something so that Kaine steps in. He's not an ideal candidate by far but of the 4 he's certainly the least objectionable.

I hope both parties decide to try something different in 2020 and field candidates that aren't batshit insane.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
31-10-2016, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2016 11:23 AM by adey67.)
(31-10-2016 10:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  If, by some uber-remote chance, Trump became POTUS, would it be constitutionally possible to impeach him virtually immediately? Considering that Bill was impeached on two counts for similar sexual promiscuity with one female, just as Trump's been accused by 12 women?
I suspect you probably have to have either been in office when the offence was committed or to have hidden the offence from the public if committed before taking office idk but that would make sense. Where's duck helmet and Willhop ? They have gone awfully quiet all of a sudden unlike them perhaps they have diarrhoea worrying about changing avatarsLaugh out load Tongue
31-10-2016, 11:44 AM
Lots of stuff to drop soon.

Wikileaks announced they are entering "Phase 3" of email releases.

Project Veritas announced on twitter that they are going to be releasing video of people in the Hillary campain “demeaning and disparaging ” black people.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
31-10-2016, 11:48 AM
(31-10-2016 11:44 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Lots of stuff to drop soon.

Project Veritas announced on twitter that they are going to be releasing video of people in the Hillary campain “demeaning and disparaging ” black people.
To be fair mate you have done a fair job of demeaning and disparaging folks of different races on here recently.. people in glass houses ya de da.
31-10-2016, 02:03 PM

How the hell would that help Trump? The people that are voting for him already are voting for a sexist bigot.

I mean even if this were true, how the fuck is Trump a better alternative from that stand point?
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
31-10-2016, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2016 02:22 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(31-10-2016 02:03 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  

How the hell would that help Trump? The people that are voting for him already are voting for a sexist bigot.

I mean even if this were true, how the fuck is Trump a better alternative from that stand point?

Turnout. Die-hard Hillary supporters aren't going to switch to Trump. But it will definitely keep people from casting a vote for her. A few polls over the last couple days show 5-7% of her active supporters just won't vote since the newest FBI revelations. Republicans are feeling more emboldened to support Trump. And there will be more revelations over the next week. Trump might not gain any Hillary voters but it helps when undecideds break for him on election day. And more Hillary voters just stay home.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Thread Closed