Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-11-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(08-11-2016 11:17 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 11:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm thinking we'll see the highest turnout in three or four decades today.

Of course, just think of all those illegal immigrants and dead people voting! Angel

Multiple times!!! Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Here we go... Trump is already starting crap in Nevada.

Quote:In legal briefs filed Monday night, Trump lawyers had asked for an order to have the pertinent early vote ballots not to be "co-mingled or interspersed" with other ballots after the campaign alleged the county registrar kept polling locations open beyond their designated hours.

This is ridiculous. So what if polls were open a little longer and people voted in the extended time period. Isn't a vote a vote? To discount those votes wouldn't be fair at all. Assuming the allegation is even true, those people presumably would have been turned away if the polls had been closed timely and at least some of them probably would have voted at a different time. This is not in the spirit of democracy, but not any big surprise either coming from Trump. Dodgy

Is it me or is it always Republicans who look to limit the number of precincts, shorten the early voting period, and just generally impose ridiculous constraints that only hinder people from exercising their right to vote? I honestly don't remember Democrats doing this.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
(08-11-2016 03:30 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Here we go... Trump is already starting crap in Nevada.

Quote:In legal briefs filed Monday night, Trump lawyers had asked for an order to have the pertinent early vote ballots not to be "co-mingled or interspersed" with other ballots after the campaign alleged the county registrar kept polling locations open beyond their designated hours.

This is ridiculous. So what if polls were open a little longer and people voted in the extended time period. Isn't a vote a vote? To discount those votes wouldn't be fair at all. Assuming the allegation is even true, those people presumably would have been turned away if the polls had been closed timely and at least some of them probably would have voted at a different time. This is not in the spirit of democracy, but not any big surprise either coming from Trump. Dodgy

Is it me or is it always Republicans who look to limit the number of precincts, shorten the early voting period, and just generally impose ridiculous constraints that only hinder people from exercising their right to vote? I honestly don’t remember Democrats doing this.

The judge delivered a great response to Trump’s lawyer. Basically, “Quit wasting everyone’s time, you twat-waffle”.

“Trump's lawyers asked for an order to have the pertinent early vote ballots -- those cast after the designated polling hours Friday -- not to be "co-mingled or interspersed" with other ballots.

Judge Gloria Sturman, of the District Court for Clark County Nevada, ruled from the bench, saying that the Registrar of Voters was already obligated by state law to maintain the records that the Trump campaign is seeking.

"I can't obligate him to do something he is already obligated to do," Sturman said, later adding, "This is Election Day. He has other things to be doing."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Twat-waffle. I like that. I've been calling him the Orange Baboon or the Orange Turd, but Orange Twat-Waffle would have worked too.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
08-11-2016, 04:37 PM
(08-11-2016 03:30 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Here we go... Trump is already starting crap in Nevada.

Is it me or is it always Republicans who look to limit the number of precincts, shorten the early voting period, and just generally impose ridiculous constraints that only hinder people from exercising their right to vote? I honestly don't remember Democrats doing this.

The stereotype is that Democrats are more likely to cheat in the other direction (having dead people voting and that sort of thing). The Republicans try to counteract this perception by restricting actual voters. It would be nice if they could both just keep their hands out of it and let the people vote, but that's probably asking too much.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
08-11-2016, 05:23 PM
In any system where the voting system is designed/voted on by politicians, this'll happen. Even the Supreme Court isn't free of politics (even though by Voltaire-ian standards, it should be!), what is to be expected?
08-11-2016, 05:35 PM
My wife was just telling me that what happened in Nevada is people were already in line at the polls when closing time came. By NV law, polls must stay open until those people cast their votes. No new people arriving after normal closing time are allowed to vote on that day. So it's nothing short of dishonest that Trump wants to consider discounting those votes.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
08-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Props to Helmet, he called it and was ridiculed.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
08-11-2016, 11:34 PM
(08-11-2016 11:33 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Props to Helmet, he called it and was ridiculed.

And do you know why he was ridiculed? Because people disagreed and thought it was highly unlikely. At the time, that's how it seemed.
08-11-2016, 11:35 PM
(08-11-2016 11:34 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 11:33 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Props to Helmet, he called it and was ridiculed.

And do you know why he was ridiculed?

Yeah, but doesn't change that he turned out to be right.
Thread Closed