RE: Trump will be president
The subtle humour of my man Zoltan Istvan Tongue

[Image: utlKxtl.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2016, 08:54 AM
(03-11-2016 09:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 11:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
They can't "rig" the nation's vote.

Don't be so naive.

Rolleyes

(03-11-2016 05:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ...
Do you think Trump will get closer to Bernie's positions and goals?

Actual, yes.

(03-11-2016 06:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
Bernie will be the ranking majority leader in the Senate Budget Committee with Clinton in office or the minority leader with Drumpf, who do you think he’ll have more sway with, Clinton or Drumpf?

Trump.

It's easy to appeal to a narcissist.

Tell him that he'll be remembered with universal affection, like Nye Bevan, if he creates a National Health Service.
Tell him he'll be greater than Mandela for championing BlackLivesMatter.
Tell he'll be immortalised, like Churchill, for I dunno, make something up.

It's Pence you have to worry about.

Bernie needs to isolate Pence and spend every minute of every day with Trump.

4 years later, Bernie will have so much voter recognition that he can run for ...

Actually, four years from now, the double whammy of climate disasters and the Dickensian-despair triggered by Industrie 4.0 will create so much turmoil that none of it will matter.

Dodgy

Anyway, who fancies a pint?

Big Grin

Appealing to a malignant narcissist on an ongoing basis is very hard work unless you are a master liar. It is easier to destroy one, i.e. make him fall apart.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-11-2016, 08:55 AM
(04-11-2016 08:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I look at the possibility of Trump winning the election not without it's upside.

It'd be sort of like a bus full of clowns going off a cliff, whilst having an orgy with the circus freaks.

Sure, it's tragic --- but not without it's funny parts --- and damned if you can stop watching it....

It's not funny if you're in the bus, though -- and we're all in the bus.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-11-2016, 09:10 AM
[Image: BVl3HkB.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-11-2016, 09:34 AM
The only really possible good things I can thing of about a Trump win are

A) The Clintons will go away forever. If this isn't a clear declaration that they need to go the fuck away, I don't know what else is. I mean not only will have Hillary lost to Donald Fuckin' Trump, but she blew a huge lead with less than 3 weeks to go.

B) It will probably be the last Republican President we have for a long time. I fully believe the Donald will do heavy damage to the GOP as President and will ruin them in the Presidential race for many, many years to come. Of course part of this depends on how stupid the DNC is going forward. The biggest slam dunk of an election in history and you run the one candidate that is as unpopular.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
04-11-2016, 09:42 AM
There's no way this election is ending without bitterly splitting the population in half. At this point it doesn't even matter whether or not the victor has the capacity to make competent decisions. They've already lost the PR battle to the point that their reputations are irreparable.

We'd be better off just picking any random person from a crowd to be president, because then at least they'd be able to listen to competent advisors and start without a tarnished reputation among those they're expected to lead.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
04-11-2016, 09:52 AM
The way I see it is either way you guys are fucked for the next four yearsSad
04-11-2016, 09:55 AM
(04-11-2016 09:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The way I see it is either way you guys are fucked for the next four yearsSad

There is a difference, though, because the new President will get to appoint at least one Supreme Court Justice, and maybe as many as three. If that goes the wrong way, we're fucked for 20 or 30 years, not just 4. I can live with 4 years of a bad President. I can't live in a Christian theocracy.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-11-2016, 10:12 AM
(04-11-2016 09:42 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There's no way this election is ending without bitterly splitting the population in half. At this point it doesn't even matter whether or not the victor has the capacity to make competent decisions. They've already lost the PR battle to the point that their reputations are irreparable.

We'd be better off just picking any random person from a crowd to be president, because then at least they'd be able to listen to competent advisors and start without a tarnished reputation among those they're expected to lead.

There was a sci-fi short story in the 60s or 70s where the president was selected by a random process from all adults, to be forced, screaming and kicking, into the White House.

Can't find that but this seems to have horribly predictive of some aspects...

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-11-2016, 12:53 PM
(04-11-2016 09:42 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There's no way this election is ending without bitterly splitting the population in half. At this point it doesn't even matter whether or not the victor has the capacity to make competent decisions. They've already lost the PR battle to the point that their reputations are irreparable.

What I find really funny is the right has been bitching for the last 8 years that Obama has "divided the nation", and they nominated a guy like Trump.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
Thread Closed