Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-10-2016, 11:37 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(11-10-2016 04:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Since 1998 Oregon has state wide mail in ballots and it's fabulous! There's no standing in a long line at a high school gym or some dank church reception hall. As soon as I receive my ballot I'm mailing it in. It should come in the mail by the end of this week. I can't wait to vote. Thumbsup

I have a question: What's to stop me the evil vote counter from stuffing in a whole bunch of extra "mailed in" ballots for the candidate I like?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 01:27 AM
This seems like a good thread to mention Trump's most recent breakthrough achievement - his chance of being elected is now at its lowest point in the least volatile of Nate Silver's forecast models (the polls-plus model, which incorporates other factors beyond polling, such as the state of the economy etc.).

This is not all Trump's doing; he can't take full credit for it; Hillary is succeeding at demonstrating she is not beelzebub but a human being who chose a career in public service over, say, a career in crass self-enrichment, so the upswing in her chances on that same model belong to her as much as Trump's plunge belongs to him.
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-10-2016, 06:25 AM
(11-10-2016 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 04:29 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Since 1998 Oregon has state wide mail in ballots and it's fabulous! There's no standing in a long line at a high school gym or some dank church reception hall. As soon as I receive my ballot I'm mailing it in. It should come in the mail by the end of this week. I can't wait to vote. Thumbsup

I have a question: What's to stop me the evil vote counter from stuffing in a whole bunch of extra "mailed in" ballots for the candidate I like?

In the Peoples Republic of Maryland (Silver has MD the most likely to go Dem at >99.9%) you have to request an absentee ballot and they keep track of who has asked. To accomplish that in MD you'd have to liberate absentee ballots from other voters who requested them.

#sigh
12-10-2016, 06:30 AM
What if the Ruskies hack the electronics and change Hilary to T Rump votes? Evil_monster

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
12-10-2016, 06:45 AM
Trump isn't helping his own cause telling his supporters to vote on November 28th! Laugh out load

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
12-10-2016, 07:02 AM
I ain't seeing it. His popularity is a direct result of growing dissatisfaction with "the system," but voters are generally cowards. When it comes time to put pencil to oval, it'll be status quo ftw.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-10-2016, 07:17 AM
(12-10-2016 07:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I ain't seeing it. His popularity is a direct result of growing dissatisfaction with "the system," but voters are generally cowards. When it comes time to put pencil to oval, it'll be status quo ftw.

"The system" is broke all over the world. Well, it was always "broke", that is inherrent in the nature of party + personal politics - and the latter us always there - just a bit more "broke" than usual at the moment!

Different beast but Britland's parliament is a bunch of squawking monkeys at a time when we desperately need some mature statesmen/women.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
12-10-2016, 07:43 AM
(11-10-2016 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  

In all the years Oregon has voted by mail once there were 6 disputed ballots - one had already been caught, and the other 5 turned out not to exist. Theoretically there could be fraud, but signature recognition software is pretty savvy these days.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-10-2016, 08:16 AM
(10-10-2016 04:10 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Trump will win. Book it. Write it down. Quote me.

I'm going to lay out my reasons for why Trump wins.

1. Lower democrat turnout than 2012. No Obama this time means African Americans won't be as motivated. Higher hispanic turnout won't make much difference as they are concentrated in areas Trump won't win anyway.

2. Bernie supporters (the youth vote) will stay home. Especially after the Wikileaks emails released today. Those video game controllers will be hard to put down for Hillary.

3. Hidden Trump support. 21 million registered voters failed to show up in 2012. Most of them white. They will show up this time.

So there you go. I'm out until the election is over. I will come back to gloat.

Or cry.

You should empty your bank account and put a big bet on it.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
12-10-2016, 08:45 AM
(12-10-2016 01:27 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  This is not all Trump's doing; he can't take full credit for it; Hillary is succeeding at demonstrating she is not beelzebub but a human being who chose a career in public service over, say, a career in crass self-enrichment, so the upswing in her chances on that same model belong to her as much as Trump's plunge belongs to him.
You do realize that the Clintons have become filthy rich by being politicians, right? They have a net worth of over 110 million dollars. You Clinton drones are so uninformed and delusional.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Thread Closed