Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-11-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: Trump will be president
(03-11-2016 11:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  So now that Bernie isn't running anymore, his statements are just crap? He has no judgement anymore?

Conclusion does not compute
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
(03-11-2016 11:27 AM)Keen Wrote:  Trump will lose....

.... because he's (he himself) is totally unfit to hold the office he's running for, not because of anything his opponent did or does. If Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio had been nominated instead of this fool, no amount of money or influence on her part could help her, and Bernie, if nominated would not have won anyway. Political "insider shenanigans" has always been what the parties do. It's no different this time, than always.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-11-2016, 11:35 AM
So I'm sitting here thinking. Last week the Cubs had a 1 in 8 chance of winning the World Series, then they had a 1 in 4 chance, then they had a 1 in 2 chance, now they have a 1 in 1 chance. Swing staters better vote.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-11-2016, 11:39 AM
(03-11-2016 11:35 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm sitting here thinking. Last week the Cubs had a 1 in 8 chance of winning the World Series, then they had a 1 in 4 chance, then they had a 1 in 2 chance, now they have a 1 in 1 chance. Swing staters better vote.

I read somewhere, I think a Nate Silver article, when the Cubs were down 3-1 that the chance of the Cubs coming back from that kind of deficit are same as a Trump victory.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
03-11-2016, 11:40 AM
(03-11-2016 11:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:27 AM)Keen Wrote:  Trump will lose....

.... because he's (he himself) is totally unfit to hold the office he's running for, not because of anything his opponent did or does. If Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio had been nominated instead of this fool, no amount of money or influence on her part could help her, and Bernie, if nominated would not have won anyway. Political "insider shenanigans" has always been what the parties do. It's no different this time, than always.

You could go farther and just say that political insider shenanigans boils down to it all being for show and none of this even matters because they have a candidate picked and prepped to win regardless.
[+] 1 user Likes Keen's post
03-11-2016, 11:47 AM
(03-11-2016 11:33 AM)Keen Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:31 AM)Dom Wrote:  So now that Bernie isn't running anymore, his statements are just crap? He has no judgement anymore?

Conclusion does not compute

He has been all but pleading with his folks to vote for Clinton.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-11-2016, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 11:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-11-2016 11:40 AM)Keen Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:34 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  .... because he's (he himself) is totally unfit to hold the office he's running for, not because of anything his opponent did or does. If Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio had been nominated instead of this fool, no amount of money or influence on her part could help her, and Bernie, if nominated would not have won anyway. Political "insider shenanigans" has always been what the parties do. It's no different this time, than always.

You could go farther and just say that political insider shenanigans boils down to it all being for show and none of this even matters because they have a candidate picked and prepped to win regardless.

Wrong. Party insiders can pick a candidate. They can't "rig" the nation's vote. If Clinton wins, it will because she got a majority of VOTES. If militias or anyone else doesn't like that, too damn bad.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-11-2016, 11:53 AM
(03-11-2016 11:27 AM)Keen Wrote:  
(02-11-2016 12:23 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I stick to my 3 points I made back on October 10th. Lower black turnout. Lower youth turnout (Bernie supporters feel cheated, new wikileaks emails show CNN gave debate questions to Hillary). Higher white turnout. Early voting in North Carolina shows white voters are up 15%.

So far all of my predictions are coming true.

I think your points are totally valid and I fall into the disillusioned Bernie voter camp. He got steam rolled by the Clinton+DNC+Media propaganda train. One of her biggest donors is Time Warner and the emails proved that the DNC was working with the media to spread propaganda to the masses during the primaries and that wont stop.

People believe she is going to win, and that is a hard seed to unsew. They believe they have no other choice. When you can convince the entire population of the US that they have no choice, she will win. They have sent out the "Bernie supporter gas light blame" line, the "Hillary is the only one to beat Trump" line, and others.

But she will win. Because she has money and influence. She can get those CNN questions early, she can get the Media on her side, she can manipulate polls etc. Trump will lose.
So you would prefer Trump then? With his unprecendented lying, I can't understand how anyone believes he will do anything that he is currently promising on the campaign trail. Well wait, if it smacks of vengeance or dominance, then yes, that's believable because it's consistent with his narcissistic, abhorrent personality. But nothing else. Dodgy If he wins, he will take care of Donald. Period. Fortunately, there are 2 other branches of government that could slow him down from flushing this country completely down the toilet!

From the link (bold is mine):
Quote:These are far from isolated incidents. In fact, 63 percent of the 91 Trump statements that the WaPo's Fact Checker has checked were given a Four Pinocchio rating — meaning they were/are totally false. (A typical candidate gets Four Pinocchios somewhere between 10 and 20 percent of the time; 14.2 percent of Clinton's claims have been given Four Pinocchios.)

I really just don't get it. Sure there are faults - serious faults - with Clinton, but there is just no comparison between these two candidates with the amount of damage to this country that would be in store with them in office.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-11-2016, 11:55 AM
(03-11-2016 11:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I read somewhere, I think a Nate Silver article, when the Cubs were down 3-1 that the chance of the Cubs coming back from that kind of deficit are same as a Trump victory.
Awesome! It's REALLY unlikely to happen twice so then Trumps chances just went down even more! Thumbsup

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-11-2016, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 12:40 PM by Gloucester.)
If you wrote this as a novel it would have to be classified as satire.

Later: or parody?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
Thread Closed