Trump will be president
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2016, 08:15 PM
RE: Trump will be president
(12-11-2016 07:51 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:If you think there are riots now, can you imagine what will happen to our country if they feel the election was stolen from them?!

I honestly believe that the harm that Trump will cause will be far worse than the Civil War. I'm fully expecting a full scale holocaust. So, yeah, it's worth the rioting.

I understand many feel this way. But honestly and realistically it is going to take more than a few votes to turn this election.

Plus the governors in those states choose who make up the 538. They're usually carefully vetted.

If for some reason neither candidate ends up with 270, say a few electors go rouge, congress decides and who will they pick?

It would take nearly 50 people to change their vote. I very seriously doubt that could ever happen....It's never happened in the past. But this is 2016 the year of weird. So.....

Also I believe there is court precedent that allows congress to decide if conflicting votes from a state are received, which they'll accept -- because Trump people would certainly contest it and send in their own people to cast electoral votes in according to the popular vote in that state...

The electoral college is hideously complex.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
12-11-2016, 08:20 PM
(11-11-2016 08:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  He will still have to throw Pence a bone or two.

He's already said Pence will be in charge of "domestic policy" and "international policy".
What else is there ? Pence is a VERY scary man. He will attempt to prohibit abortion and ss marriage.

Trump will be in charge of gold plating all the shit in the White House, so it looks as much like a whore house as his pad in New York.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-11-2016, 08:34 PM
(11-11-2016 07:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:33 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but it is rare, and seeing as 90% of republicans voted for trump.

Not rare, unprecedented. But then all that is needed is for the electors in several of the following States to exercise their Constitutional right and vote their conscience instead of the popular vote.

Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...ctors.html

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.”

Probably a snowball in hell, a candle in the wind, but there is a petition to allow Electors to cast their vote for someone other than their parties candidate on Nov. 19th.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19

Somewhere I read that in the entire history of the Electoral College something like 140 have voted other than what they were told to vote for. Actually I think it might even been as high as 170 but I'm not super sure of that number. There are fines to be paid. The petition above allows petition signers to donate money for the fines too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-11-2016, 08:38 PM
(12-11-2016 08:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-11-2016 07:51 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I honestly believe that the harm that Trump will cause will be far worse than the Civil War. I'm fully expecting a full scale holocaust. So, yeah, it's worth the rioting.

I understand many feel this way. But honestly and realistically it is going to take more than a few votes to turn this election.

Plus the governors in those states choose who make up the 538. They're usually carefully vetted.

If for some reason neither candidate ends up with 270, say a few electors go rouge, congress decides and who will they pick?

It would take nearly 50 people to change their vote. I very seriously doubt that could ever happen....It's never happened in the past. But this is 2016 the year of weird. So.....

Also I believe there is court precedent that allows congress to decide if conflicting votes from a state are received, which they'll accept -- because Trump people would certainly contest it and send in their own people to cast electoral votes in according to the popular vote in that state...

The electoral college is hideously complex.

Well, maybe someone will think of something...
12-11-2016, 09:48 PM
(12-11-2016 08:34 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-11-2016 07:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Not rare, unprecedented. But then all that is needed is for the electors in several of the following States to exercise their Constitutional right and vote their conscience instead of the popular vote.

Arizona
Arkansas
Georgia
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Missouri
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
West Virginia

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...ctors.html

"Are there restrictions on who the Electors can vote for?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires Electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their states. Some states, however, require Electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—Electors bound by state law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that Electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some state laws provide that so-called "faithless Electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No Elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged.

Today, it is rare for Electors to disregard the popular vote by casting their electoral vote for someone other than their party's candidate. Electors generally hold a leadership position in their party or were chosen to recognize years of loyal service to the party. Throughout our history as a nation, more than 99 percent of Electors have voted as pledged.”

Probably a snowball in hell, a candle in the wind, but there is a petition to allow Electors to cast their vote for someone other than their parties candidate on Nov. 19th.

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-colle...ecember-19

Somewhere I read that in the entire history of the Electoral College something like 140 have voted other than what they were told to vote for. Actually I think it might even been as high as 170 but I'm not super sure of that number. There are fines to be paid. The petition above allows petition signers to donate money for the fines too.

I believe in the last 100 years, only a handful went with someone other than they were supposed to.

Certainly no where close to the numbers you quoted.

Here's what I found about the faithless electors.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/Hx/FaithlessElectors.html

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-11-2016, 09:25 AM
(08-11-2016 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whoever is elected has to actually *lead* the country, (something Trump is incapable of ). There will be some who won't vote, but the turn-out in pre-balloting is massive, (ie in Florida Hispanic voting) and that does not favor Trump.
SOURCE

WRONG

(25-10-2016 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When Trump gets defeated, it will be because he is THE WORST candidate for POTUS the Republicans nominated in recent years. He will be defeated as he is totally inappropriate, and even the leadership of the party that nominated him thinks so. Itw ill be NOTHING but his own fault he loses.
SOURCE

WRONG

(04-10-2016 01:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think we should invite Trump to post in this thread right after he loses.
That way he can say he won something, anyway.
SOURCE]

WRONG

(01-08-2016 10:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
He doesn't possess the temperament to get elected dog catcher.
He's still the obnoxious little attention-seeking brat you see in his videos from grade school.
SOURCE

WRONG

I could go on and fucking on. The archives of this forum are a bottomless pit of recorded liberal reality-denial.

So when I read this;
(12-11-2016 05:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You rubbed in nothing. You're wrong about almost everything. You exaggerate everything, and lie, and now your credibility is ZERO. You said you would like to see the Obama legacy erased with a pen in as soon as Trump is in office. Well, you fools accepted a life-long Democrat as your candidate, and actually bought what he said he would do. He's already walking back some of his promises. As Warren Buffet said today on CNN, Obama's MAIN legacy was bringing back the country from the dangerous recession the Repubicunts caused during the Bush Administration, and returning the nation to growth. That's not going to be be erased, or forgotten ever, and in fact if it continues Trump will take credit for it. Trump is not a good business man. He's an "add" man. He's good at licensing and selling his name. He's actually very bad at running businesses, (per Buffet). Watch 60 Minutes tomorrow and watch him tell Leslie Stahl he's not really taking the ACA apart. LMAO

...I'm sure you'll understand, that due to your spectacular failure of predictive talents, any forecasts by you, Nostradumbass, will be disregarded. So as to avoid further embarrassment of yourself, please deposit any future quatrains that are sure to be expelled from your recently violated and thoroughly stretched anus in the toilet of the restroom of your choice.

The contemporary liberal ideology has spent 20 years, (at least), marginalizing and attempting to ostracize any and all ideas counter to theirs. Most pointedly, any ideology that promotes individual freedom and personal responsibility.
Well that's over now.
They have marginalized themselves. What's more, the marginalizing is on autopilot!
The liberals first knee jerk reaction to losing is to move even farther left!! You poor bastards truly don't understand what has occurred. LMAO
I read DLH's thoughts on a 20 year recovery for the democrat party. Sounds about right to me. However, the more that the liberals reject the outcome of the election with their violent outburst, the more can be added to that 20 year figure.

THIS JUST IN >>>
Dateline; New York, Olympia, Los Angeles, Chicago
Reports are coming in that all dumpsters, overturned automobiles, and windows, have succumbed to the protesters and agree to vote Democrat in perpetuity.

It is awesome how the snowflakes burn and riot in their own cities. Always shitting where they eat.

Anyhoo... let's see..... Yeah. This;
Bucky Ball Wrote:...Watch 60 Minutes tomorrow and watch him tell Leslie Stahl he's not really taking the ACA apart. LMAO

Trump hasn't gotten the keys to the Caddy yet. Trump understands that the current driver still has the ability to sideswipe every guardrail and concrete barrier until Jan 20. Trump is reassuring the outgoing disaster that he will use Obama's recommended oil and tires. On the 21st, it'll be “piss off”. Sooner or later.

Here's my prediction;

The very thing that I was applauded for on one side of this forum, I will now be vilified for on this side.
The very same mindset and denial that a christian exhibits by simply not accepting what “faith” means, is the mindset of contemporary liberalism.
The difference being that the christian sky daddy is replaced with the arbitrary self appointed moral supremacists of the hive mind. Dividing and creating victims with the intent of control by other humans declaring who is redeemable and who isn't.

You liberals shake your fists at an indifferent universe and demand guarantees. Guarantees for success, full bellies, full bank accounts, perfect health, constant happiness, etc.

And the universe indifferently answers your demands with..... indifference.
So you take it upon yourselves to dictate what and/or who is fair and what and/or who is not. Yet the price for fairness is always justice. The two are not the same.
You liberals know this and found it necessary to twist words and fold the definition of “fair” into the meaning of justice.

Yeah well.... it didn't stick. You all just figured that if you screamed enough names at people to whom the names didn't apply, that you could hide the fact that “justice” morphed into “Just-Us”.

So....all you Social Just-Us Warriors, after years of imposing your sense of “fairness” upon us, we have rejected you.

You attempted to impose your counter-evolutionary agenda upon free people.

YOU called down the Thunder and you got it. Reap the whirlwind you pathetic wanna be slavers.
Out of the ruinous heap of your failed ideology, the only petulant screaming that can be heard is,
“How dare you impose freedom and personal responsibility upon us!!” Sadcryface2

The universe remains indifferent.

I do not.

Bring it, bitches. Evil_monster

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 2 users Like Kestrel's post
13-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Kestrel??? You voted for that loony? Why?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-11-2016, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2016 10:29 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-11-2016 09:25 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(08-11-2016 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Whoever is elected has to actually *lead* the country, (something Trump is incapable of ). There will be some who won't vote, but the turn-out in pre-balloting is massive, (ie in Florida Hispanic voting) and that does not favor Trump.
SOURCE

WRONG

(25-10-2016 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When Trump gets defeated, it will be because he is THE WORST candidate for POTUS the Republicans nominated in recent years. He will be defeated as he is totally inappropriate, and even the leadership of the party that nominated him thinks so. Itw ill be NOTHING but his own fault he loses.
SOURCE

WRONG

(04-10-2016 01:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I think we should invite Trump to post in this thread right after he loses.
That way he can say he won something, anyway.
SOURCE]

WRONG

(01-08-2016 10:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
He doesn't possess the temperament to get elected dog catcher.
He's still the obnoxious little attention-seeking brat you see in his videos from grade school.
SOURCE

WRONG

I could go on and fucking on. The archives of this forum are a bottomless pit of recorded liberal reality-denial.

So when I read this;
(12-11-2016 05:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You rubbed in nothing. You're wrong about almost everything. You exaggerate everything, and lie, and now your credibility is ZERO. You said you would like to see the Obama legacy erased with a pen in as soon as Trump is in office. Well, you fools accepted a life-long Democrat as your candidate, and actually bought what he said he would do. He's already walking back some of his promises. As Warren Buffet said today on CNN, Obama's MAIN legacy was bringing back the country from the dangerous recession the Repubicunts caused during the Bush Administration, and returning the nation to growth. That's not going to be be erased, or forgotten ever, and in fact if it continues Trump will take credit for it. Trump is not a good business man. He's an "add" man. He's good at licensing and selling his name. He's actually very bad at running businesses, (per Buffet). Watch 60 Minutes tomorrow and watch him tell Leslie Stahl he's not really taking the ACA apart. LMAO

...I'm sure you'll understand, that due to your spectacular failure of predictive talents, any forecasts by you, Nostradumbass, will be disregarded. So as to avoid further embarrassment of yourself, please deposit any future quatrains that are sure to be expelled from your recently violated and thoroughly stretched anus in the toilet of the restroom of your choice.

The contemporary liberal ideology has spent 20 years, (at least), marginalizing and attempting to ostracize any and all ideas counter to theirs. Most pointedly, any ideology that promotes individual freedom and personal responsibility.
Well that's over now.
They have marginalized themselves. What's more, the marginalizing is on autopilot!
The liberals first knee jerk reaction to losing is to move even farther left!! You poor bastards truly don't understand what has occurred. LMAO
I read DLH's thoughts on a 20 year recovery for the democrat party. Sounds about right to me. However, the more that the liberals reject the outcome of the election with their violent outburst, the more can be added to that 20 year figure.

THIS JUST IN >>>
Dateline; New York, Olympia, Los Angeles, Chicago
Reports are coming in that all dumpsters, overturned automobiles, and windows, have succumbed to the protesters and agree to vote Democrat in perpetuity.

It is awesome how the snowflakes burn and riot in their own cities. Always shitting where they eat.

Anyhoo... let's see..... Yeah. This;
Bucky Ball Wrote:...Watch 60 Minutes tomorrow and watch him tell Leslie Stahl he's not really taking the ACA apart. LMAO

Trump hasn't gotten the keys to the Caddy yet. Trump understands that the current driver still has the ability to sideswipe every guardrail and concrete barrier until Jan 20. Trump is reassuring the outgoing disaster that he will use Obama's recommended oil and tires. On the 21st, it'll be “piss off”. Sooner or later.

Here's my prediction;

The very thing that I was applauded for on one side of this forum, I will now be vilified for on this side.
The very same mindset and denial that a christian exhibits by simply not accepting what “faith” means, is the mindset of contemporary liberalism.
The difference being that the christian sky daddy is replaced with the arbitrary self appointed moral supremacists of the hive mind. Dividing and creating victims with the intent of control by other humans declaring who is redeemable and who isn't.

You liberals shake your fists at an indifferent universe and demand guarantees. Guarantees for success, full bellies, full bank accounts, perfect health, constant happiness, etc.

And the universe indifferently answers your demands with..... indifference.
So you take it upon yourselves to dictate what and/or who is fair and what and/or who is not. Yet the price for fairness is always justice. The two are not the same.
You liberals know this and found it necessary to twist words and fold the definition of “fair” into the meaning of justice.

Yeah well.... it didn't stick. You all just figured that if you screamed enough names at people to whom the names didn't apply, that you could hide the fact that “justice” morphed into “Just-Us”.

So....all you Social Just-Us Warriors, after years of imposing your sense of “fairness” upon us, we have rejected you.

You attempted to impose your counter-evolutionary agenda upon free people.

YOU called down the Thunder and you got it. Reap the whirlwind you pathetic wanna be slavers.
Out of the ruinous heap of your failed ideology, the only petulant screaming that can be heard is,
“How dare you impose freedom and personal responsibility upon us!!” Sadcryface2

The universe remains indifferent.

I do not.

Bring it, bitches. Evil_monster

There's nothing to "bring" wimpy one. Do try to calm down dear. Maybe your doctor could prescribe some pills or a sedative. Almost EVERYTHING your pathetic little rant above wants to apply to any of us, is just angry bullshit generalization. You don't even know us.

The long sweep of history remains in place. The broad changes in the GLOBAL economy, driven by the internet and shared popular cultural changes will never be reversed.
All your ranting about imposing agendas is nothing but paranoid crap. It is not possible. If change has occurred, it's because people were ready for it, and you have not a shred of evidence for you claims, which is what uneducated believers do, all the time. You are not special. You make up shit, and with no supporting evidence, post it, making assumptions about people's motivations and thoughts ... when in fact you have NO EVIDENCE.

Trumps OWN manufacturing REMAINS in China. The political pendulum swings back and forth. The horrible messes engendered by the Republicans and Bush Administration WERE reversed by Obama, and the economy was reversed by him, and the DOW is at an all-time high. That will never be undone.
Hillary Clinton won the popular vote.
Maybe Jebus can fix that.
I doubt it.

Quote:I could go on and fucking on. The archives of this forum are a bottomless pit of recorded liberal reality-denial.

As they are a record of complete and historic refutation of the utter ridiculousness of all kinds idiotic delusional religious claims and unsupported bullshit claims, which remain un-refuted.

Trump is not a real conservative. It's fools like you who have been stupid enough to accept his temporary lip-service to it, and bought this snake-oil salesman's garbage, that will be disappointed, in the end.
He's already walking back his promises, and has no clue how he will keep the rest.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-11-2016, 10:27 AM
(13-11-2016 09:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  Kestrel??? You voted for that loony? Why?
Good to speak with you again!

I didnt vote for a looney.
I voted for whom, out of the choices presented, I felt will best serve the countries interests.

I have no idea how it will shake out. The current No Guarantee policy applies to me as well.

As to "Why?", I covered it fairly well, above.

To condense it further.... Freedom. Not just for me but for everyone. The belief that it is the content of an individuals character that tells the truth of a person, and not any surface trait. Among many other things.

13-11-2016, 10:30 AM
SJW Cucky No Balls Wrote:There's nothing to "bring" wimp.

Uh huh.

Are you done editing yet?

I'll give you a few more hours to pull together a cogent thought. Drinking Beverage

Thread Closed