Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2016, 08:00 PM
RE: Trump will be president
It's not going to happen. And, even if it did, then it it goes to the Republican held House, and how do you think they are going to vote?

It's over.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2016, 08:11 PM
(11-11-2016 08:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's not going to happen. And, even if it did, then it it goes to the Republican held House, and how do you think they are going to vote?

It's over.

It ain’t over till December 19th. Popcorn

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-11-2016, 08:34 PM
(11-11-2016 07:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  Been on the road and first time I've had to check in.

LDH called it. He was right and damn near everyone else was wrong. Unreal.

LDH - you have my blessing to rub it in. If this had gone the other way people here would have been fucking merciless to you in rubbing it in. You earned the right to be a little bit of a her about it.

Oh, I saw a blurb on the "faithless elector" above and I wouldn't count on it. You need 20 people to buck the system. That's not going to happen. It's over and he won. Time to deal with the carnage.

I've rubbed it in enough I guess. My reputation has dropped 3-4 points but it was worth it. I'd like it to stay in the green so I'll shut up about it.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Lord Dark Helmet's post
11-11-2016, 10:41 PM
(11-11-2016 07:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I agree, but define "pansy". Because in Trump's world, McCain is a pansy for not dying at the hands of his enemies. I'd love to see how Trump would handle being a POW.
Trump's an idiot. And if the military personnel voted for him then they are idiots too.
Idiots with American advanced weaponry seems like a recipe for disaster.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-11-2016, 10:45 PM
(11-11-2016 01:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I hope someone from your family dies from a gunshot, and then you can tell us how safe they keep you.
What a horrible, disgusting thing to hope for. Shame on you.

Edit: Can you imagine if someone said the reverse to you, something like "I hope someone from your family is killed in a home invasion while you have to watch helplessly and then you can tell us how safe you are without a gun"? I bet you'd lose your shit.

DLH wants to watch with glee as Trump dismantles the EPA.

I welcome him to be the first to drink post-fraking well water.

I just hope he suffers for it. Seems like a fair trade. But I wouldn't wish that against his family, unless they too share his same psychopathic desire to deregulate and savage the environment.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-11-2016, 08:52 AM
(11-11-2016 07:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but it is rare, and seeing as 90% of republicans voted for trump.

Not rare, unprecedented. But then all that is needed is for the electors in several of the following States to exercise their Constitutional right and vote their conscience instead of the popular vote.

Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...ctors.html

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.”

Yeah, but the republicans know that they will achieve more goals with trump than hillary.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-11-2016, 09:22 AM
(12-11-2016 08:52 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not rare, unprecedented. But then all that is needed is for the electors in several of the following States to exercise their Constitutional right and vote their conscience instead of the popular vote.

Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...ctors.html

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.”

Yeah, but the republicans know that they will achieve more goals with trump than hillary.

Yes, they certainly have laid out some worthwhile goals. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-11-2016, 11:57 AM
(12-11-2016 09:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 08:52 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah, but the republicans know that they will achieve more goals with trump than hillary.

Yes, they certainly have laid out some worthwhile goals. Dodgy

Lighten up, trump is just playing around. He is saying that he will point certain people to get the electors to vote for him. Right after december 19th, expect trump to change those.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-11-2016, 05:56 PM
(11-11-2016 08:34 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:33 PM)BnW Wrote:  Been on the road and first time I've had to check in.

LDH called it. He was right and damn near everyone else was wrong. Unreal.

LDH - you have my blessing to rub it in. If this had gone the other way people here would have been fucking merciless to you in rubbing it in. You earned the right to be a little bit of a her about it.

Oh, I saw a blurb on the "faithless elector" above and I wouldn't count on it. You need 20 people to buck the system. That's not going to happen. It's over and he won. Time to deal with the carnage.

I've rubbed it in enough I guess. My reputation has dropped 3-4 points but it was worth it. I'd like it to stay in the green so I'll shut up about it.

You rubbed in nothing. You're wrong about almost everything. You exaggerate everything, and lie, and now your credibility is ZERO. You said you would like to see the Obama legacy erased with a pen in as soon as Trump is in office. Well, you fools accepted a life-long Democrat as your candidate, and actually bought what he said he would do. He's already walking back some of his promises. As Warren Buffet said today on CNN, Obama's MAIN legacy was bringing back the country from the dangerous recession the Repubicunts caused during the Bush Administration, and returning the nation to growth. That's not going to be be erased, or forgotten ever, and in fact if it continues Trump will take credit for it. Trump is not a good business man. He's an "add" man. He's good at licensing and selling his name. He's actually very bad at running businesses, (per Buffet). Watch 60 Minutes tomorrow and watch him tell Leslie Stahl he's not really taking the ACA apart. LMAO

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-11-2016, 06:48 PM
(12-11-2016 11:57 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 09:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Yes, they certainly have laid out some worthwhile goals. Dodgy

Lighten up, trump is just playing around. He is saying that he will point certain people to get the electors to vote for him. Right after december 19th, expect trump to change those.

C’mon Zeke, face reality already. Trump isn’t “playing around”, the guy lives by the motto, Everything I say is substantiated by my own opinion.

Let me ask you this, do you think the president elect should disrespect the position by “playing around”?

I’m afraid you are sounding much like a religious apologist in defense of Trump. A political apologist if you will.

Thread Closed