Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2016, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 01:18 PM by Vosur.)
RE: Trump will be president
(11-11-2016 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I hope someone from your family dies from a gunshot, and then you can tell us how safe they keep you.
What a horrible, disgusting thing to hope for. Shame on you.

Edit: Can you imagine if someone said the reverse to you, something like "I hope someone from your family is killed in a home invasion while you have to watch helplessly and then you can tell us how safe you are without a gun"? I bet you'd lose your shit.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
11-11-2016, 01:23 PM
(11-11-2016 12:28 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 11:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  YOU are what is wrong with America, you racist, misogynistic sack of shit. Enjoy "your" victory, like a fucking 5-year old would.

I'm going to enjoy a republican president. A republican house of representatives. A republican senate. A conservative supreme court for the next 30+ years. I'm going to enjoy watching the ACA be repealed. I'm going to enjoy watching Obama's legacy destroyed with a pen and a phone. I'm going to enjoy watching all gun control thrown out the window. I'm going to enjoy watching the law get passed that gives people with concealed carry permits be allowed to carry their guns in every state. I'm going to enjoy watching the fools at the EPA thrown out the front door and replaced. I'm going to enjoy watching common core removed from our schools.

I'm enjoying sissy safe space liberals crying on the floor like babies. I'm enjoying "tolerant" democrats scream in the streets, destroying their own cities in protest of a Trump presidency.

But most of all, I'm enjoying watching the nation reject liberalism, progressives, and democrats across the country. Republicans will now control 70% of state legislatures and 34 out of 50 governors seats in 2017. As well as every branch of Federal Government.

If you think young generations with safes paces are dumb and I'll prepared for reality... I'm not grasping why you want America as a whole to continue to have a deep in worse education system like it's been going for half a century. That really doesn't service humans being wiser for longer.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-11-2016, 06:31 PM
(11-11-2016 01:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I hope someone from your family dies from a gunshot, and then you can tell us how safe they keep you.
What a horrible, disgusting thing to hope for. Shame on you.

Edit: Can you imagine if someone said the reverse to you, something like "I hope someone from your family is killed in a home invasion while you have to watch helplessly and then you can tell us how safe you are without a gun"? I bet you'd lose your shit.

[Image: vsBGf1.jpg] Laughat

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
11-11-2016, 06:41 PM
(11-11-2016 01:23 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:28 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I'm going to enjoy a republican president. A republican house of representatives. A republican senate. A conservative supreme court for the next 30+ years. I'm going to enjoy watching the ACA be repealed. I'm going to enjoy watching Obama's legacy destroyed with a pen and a phone. I'm going to enjoy watching all gun control thrown out the window. I'm going to enjoy watching the law get passed that gives people with concealed carry permits be allowed to carry their guns in every state. I'm going to enjoy watching the fools at the EPA thrown out the front door and replaced. I'm going to enjoy watching common core removed from our schools.

I'm enjoying sissy safe space liberals crying on the floor like babies. I'm enjoying "tolerant" democrats scream in the streets, destroying their own cities in protest of a Trump presidency.

But most of all, I'm enjoying watching the nation reject liberalism, progressives, and democrats across the country. Republicans will now control 70% of state legislatures and 34 out of 50 governors seats in 2017. As well as every branch of Federal Government.

If you think young generations with safes paces are dumb and I'll prepared for reality... I'm not grasping why you want America as a whole to continue to have a deep in worse education system like it's been going for half a century. That really doesn't service humans being wiser for longer.

I kind of wish we could all come to a compromise and agree to think critically and scientifically but without turning into a bunch of pansies in the process Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
11-11-2016, 06:48 PM
(11-11-2016 06:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I kind of wish we could all come to a compromise and agree to think critically and scientifically but without turning into a bunch of pansies in the process Big Grin

I think I understand where you’re coming from.
IRL though there will always be extremes, the Neanderthal mindset and the

The trick is to be at neither end.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-11-2016, 07:02 PM
(11-11-2016 06:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 01:23 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  If you think young generations with safes paces are dumb and I'll prepared for reality... I'm not grasping why you want America as a whole to continue to have a deep in worse education system like it's been going for half a century. That really doesn't service humans being wiser for longer.

I kind of wish we could all come to a compromise and agree to think critically and scientifically but without turning into a bunch of pansies in the process :D

I agree, but define "pansy". Because in Trump's world, McCain is a pansy for not dying at the hands of his enemies. I'd love to see how Trump would handle being a POW.
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-11-2016, 07:29 PM
then again, maybe not.

The electoral college could revolt and vote differently than the popular vote, after all that’s what it was designed for.

"Alexander Hamilton was explicit: this mechanism was designed to ensure that “the office of president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.” In short, it was designed to prevent just this situation: the rise of an unqualified demagogue like Donald Trump.”

"Maryland officially became the first state on Tuesday to approve a plan to give its electoral votes for president to the winner of the national popular vote instead of the candidate chosen by state voters.”
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18053715/ns/po...CZrcneZNE4

“Although 24 states seek to prohibit faithless electors by a variety of methods, including pledges and the threat of fines or criminal action, most constitutional scholars believe that once electors have been chosen, they remain constitutionally free agents, able to vote for any candidate who meets the requirements for President and Vice President.

These so-called “faithless electors” are vanishingly rare, which is as it should be — this is a unique circumstance, which requires emergency measures. Ignore the epithet: these electors would not be remotely faithless; this act would be faithful to the letter and intent of the Constitution. It would be patriotic.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-an...97066.html

This shit show still has some legs.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Been on the road and first time I've had to check in.

LDH called it. He was right and damn near everyone else was wrong. Unreal.

LDH - you have my blessing to rub it in. If this had gone the other way people here would have been fucking merciless to you in rubbing it in. You earned the right to be a little bit of a her about it.

Oh, I saw a blurb on the "faithless elector" above and I wouldn't count on it. You need 20 people to buck the system. That's not going to happen. It's over and he won. Time to deal with the carnage.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
11-11-2016, 07:33 PM
(11-11-2016 07:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  then again, maybe not.

The electoral college could revolt and vote differently than the popular vote, after all that’s what it was designed for.

"Alexander Hamilton was explicit: this mechanism was designed to ensure that “the office of president will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications.” In short, it was designed to prevent just this situation: the rise of an unqualified demagogue like Donald Trump.”

"Maryland officially became the first state on Tuesday to approve a plan to give its electoral votes for president to the winner of the national popular vote instead of the candidate chosen by state voters.”
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/18053715/ns/po...CZrcneZNE4

“Although 24 states seek to prohibit faithless electors by a variety of methods, including pledges and the threat of fines or criminal action, most constitutional scholars believe that once electors have been chosen, they remain constitutionally free agents, able to vote for any candidate who meets the requirements for President and Vice President.

These so-called “faithless electors” are vanishingly rare, which is as it should be — this is a unique circumstance, which requires emergency measures. Ignore the epithet: these electors would not be remotely faithless; this act would be faithful to the letter and intent of the Constitution. It would be patriotic.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/douglas-an...97066.html

This shit show still has some legs.

Yeah but it is rare, and seeing as 90% of republicans voted for trump.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
11-11-2016, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2016 07:50 PM by Full Circle.)
(11-11-2016 07:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This shit show still has some legs.

Yeah but it is rare, and seeing as 90% of republicans voted for trump.

Not rare, unprecedented. But then all that is needed is for the electors in several of the following States to exercise their Constitutional right and vote their conscience instead of the popular vote.

Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...ctors.html

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.”

Thread Closed